EA Forums - Banner

What did the Van Houten's Curse you with?

Prev1
In this final stage of the Van Houten saga I got:
Motorola: Taylor House with Allison Taylor!
Galaxy: Practice Rink with Lewis Clark!
Fire: Bort. Out of all the possible things I could get I got Bort in all 4 towns.
iPad: Miss Tillingham's School

Replies

• Wrapped up with Stephanie Brockman..
  • Nothing left, so 12 donuts this time.
  • Khorah wrote: »
    Wrapped up with Stephanie Brockman..
    Brittany Brockman. Not Stephanie. How would you like it if people were calling you by your mother's name?
  • virtuman1980
    11 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I got S.T.E.M. Conference Hotel, Erik, Radioactive Milhouse, and Magic Act Milhouse in that order from the free tokens.

Not completely satisfied with the prizes, I decided to purchase the 5-token pack with the Bonuts that I farmed from KEM. And I received Golf 'N' Die Retirement Village, Springfield Skate Park, and Mighty Pigs Practice Rink; I was completely stoked with the draw :)

So my question is if I left the 2 remaining tokens unused, will I get donuts back after the events has ended? If so, how many donuts? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Post edited by virtuman1980 on
  • I got S.T.E.M. Conference Hotel, Erik, Radioactive Milhouse, and Magic Act Milhouse in that order from the free tokens.

Not completely satisfied with the prizes, I decided to purchase the 5-token pack with the Bonuts that I farmed from KEM. And I received Golf 'N' Die Retirement Village, Springfield Skate Park, and Mighty Pigs Practice Rink; I was completely stoked with draw :)

So my question is if I left the 2 remaining tokens unused, will I get donuts back after the events has ended? If so, how many donuts? Thanks in advance for any help.

You usually get 12 donuts per token.

• So my question is if I left the 2 remaining tokens unused, will I get donuts back after the events has ended? If so, how many donuts? Thanks in advance for any help.
    71w87xamckmn.jpg
    Mr. Papadapaconstantikasgianopolopodopotopolis was my father. You can call me Spiro.
  • I got cursed with a box of donuts.
  • wadebear
    3996 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    If you REALLY want the last 2 items from the Mystery Box you should buy single tokens. They're 60 Donuts each.
    Just be sure they're not things you could get from the Yearbook for 30 Donuts.
  • wadebear wrote: »
    If you REALLY want the last 2 items from the Mystery Box you should buy single tokens. They're 60 Donuts each.
    Just be sure they're not things you could get from the Yearbook for 30 Donuts.

Thanks everyone for their input.

I am left with Allison Taylor and Juvenile Correction Facility which both can be obtained from the Yearbook.
    But since I am only going to get 12 donuts back, it will cost me 36 donuts (48-12) per token if I don't use them. So may as well get the above 2 prizes here instead from the Yearbook. Does that make sense?
  • I am left with Allison Taylor and Juvenile Correction Facility which both can be obtained from the Yearbook.
    But since I am only going to get 12 donuts back, it will cost me 36 donuts (48-12) per token if I don't use them. So may as well get the above 2 prizes here instead from the Yearbook. Does that make sense?
    No, you're not making any sense.
    Allison Taylor and the JCF are both available in the Yearbook. Yearbook "tokens" cost 30 Donuts each. So getting those 2 things from the Yearbook will cost you a total of 60 Donuts. They will always be in the Yearbook so you can wait.
    A single Van Houten token costs 60 Donuts. You can buy them one at a time.
    Buying 5 tokens for 240 Donuts but only using 2 will make the TWO you use cost 102 Donuts each.
    240 - 12 - 12 - 12 = 204 : 204 / 2 = 102
    Buy them from the Yearbook. You don't have to do it now. They'll still be in the Yearbook a year from now (assuming the game is still going a year from now).

• I got Jake Boyman. Is there supposed to be a questline for him? Reading through the forums apparently you need Ms Prince from a prior event years ago, whom I haven't got?
  • I got Jake Boyman. Is there supposed to be a questline for him? Reading through the forums apparently you need Ms Prince from a prior event years ago, whom I haven't got?
    Well, since Jake Boyman is just a skin for Lisa it doesn't really cripple the character.
  • Not trying to be snarky but how don't you have everything by now?
    I got Jake Boyman. Is there supposed to be a questline for him? Reading through the forums apparently you need Ms Prince from a prior event years ago, whom I haven't got?
    Well, since Jake Boyman is just a skin for Lisa it doesn't really cripple the character.

I am not sure that answers my question...? I have also had fit Milhouse and again it didn't trigger a questline? All skins I have had so far have come with a questline, I believe.
  • Jake Boyman never had a questline
    I got Jake Boyman. Is there supposed to be a questline for him? Reading through the forums apparently you need Ms Prince from a prior event years ago, whom I haven't got?

I am not sure that answers my question...? I have also had fit Milhouse and again it didn't trigger a questline? All skins I have had so far have come with a questline, I believe.

Like you said in your original comment, you need Mrs. Prince (who hasn't returned in the game yet) because her questline involves Jake Boyman and unlocks the rest of his tasks.

Fit Milhouse doesn't have a questline now but he did have a questline in The Yellow Badge of Cowardge update when he was first released 6 years ago but it just was to help unlock the skin and his visual tasks.

Some characters and costumes released in the first couple of years of the game either didn't have their own questlines or they did have questlines but without any dialogue or they had questlines only during the updates that they were first released in.
  • That's helpful, thank you!
  • jukan00 wrote: »
    Not trying to be snarky but how don't you have everything by now?
    Who are you addressing? Me? I don't have everything because I stubbornly spent my donuts on characters and buildings instead of buying Burns' Mystery Boxes all those years like I should have to pump my Bonus up. I finally smartened up. Now I can afford everything, just not all at once.
  • I didn't get a curse? :o:s
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • Disappointed in the event offerings this time around, although favorite thus far has to be the 'Little Italy', really looking forward to building an area themed to 'Luigi" ...