EA Forums - Banner

Summer Games 2020: Walkthrough

LPNintendoITA
11465 posts Member
edited July 26
200th update!

Auto starts

System Message: Today marks the 200th update for The Simpsons: Tapped Out! For this momentous occasion, the Truck Truck Truck is now available for free!
System Message: Need a place to put that Truck Truck Truck? How about this free Parking Lot Lot Lot?
System Message: Still not enough? Fine, take these 30 free donuts!

Quest reward: 30 Donuts

Summer Fun & Games

Auto starts

Quimby: Aw, I’m missing my favorite summer activities: the rallies, the ribbon cuttings, the close distance affairs...
Miss Springfield: At least we have summer sports to look forward to.
Kent Brockman: And this just in, the 2020 International Summer Games have been canceled due to health concerns.
Kent Brockman: In other news, I will continue to broadcast from my closet for the foreseeable future.
Quimby: If I offer Springfield to host the Summer Games, my popularity will skyrocket!
Miss Springfield: The Summer Games, here?! But Springfield's a dump!
Quimby: A dump with four taxpayer-funded NFL stadiums.

Task: Make Quimby Bring the Summer Games to Springfield
Time: 1h

Quimby: So, er, uh, we have a bunch of stadiums — just no parking structures, concessions, public transportation, or space to house the world's countries.
Summer Games Chairman: If we made it work in Athens, we can make it work anywhere.

Quest reward: $100 and 10 XP

Summer Sportin’, Had Me a Blast Pt. 1

Auto starts

Quimby: See? Springfield's not so bad...
Summer Games Chairman: This city couldn't host a bar mitzvah, let alone an international sporting event!
Quimby: Oh, it's just a little messy...
Summer Games Chairman: These streets are littered with stray cats and Mardi Gras beads!
Crazy Cat Lady: My cats!
Mrs. Muntz: My beads!
Summer Games Chairman: You — Sea Captain Guy! Shanghai a crew of sailors and scrub Springfield from port to starboard.
Sea Captain: Arr, I was about to sail away and ride out the end times...but, sure.
Summer Games Chairman: And you — Comic Book Guy! Gather your nerds and restore Springfield to "mint condition".
Comic Book Guy: Nerds assemble!
Comic Book Guy: Well, don't get too close.

Task: Collect Cheap Trophies [x105]
Task: Make Homer Lounge While Others Clean
Time: 4h
Task: Make Springfielders Scrub and Polish Streets [x5]
Task: Make Children Wash Windows [x5]

Summer Games Chairman: Pretty clean, but there's something missing that all international sporting events require...a country's worth of small children dancing in unison.
Summer Games Chairman: *pointing* You kids — dance!
Milhouse: Okay! But which dance?
Martin: Since school went online, we've all learned like three hundred TikTok dances!
Summer Games Chairman: Hmm, show me a "Renegade" and then transition to a "Savage".
Dancing Children: *TikTok dancing noises*

Summer Sportin’, Had Me a Blast Pt. 2

Auto starts

Kent Brockman: It seems as if the International Summer Games will be missing the "international" as every world government is declining to come to Springfield.
Sakatumi: Springfield? Hard pass.
Mexican Duffman: ¡Ay! ¡No!
Cayman Island Banker: Our health experts are keen on us maintaining our longstanding policy of "Springfield-Distancing".
Summer Games Chairman: The moment you secure housing for the fencing teams, they pull the rug out from under you.
Summer Games Chairman: Well, it's been real, Springfield.
Quimby: Wait, we don't need the rest of the world! America always wins the Summer Games anyway. We'll make it USA versus USA!
Homer: U-S-A! U-S-A!
Quimby: We'll be the host city of the most patriotic sporting competition ever! Well, at least the most patriotic for us.
Disguised Smug N: Not so fast, Freedom Fries! Litovia is here to compete!
Disguised Smug J: Litovia 'til I die!
Summer Games Chairman: Litovia's not a country. Do you even have a constitution?
Disguised Smug N: Article one: punch people who ask questions. *punches Chairman*
Summer Games Chairman: I commend your spirit. You can compete.

Task: Collect Cheap Trophies [x140]
Task: Make Homer Rally Springfielders Against Litovians
Time: 6h
Task: Make Springfielders Volunteer to Compete in Games [x5]

Moe: I'm in! The U-S of A ain’t rolling over for a bunch of...what are youse? Europeans?
Disguised Smug J: Aren’t we all? *coughs* I mean, we're Litovians and we're going to destroy you like the third-rate country you so desperately want to become!
Moe: America may not be the superpower the world turns to anymore, but in terms of sports...
Barney: Remember the Titans!
Lenny: We are Marshall!
Carl: Miracle on Ice!

