EA Forums - Banner

Recycled Events

What happened to all the great events this game used to have? This game used to provide really fun, unique events. Now it's the same recycled events over and over again. Send a few characters on a 4 hour task to earn "currency" to get a couple decorations, couple buildings, and either a character we didn't ask for or a useless outfit for a character who already has a bunch. I miss the old events where you actually had to do some participation besides just sending characters on the same tasks over and over again. I hope we can get this special events back again some day

Replies

• I wouldn't hold your breath. But at least the dialogue's been consistently great for the last good while.
  • DonutZ303 wrote: »
    What happened to all the great events this game used to have? This game used to provide really fun, unique events. Now it's the same recycled events over and over again. Send a few characters on a 4 hour task to earn "currency" to get a couple decorations, couple buildings, and either a character we didn't ask for or a useless outfit for a character who already has a bunch. I miss the old events where you actually had to do some participation besides just sending characters on the same tasks over and over again. I hope we can get this special events back again some day

As you probably know already the game is getting rather old these days and simply isn't making the money for EA that it once did so they aren't going to put the effort into it that they once did, I suppose that we should be happy to still have a game and that they still produce events for us to play at all.
  • If this is the model that keeps the game going I’m not complaining. I know OP is new to the forum so will have missed all the ‘game is dying’ threads from a while back. I’m just happy to have regular events that offer new buildings, characters, skins and decorations, even if the events themselves are monotonous. And an item limit increase that let’s me bring some stored items onto the map. I’m still having fun.
  • There are things people don't remember about those awesome events, though. LOTS and lots of issues, things not working correctly, screens freezing. They were big, lots of downloading, people not having enough space on their devices. And unfortunately lots of complaining. I'm glad I got to play them. Love to revisit some of them. But, I'm happy with this current event. Wish they would have granted my NIGHTMARE PILE wish so we could have little trick or treat'ers running around.
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • If this is the model that keeps the game going I’m not complaining. I know OP is new to the forum so will have missed all the ‘game is dying’ threads from a while back. I’m just happy to have regular events that offer new buildings, characters, skins and decorations, even if the events themselves are monotonous. And an item limit increase that let’s me bring some stored items onto the map. I’m still having fun.

I honestly don't mind for the most part as long as there is actual thought put into the content we get. Like the milhouse event had many things I'd never use for designing. But if we are getting cool, practical and nice looking objects for designing then I am happy. I still need to get around to designing the rest of my town. Maybe I'll do that when I get my new tablet tomorrow.