EA Forums - Banner

Think I'm switching shows.

Prev1
simpsonare
2199 posts Member
I just went into my family guy game and they have a Disney knock off event going on. I'm personally tired of being underwhelmed with Simpsons. Don't get me wrong... I do try to enjoy it. But the lack of decorations and interaction is leaving me with wanting so.ething more. Not sure why they ever changed how they did things. I know we wanted something different but less was not it.

I don't even mind spending money in mobile games if I enjoy it. Seeing the abundance of content in Family guy updates has me about to switch games. I already know we are about to have 3-4 weeks with maybe up to 5 new items. Story... who knows. The thing is... we want to play a game. This is a interactive Kindle. All we do is tap through stories and task people for minimal content. m03k79rs2bcy.gif

Replies

• It really has started to get boring now. I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer spending hours upon hours designing, skipping the story and losing interest to even log on every 4 hours. It changed as soon as EA had its mass lay-offs and seems like they only now care for new players rather then the long time players.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking
  • From the reviews I read on family Guy quest for stuff seems like it has worse bugs then the Simpsons if the content it better but the game is unstable then there's no point in playing it
  • KLmaker
    1038 posts Member
    Castiel19x wrote: »
    It really has started to get boring now. I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer spending hours upon hours designing, skipping the story and losing interest to even log on every 4 hours. It changed as soon as EA had its mass lay-offs and seems like they only now care for new players rather then the long time players.

Have you tried nuking, you were all over that like a really bad rash with knobs on. >:);):)
  • Castiel19x
    4114 posts Member
    edited July 23
    KLmaker wrote: »
    It really has started to get boring now. I've gotten to the point where I'm no longer spending hours upon hours designing, skipping the story and losing interest to even log on every 4 hours. It changed as soon as EA had its mass lay-offs and seems like they only now care for new players rather then the long time players.

Have you tried nuking, you were all over that like a really bad rash with knobs on. >:);):)

Want me to start saying it again. I do miss it. :)
    giphy.gif

• 168sean168
    3695 posts Member
    @Castiel19x , did you base your name out of the Angel in Supernatural?
  • nmd6
    146 posts Member
    I played the family guy game for a few months when it came out. There may be plenty of content but I found there was absolutely no way of finishing tasks unless you spent actual cash. There was no way I could have done the task any faster and I was getting nowhere near finishing them. It was just a money racket. It may have improved since or it may not but I certainly won’t be back.
  • Castiel19x
    4114 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

I sure did Sean :D
  • 168sean168
    3695 posts Member
    168sean168 wrote: »

I sure did Sean :D

It took me so long to find out as I just started with the series this year
  • nmd6 wrote: »
    I played the family guy game for a few months when it came out. There may be plenty of content but I found there was absolutely no way of finishing tasks unless you spent actual cash. There was no way I could have done the task any faster and I was getting nowhere near finishing them. It was just a money racket. It may have improved since or it may not but I certainly won’t be back.

At first you could keep up on free play, but then it went crazy and there were some who couldn’t keep up even by buying everything offered. There were some quests that you couldn’t even play at all without purchases. That was when I left, never to return.
  • Not switching shows, just gone back to games that I didn't delete. Hay Day. Been playing it for years but stopped. I have to force myself to go on Tapped Out. 24 hour tasks now.! I can see the writing on the wall... Such a shame.
  • You can play other games, you don't even have to make a scene when you go. Tapped out will be here waiting for you when you decide to play again.

I'd be surprised if most of us haven't just stopped playing for a few years at a time and ended up coming back. They don't add much content on a regular basis, but they do keep adding a few new things now and then to keep it somewhat fresh. Not many other games are still being supported after 8 years like this one.
  • I've been really enjoying tapped out but also been getting in the the animation throw down card game lately gives me something to play in-between tasks
  • bluntcard
    3691 posts Member
    Switching? Are you only allowed one show?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Just one. It's written in stone
    7f6f3y7gsurg.png
  • bluntcard
    3691 posts Member
    If they would just make it possible to send all kids trick or treating at once in the Nightmare Pile, the game would be elevated to magical status.
  • DisguisedIcyAiredaleterrier-size_restricted.gif

I loathe The Guy of Family, I wish thee good fortune on the morrow as I cannot walk the path thee walks.

I too once tried with a world of tomorrow and yet I couldn't find the right footing, I bid thee well in your search.
  • KLmaker
    1038 posts Member
    I have no intention of switching anywhere and the only other game I play is Mahjong.
  • niahunt
    299 posts Member
    nmd6 wrote: »

At first you could keep up on free play, but then it went crazy and there were some who couldn’t keep up even by buying everything offered. There were some quests that you couldn’t even play at all without purchases. That was when I left, never to return.

Same here, deleted the game & have no desire to download it again.....
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6244 posts Moderator
    edited July 24
    Some of these other games are heavy on the in-app purchases & make it impossible to gain free currency without having to dish out some cold hard cash.

I mean, don’t get me wrong. It’s great to support the devs & I do it on here for Tapped Out. But Tapped Out also gives you lots of ways to gain free Donuts. Some of these other games? Yea right. Futurama game was abandoned a long time ago.

I love this game & have played it non stop since the very beginning when we only had 20 levels and nothing else. No events or anything. Look how far this game has come. And I look forward to each update and event and I will keep doing it for the future.
  • bluntcard
    3691 posts Member
    I have a sentimental attachment to this game, much like that of A Charlie Brown Christmas. I took a video of the music and splash page from a Halloween Event about three years back and oh the memories come flooding back. That moody, oh so TSTO Halloween music. Love it. It's more that just entertainment to me. Even if Winter and Halloween events aren't what they once were, I still look forward to them every year.