Summer Sportin’, Had Me a Blast Pt. 3

Auto starts

Summer Games Chairman: It's been a challenge coming up with events that allow the competitors to stay a safe distance apart.
Quimby: It doesn't matter what the events are, as long as we beat those pesky Litovians.
Summer Games Chairman: Well, so far the Litovians have the edge in singles tennis, timed-solitaire, and lawn darts.
Ralph: I'm a statistic!
Quimby: Our All-Springfield American team isn't winning???
Summer Games Chairman: Well, last place is still the silver trophy.
Quimby: We need to figure out what things only Springfielders are better at.
Summer Games Chairman: Pre-existing conditions?

Task: Collect Cheap Trophies [x175]
Task: Make Homer Beat Litovians in Sports Mascot Dance Off
Location: Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum, Town Hall or Brown House
If the user has Barney: Task: Make Barney Lose to Litovians in Bowling
Location: Bowlarama, Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum or Brown House
Task: Make Flanders Beat Litovians in Horseshoes
Location: Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum, Town Hall or Brown House

Quimby: Well, we were making up good ground on the Litovians until Barney lost in the bowling finals.
Homer: But Barney throws strikes for breakfast!
Barney: Those Litovians put crème de menthe in my bowling bag. Who told them mint-flavored alcohol is my kryptonite?
Disguised Smug J: Another great victory for Litovia. So Lit!
Homer: By Abraham Lincoln's Lincoln Logs, I will destroy these Litovians!

Summer Sportin’, Had Me a Blast Pt. 4

Auto starts

Kent Brockman: We are now in the final stretch of the games: cornhole, Dance Dance Revolution, and lotto scratchers.
Summer Games Chairman: The whole world is watching — it was either this or sitting through that Michael Jordan "documentary" for the 4th time.
Quimby: We Springfielders have to be like Mike and destroy the Litovians like he destroyed Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, some guy named Clyde, Isiah Thomas, and that poisoned pizza.
Summer Games Chairman: I don't know, these Litovians are tough competitors. They keep bullying all the refs.
Summer Games Chairman: My best one quit after they gave him a "swirly".
Lisa: Hmm, swirlies... I’m going to look into these so-called Litovians. Something's off about them…

Task: Collect Cheap Trophies [x210]
Task: Make Lisa Investigate the Litovians
Task: Make Moe Beat the Litovians in Rock, Paper, Scissors
Time: 2h
Task: Make Homer Beat the Litovians at Cornhole
Location: Cletus's Farm, Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum, Town Hall or Brown House
If the user has Carl: Task: Make Carl Beat the Litovians in Lotto Scratchers
Time: 1h
Location: Kwik-E-Mart, Moe's Tavern, Town Hall or Brown House

Homer: Woohoo! I cornholed the Litovians!
Moe: Scissors as a first move? Stupid Litovians. Rock is the American way!
Carl: *holding lotto ticket* I get to keep the million dollars! I'm moving back to Iceland!
Carl: ICE-LAND! ICE-LAND!

Summer Sportin’, Had Me a Blast Pt. 5

Auto starts

Kent Brockman: It all comes down to this, sports fans! The gold trophy count between Litovia and the USA is tied at fifteen apiece...
Kent Brockman: The final event of Springfield-Rules Tetherball will separate glorious gold from sorrowful silver!
Homer: Okay boy, you're representing us on the world stage. Don't lose and make America look any dumber.
Bart: Relax! I got this. No way these weirdo Litovians know "Springfield Rules".

Task: Collect Cheap Trophies [x210]
If the user has Bart: Task: Make Bart Lose to the Litovians at Tetherball
Location: Springfield Elementary, Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum, Town Hall or Brown House
Task: Make Homer Watch Bart Lose at Tetherball
Location: Springfield Elementary, Duff Center Arena, Springfield Coliseum, Town Hall or Brown House

