EA Forums - Banner

Any update on an Android release?

nickm48 wrote:
I know this has been asked here many times, however I am just curious if there is any news on an android release. Android takes up a big chunk of the mobile market and would be a smart move to have an android release.

EA hasn't announced anything and there's nothing that can be found through a Google News search to show there's a possibility soon.

Replies

• carvensno
    93 posts
    edited January 2013
    Dont count on a release due to the large amount of Android platforms/OS's that are out there and the many more to come that EA would have to support for the game.
  • spiffshine
    1978 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    EA's servers can barely handle the Apple iDevice traffic. I pray to Jebus there is no Android release until this * is fixed.
  • mdfriend
    1330 posts Member
    edited January 2013
    spiffshine wrote:
    EA's servers can barely handle the Apple iDevice traffic. I pray to Jebus there is no Android release until this * is fixed.

or separate servers if they do a release, but I see no updates
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6344 posts Moderator
    edited January 2013
    I suspect if they ever make a Android version, it's a long way off and certainly not a top priority for them.
  • gloryhorn87
    154 posts
    edited January 2013
    Ann who?
  • sticksmcfly
    14 posts
    edited April 2013
    Oh glorious day! Caloo,calaaaay!!!

Finally just logged in on my Android tablet - looks fantastic!

(I've only been playing on an iPhone 3gs up to this point - sloooow.)

Love the easy way to add friends right from the other springfields screen and other stuff - GREAT UPDATE.
  • stevieort
    615 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I logged on to my Origin account tonight on my Droid phone. Woo hoo! So fun seeing my Springfield on my phone.
  • mkdons276
    52 posts
    edited April 2013
    nickm48 wrote:
    I know this has been asked here many times, however I am just curious if there is any news on an android release. Android takes up a big chunk of the mobile market and would be a smart move to have an android release.

May i ask what your on about?

I have a HTC one XL and updated from google play store around 3am UK time, logged into my origin account, linked it to my town and everything working fine!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.