EA Forums - Banner

What Simpsons memorabilia you have?

Ch1F6d3.jpg

JIwd1aP.jpg

rQyOwfi.jpg

This is Homer Simpson and is dated 1990 as shown.

What other memorabilia you have?

Replies

• I have some of the empty Duff cans that you can store stuff in. Great hiding spots.
  • c948bf3ce4e3fd181bc3e5a955be244e.jpg
    I still have my original toys from the 1990 set, opened and played with of course.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited December 2019
    fmcMPCG.jpg
    qEaq5TS.jpg
    4suMLQ3.jpg

This is my 1990 Lisa Simpson
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited January 3
    QpiL7ev.jpg
    9kvITjK.jpg
    f0ndimZ.jpg

An annoyed Marge Simpson and Snowball?
  • johncolombo
    11198 posts Senior Moderator
    edited January 4
    I confess I have none. :D but cool thread. I have a lot of funko pop memorabilia but it's Doctor Who and walking dead stuff.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • I confess I have none. :D but cool thread. I have a lot of funko pop memorabilia but it's Doctor Who and walking dead stuff.

Thanks, your collections should be quite exclusive and rare! Like Daleks??
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited February 27
    HfqrtUL.jpg
    RjS2wLy.jpg
    t5yfWtN.jpg
    6bTWzWQ.jpg

One of my favourite T Shirt other than a periodic table t shirt that glows in the dark for the radioactive elements which I last acquired in Washington DC's Smithsonian long time ago.

I believe I acquired this Simpsons t shirt in 2000 when I was in Sydney Fox Studio. The theme park section of the studio didn't last. It opened in Nov 1999 and closed in end 2001. Some ladies ever smiled in the train when they saw me wearing this t shirt. Generally the quality of T shirts in the old days were very good, Especially those from the western world.
  • I have a Homer figurine that's meant to be mounted to the dashboard, and inertia triggers him to speak and randomly insult your driving. It's hilarious.

I also have a fridge magnet that speaks, when you tap it he says "woohoo!"
    "You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."
  • 4junk3000 wrote: »
    I have a Homer figurine that's meant to be mounted to the dashboard, and inertia triggers him to speak and randomly insult your driving. It's hilarious.

I also have a fridge magnet that speaks, when you tap it he says "woohoo!"

Ha.. I thought you may have the Buddha Homer
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited June 13
    kAwoTxK.jpg
    PvUKBPU.jpg

I bought this Homer Simpson Country Club Golf cap in the now defunct Sydney Fox Studio theme park around 2000 together with the T shirt I mentioned earlier. It was a spur of the moment kind of decision to get a Simpsons souvenir and to own my first cap. I only wore the cap probably during a beginner course into Golf. I dare not wear the cap now in case people think that I am having a mental problem due to age inappropriateness.

I think the Simpsons attraction there was to walk through some Simpson sets and to take photos with some characters' statues.

The major attraction there was this Titanic ride experience where you would get to experience the last moment of the sinking ship. The staff will allot the visitors to either a first class or a third class experience. Being Asian, I was thinking I would definitely be sent for the third class experience and indeed that was the case. I think we were on a platform that would move. I also remembered it ended by sending us out onto raft boats on the water. I am not sure if I took the the first class experience. Memory was hazy. They did have a lovely grand staircase replica there.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited June 18
    n6cX6w9.jpg

In one occasion a few years ago, there was a plan to attend an Halloween party and dance. I don't have any costume but I do have a white polo and a blue pants and I thought maybe I could be Homer Simpson. Just need to put a pillow into my tummy. But I didn't have anything to put on my head to look bald. In the end I went there as Superman, wearing a blue t shirt with the Superman emblem and a red pants.

Can this polo and pants be considered Simpsons memorabilia? It was an interesting moment.
  • 3 finger gloves, black shoes, shave your head and you might make a passable Homer Simpson! Pictures please! :D
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    IblmPSe.jpg

@smharris129 or this? As superman and homer concurrently. I used to have a white underwear like that, Big Yank brand..
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    I'm going to have a Corona sell off at some point, which will include Simpsons VHS tapes.
    At the time they had not yet been on TV.
  • @KLmaker I did a lot of recordings of Simpsons on VHS but have thrown all away. Here VHS tapes get mouldy very easily. I did buy an original VHS Simpsons I think Banned on TV from Oz. I believe I had thrown the tape away leaving the cover.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    edited June 19
    These are original Simpsons tapes, I hope they're still good as I have had recordable ones chewing up when I played them back.

I don't know what memorabilia has been sold in the UK, I dare say it has, but I honestly cannot recall seeing any.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    edited July 8
    Some pictures I found when I last went to Fox Studio Sydney

OJY1d0O.jpg
    I have not watched Simpsons in a few years. I heard that Apu has disappeared?

eRs92ct.jpg
    I cannot remember much what the theme park for Simpsons was about. I think it contained sets of Simpsons. Photography might have been prohibited as I did not have any photos of the interior.

jFeiJx8.jpg
    This might be the replica of the lounge chair that Rose laid topless in Titanic. Back then, we were not allowed to see her topless. That scene was censored in our cinema. There were outcries of dismay in the cinema when that happened.

During this trip, I bought my very first Oz DVD, Titanic, so that I could see her clearly. Though at the point I still do not own a DVD player. I only finally bought a multi region one a few years later and only then could I see her properly. I think my second DVD was Driven by Sylvester Stallone about car racing.

QNHTpiY.jpg

bOOweFp.jpg

JfUbM7S.jpg

XQ0MRiO.jpg

Some of the more interesting models there were these aliens decorations.
    I am just a friend to this guy in the photo. I realised that the shots look as if we were a couple. He was married to a lady many years ago and in fact I have lost touched with him
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »
    I am just a friend to this guy in the photo. I realised that the shots look as if we were a couple. He was married to a lady many years ago and in fact I have lost touched with him

Both wearing light coloured tops which is subjective, but mainly the bumbags, I don't think I've seen anyone wearing them since the eighties other than door-to-door sellers and that you both look like teddy bears.
  • 168sean168
    3655 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »

Both wearing light coloured tops which is subjective, but mainly the bumbags, I don't think I've seen anyone wearing them since the eighties other than door-to-door sellers and that you both look like teddy bears.

😄, Yeah the bum bag and backpack is almost like standard mobile items. Though in recent year, my older brother asked me not to carry the bum bag when I was in China. In case I get scammed as they would know I am a tourist.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    KLmaker wrote: »

😄, Yeah the bum bag and backpack is almost like standard mobile items. Though in recent year, my older brother asked me not to carry the bum bag when I was in China. In case I get scammed as they would know I am a tourist.

Yes definitely, the same goes not just for London or Bristol, but just about anywhere here, though you are probably more likely to get robbed by a Chilean than a British thief in the big cities.