EA Forums - Banner

So...Did the Decorations Limit Really Get Bumped Up to 14,000?

I've been bumping up against the 13,000 limit for about a year now. I've learned ways of compensating (less trees, removing the street lights), but I've always been between 20-50 decorations from the limit. So I was ecstatic to hear that we were getting our first decorations bump in years. With the update, I started adding missing walls that were previously obscured by trees and ... I hit the 13,000 decorations limit. What gives?

Replies

• I have over 17 k items in my town. Had to store praiseland, my christmas town . this that. Half my town and yet I see the itemlimit is at 13k. Funny
  • I put some decorations out, maybe 50 of them and I hit the limit so it hasn't been increased. What a let down.
    imve7wiv0j1p.png
  • johncolombo
    11423 posts Senior Moderator
    Thanks for the information. I'm looking into this right now. I'll update when I have news.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Thanks for the information. I'm looking into this right now. I'll update when I have news.

Was there meant to be a Halloween theme i.e. fog, rivers, leaves and music etc?

• Usually the item limit raises a couple days after the event starts.
  • 1Christmasville
    114 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    The water is green and spooky effect on my Springfield Dam and Springfield Falls, and that's the only affect I can see. I definitely miss blowing leaves, etc. I think it's all about server space - also explaining why we don't have any good neighbour interaction anymore :(
  • johncolombo
    I just got a message that the item limit is fixed to the new proper amount of 14,000
  • johncolombo
    camihendo1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. I'm looking into this right now. I'll update when I have news.

Was there meant to be a Halloween theme i.e. fog, rivers, leaves and music etc?

I don’t get the artistic direction notes. I guess what we see is what we get.
  • I just got a message that the item limit is fixed to the new proper amount of 14,000

Woo hoo!
  • I see that the update has occurred. That's a relief.