Homer: NOOOOO! Bart! How could you lose?!
Bart: That was illegal! You double-hit!
Disguised Smug J: "Double-hits" are allowed if following a "triple-half-spinny".
Bart: You know about triple-half-spinnies? That's impossible! Who taught you "Springfield Rules"?!
Lisa: No one taught them! They're Springfielders! That’s Jimbo — and that one is Nelson!
Homer: The bullies moved to Litovia?
Summer Games Chairman: There's no such thing as Litovia. It's made up! The integrity of this two-country international competition is ruined!
Homer: You Litovians betrayed our country? And for what? Glory? Cheap trophies? Your own Wikipedia page?
Nelson: It was a political protest. America sucks!
Jimbo: Yeah, Americans used to be LIT! Now we just sit around day-trading on Robinhood.
Summer Games Chairman: True...however, since the Litovian team is not actually from the made-up place of Litovia...they are disqualified! The United States wins!
Nelson: You're getting a swirly! *flushes toilet*
Summer Games Chairman: This place IS worse than Athens!
Quimby: I declare this the end of the International Summer Games! Our Eternal Tire Fire Flame can now be extinguished!

Game But Not Forgotten

Auto starts

Quimby: Well, the Summer Games turned out to be a rousing success!
Summer Games Chairman: Maybe for you. I can't wait to leave this vile place.
Quimby: Er-uh…that’s not how things work around here. Once you’re unlocked you’re here forever.
Summer Games Chairman: Well, at least give me a job — a role in your administration as a reward for making the Games a success.
Quimby: Oh don't worry, I have the perfect job for you.

Task: Make Homer Celebrate

Summer Games Chairman: Become your city street sweeper?
Quimby: Times are tough, and you really did a good job cleaning this place up.
Summer Games Chairman: Well, try cleaning this up! Here's your bill for hosting the games.
Quimby: That's a lot of zeroes! Reopen the airport — I've got to get out of here!
Sea Captain: You can sail away from the apocalypse with me. Also, debts can't be collected on international waters.

Quest reward: $200 and 20 XP
Post edited by LPNintendoITA on
My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord

Replies

• It was nice to see the Duff Center Arena used in part 3, 4 and 5 of the questline because there isn't any character tasks there.
  • bluntcard
    3720 posts Member
    Sports Winners Stand - I haven't seen it do anything.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • wadebear
    3681 posts Member
    bluntcard wrote: »
    It's sessile.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    It's sessile.
    we5rhxqnzl3q.png
  • kylemellev801
    159 posts Member
    edited August 7
    wadebear wrote: »
    It's sessile.

Sessile is a term applicable to biological organisms, I believe a more appropriate term would be "stationary." Regardless, it doesn't really provide a proper response to the earlier post either way.

The Sports Winners Stand is indeed a stationary object but it may still have a function, typically by providing a task. Unfortunately, the SWS does not seem to provide anything not even a brief animation.
    Post edited by kylemellev801 on
  • Not that homer needs another job, but this could have been a good animation
    5tj8mm156mb5.png
  • PotBellyPigeon
    364 posts Member
    edited August 7
    Not that homer needs another job, but this could have been a good animation
    5tj8mm156mb5.png

That's the animation for Patriotic Homer's 60 minute job "Wave a Big Flag Around". Instead of Patriotic Homer walking around doing the visual task, the task should be on the Sports Winners Stand.
  • wadebear
    3681 posts Member
    Sessile is a term applicable to biological organisms,
    It's alive. Everything in animation is alive. Didn't you see Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    It's alive. Everything in animation is alive. Didn't you see Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

54651cfc31d3394dc23127d2fa221753.jpg
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.
    What part of "unsolicited friend requests are all denied" do you NOT get?

Haha, fair point!
  • bluntcard
    3720 posts Member
    So, it just sits there? No animations or jobs are associated with it?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    So, it just sits there? No animations or jobs are associated with it?

Yeah, it just sit there with no animations or jobs with it. It does at least have a sound when you tap it.
  • KLmaker
    1120 posts Member
    wadebear wrote: »

54651cfc31d3394dc23127d2fa221753.jpg
    I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way.

Looks more like Wolfcastle in a dress.
  • It is Wolfcastle in a dress, it's from the one canon Halloween episode
  • KLmaker
    1120 posts Member
    Haven't seen that one.
  • kylemellev801
    159 posts Member
    edited August 12
    KLmaker wrote: »
    Haven't seen that one.

It's titled "Halloween of Horror," from Season 27 - Episode 4. I highly recommend it, easily one of the best later season episodes. Lisa gets spooked, Bart misses out on the fun and the Springfield adults prove that Halloween isn't just for kids!
  • KLmaker
    1120 posts Member
    It does sound good.