EA Forums - Banner

The Van Houten event starts at 3pm GMT and once again no prior news on NDA

Replies

• KLmaker
    1488 posts Member
    new event coming today
    and once again congratulations to EA breaking the NDA. again. giving us NO PREVIEW. again. to the event. congrats

It's not helpful, now we have to wait for you to be able to do your posts, there was a time when the walkthrough would be up earlier.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • I updated my game.

But the game isn't working, it doesn't go beyond the title/splash screen for whatever reason on my phone.

Maybe you missed the part where it doesn't start for another 7 hours (3PM UTC)
    The thing is I can't even log into my game, it's stuck at the spinning donut thing at the splash screen.

I just wanna collect all my in game cash and see what new Daily Challenges I have got. But I can't because of this damned glitch.

I had to turn off my iPad completely (not just on the sleep setting),wait a few minutes & reboot.

I was able to get into the game after the above step,hope it works for you.
  • and once again congratulations to EA breaking the NDA. again. giving us NO PREVIEW. again. to the event. congrats
    The NDA was for us to stop data mining, EA never really intended to give information early. Which is why I’ve thought the whole transaction was pretty fishy to begin with.

• It's great to get the sounds back on my android devices with the update.
  • No Shlebyville Milhouse :(

Maybe EA are saving Shelbyville Milhouse for a Shelbyville event.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    I just wanna collect all my in game cash and see what new Daily Challenges I have got. But I can't because of this damned glitch.
    Close your game. Pull up the app manager and swipe the game away, and all other open apps too. Turn off your device. Wait 1 minute. Turn on your device. Try to play.
    If that don't work: Repeat above but turn off your home internet after you turn off your device.

Finally got this stupid game to work, even after closing all my apps and turning my phone off for around a couple of minutes like you suggested didn't help.

I had to uninstall the game and than reinstall it to get this wretched game to finally bloody work.
  • I wasn't expecting this, but eh....

I'm not too hot on an event focused entirely around Milhouse, TBQH.
    Trying to control the horizontal & the vertical. Do not adjust your TV.
  • tstonumberonefan
    171 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Nothing yet and it’s gone 3 pm uk both iOS or Android
  • That’s just past 3pm BST, not 3pm GMT. You have another 45 minutes to wait.
  • That’s just past 3pm BST, not 3pm GMT. You have another 45 minutes to wait.
    It was 3 pm BST the last one not the last mini.
    I don’t know why it keeps changing
  • Yeah, it’s a pain. I’m 8 hours ahead of GMT, so would definitely have preferred BST. I could be asleep by now!
  • Yeah, it’s a pain. I’m 8 hours ahead of GMT, so would definitely have preferred BST. I could be asleep by now!

I’m in the same time zone as you...having to wait until 11.00pm for it to start. Guess they can’t please all time zones tho.We can catch up in the morning when everyone else is asleep, :p
  • @shirey1315 have you got sound yet?
  • niahunt wrote: »
    Yeah, it’s a pain. I’m 8 hours ahead of GMT, so would definitely have preferred BST. I could be asleep by now!

I’m in the same time zone as you...having to wait until 11.00pm for it to start. Guess they can’t please all time zones tho.We can catch up in the morning when everyone else is asleep, :p

Oh, it was totally worth staying up for. I’m not sure I will be able to sleep now that I’m so excited by the innovative gameplay and th-SNOOOOOORRRRRRRRE!
  • Bloody hell £19.99 for a Van houten character Plus 300ds not paying that. Come on ea I got made unemployed do to coronavirus
  • Teenage Milhouse behind a truckload, I thought they were done with this nonsense.
  • new event coming today
    and once again congratulations to EA breaking the NDA. again. giving us NO PREVIEW. again. to the event. congrats

7u0ire467tiz.jpeg

7jul0rrmmne1.gif
    My choice for all my Tapped Out news and troll-free friendly chat is the EA officially approved Tapped Out UK :)
  • simpsonare wrote: »
    Premium character behind donut purchase. Teen milhouse that is buff

I noticed that, too. I guess they need people to spend actual real world money on the game again.
  • Bloody hell £19.99 for a Van houten character Plus 300ds not paying that. Come on ea I got made unemployed do to coronavirus

Passing on this as well.
    Give it a few months and there'll charged donuts for him.
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6284 posts Moderator
    No Shlebyville Milhouse :(

Maybe EA are saving Shelbyville Milhouse for a Shelbyville event.

This is what I’m hoping for as well. I want a Shelbyville event