EA Forums - Banner

Redwood

So I spent all the money to complete mr burns money mountain and in the end me burns makes some good money from his new outfit so I thought the same thing would happen with Lisa redwood I did that and seems like she has no special perks or anything is there something I'm missing about her that's a benefit or is it just a big useless tree

Replies

• KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    It is a big tree isn't it.
    I plan to have it positioned so it is some distance away from Canadian Border, but the top hides the sign that says what it is, and with the waterfall and trees I will try and blend it into a park.
    So it could hide something that you don't want to see and looks good at the same, unlike the Popsicle Tower, unless you like the Popsicle Tower of course.

Plus, at least one character has jobs there, I cannot remember as it's been a while since I done it, but you get the squirrel running and jumping about.
  • You aren't missing anything. You get the 'Treehugger Lisa' costume that pays at a regular rate and has only one visual task.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    edited June 22
    It's all relative.
    One person's redwood is another person's dead wood.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • shirey1315
    149 posts Member
    edited June 22
    Well o well I'll stick it with all my other tree hugger stuff at least Mr burns pays out double so I'll stick with using him
  • Can't even find my Redwood since I got glitched and it shrunk as I have no idea where I placed it lol.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    Can't even find my Redwood since I got glitched and it shrunk as I have no idea where I placed it lol.

If you hadn't finished it, it should be in your task bar.
  • JJR2112
    401 posts Member
    I use mind to (mostly) hide the homer face on the mountain that I can't store. So there's that. But yes, just a big tree.

CddpsSJ.png
  • 4rku7yvugnf0.png
    Just out the redwood with all my other tree hugger stuff idk what to do with yet
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    Can't even find my Redwood since I got glitched and it shrunk as I have no idea where I placed it lol.

Unfortunately I completed it quite some time ago, I know that I put it in the forest area but can't remember exactly where and it has blended is with the rest of the trees since it shrunk.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    edited June 23
    KLmaker wrote: »

Unfortunately I completed it quite some time ago, I know that I put it in the forest area but can't remember exactly where and it has blended is with the rest of the trees since it shrunk.

Yeah I did that with the cave where Carl has a picnic.
    Had a look at pictures on another forum, I don't remember it starting like that, albeit very very very vaguely.
    Post edited by KLmaker on
  • baksinengl89
    847 posts Member
    edited June 24
    I personally completed both the Redwood and Money Mountain ages ago.

I have yet to make more inroads regarding Cecil's Road to Riches sidequest.

While I have unlocked Springfield Dam a while back, I am still building up in game cash to unlock the Mansion Gardens next.

I find it kinda weird that the Road to Riches sidequest doesn't appear in the task list unlike the Redwood or Money Mountain sidequests did.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    I completed Redwood I can't remember when ago.

Had a go with Burns Money Mountain, but thought it just a sinkhole and I needed the room so stored it.

Got Springfield Dam not too long ago and just recently Mansion Gardens.
    If I had a DC for criminals, I would send 3 of them including Cecil overnight and only 2 in the day while Cecil did R2R.
    But that was 1hr and 4hr jobs and collect between 5m and 8m a day, but Mansion Gardens was 40m, the next one is 80m, so it would be a slog and I will not do that again.
    Build up the money and send him on 8hr job and collect 10m at a time I think.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6234 posts Moderator
    I loved these kind of quests. I wish they would release a new type of quest like this for something
  • If they made another one of these they need to make the prize more worth it all the time and money I out in to it and lisa was a joke so was nr burns but it was a little better since he had better pay out in his jobs
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    When I started my Redwood, I had already decided it would be a feature, I just didn't know how, other than a path and maybe fencing going around it.
    j2e33xg2e4b2.jpg

When the Canadian Border came in BHM I tried to find a way to hide the sign as I wanted the waterfall, and after some failed attempts, I thought Redwood.
    I'm still not sure of the orientation, left or right???
    Timberlog Inn becomes gift shop and refreshments, it should be on viewing platform but the sign is hidden, smaller trees for my benefit.
    Outlands Water Tower and trees hide the water join.
    I have yet to design a down slope, plus it is a long way from being finished anyway, nowhere even near tweaking.
    It is in the middle of a dumping ground as there are constraints but I try and do a bit of designing.

Some might say this should be in Showcase, Firstly -- it is not finished, Secondly -- I'm just saying your Redwood does not have to be dead wood, mine won't be.
  • baksinengl89
    847 posts Member
    edited July 26
    KLmaker wrote: »
    I completed Redwood I can't remember when ago.

Had a go with Burns Money Mountain, but thought it just a sinkhole and I needed the room so stored it.

Got Springfield Dam not too long ago and just recently Mansion Gardens.
    If I had a DC for criminals, I would send 3 of them including Cecil overnight and only 2 in the day while Cecil did R2R.
    But that was 1hr and 4hr jobs and collect between 5m and 8m a day, but Mansion Gardens was 40m, the next one is 80m, so it would be a slog and I will not do that again.
    Build up the money and send him on 8hr job and collect 10m at a time I think.

Money Mountain is kinda worth it just to see the mountain finally complete.

Plus after its complete, you get a super premium cool skin for Mr Burns that pays out at least 4x times higher than regular premium characters do.
  • KLmaker
    946 posts Member
    @baksinengl89 I would agree it is worth it in the end, but early on, it was just not going to happen, not for me anyway.