EA Forums - Banner

Ice tiles

Prev1
wdlh08n3xf2z.jpeg

Are these ice tiles limited time? I can’t find them anywhere in store

Replies

• Isn't that just the water tiles frozen up? 😉
  • Definitely ice tiles. The water tiles still look like water in the menu.
  • Denisgarfield74
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Definitely ice tiles. The water tiles still look like water in the menu.

True... but if you place them in your town, they 'freeze' due to winter decoration... just like the water turned black during the halloween decor
    (I could be wrong offcourse, but that ice tile does not seem to be an option in my build mode)
  • They were from the Christmas 2017 event, not returned so far.
    Be nice if they did, or if they could be unlocked like the cobbled roads.
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    They were from the Christmas 2017 event, not returned so far.

Being able unlock more ice tiles would be fantastic as I'd love some more of them to design with, they look great with the ice walls and that they don't melt is even better.
  • 1-Graham-S wrote: »
    They were from the Christmas 2017 event, not returned so far.

Ok thanks it would’ve been good if permanent
  • It drives me nuts that Young Barney's Ice Fishing Shack can't be placed on ice tiles!
  • I'm not sure but I think we could craft them at one point. There were lots of good things we could craft. But it was complained about so much its gone.
    Unsolicited friends requests are all denied.Please PM me.
  • IIRC there were several bundles in a misery box that you could earn goes at - didn't have many sprinkles back then :(
    You'll often find me on Brooders tapped-out.co.uk
  • Willy9292 wrote: »
    I'm not sure but I think we could craft them at one point. There were lots of good things we could craft. But it was complained about so much its gone.

I seem to recall something like that, I know i wasn't able to acquire enough of them for my needs... was hoping they'd return the next year... but alas I haven't seen much of them apart from what @1-Graham-S has said, when I was also lacking in premium currency
  • frosted1414
    2578 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    You could "win" up to 80 ice tiles max
    fr5nklwv904x.png
    52676z94fqky.png
    6nn8qykly1at.png
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • @frosted1414 is that for this year as I’ve not got that option
  • Lol no that was the Christmas 2017 event as mentioned earlier
  • MrToby5
    154 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    @frosted1414
    *runs away in embarrassment*

giphy.gif

:lol:
  • Denisgarfield74
    148 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I would love to see them come back, like said before as an option like the cobblestone... would make your "winter holiday" part of your SF look nice all year 'round...
    Maybe next year 🤞
  • @MrToby5 no need for that. I put those pics mostly because it's fun to reminisce on how the game used to be.
  • I have been waiting for ice tiles and airport runway sections for a long time.
  • I put those pics mostly because it's fun to reminisce on how the game used to be.

It's great that you did, cos I'd totally forgotten about the robo-funzos, they would make a great npc giveaway along with my all time favourite: the gremlins that we had to chase all over our towns and then drop them in our friends' when they weren't looking.
    Happy days!
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I think I got about 50 Ice Tiles.
    Never really sure what to do with them???
    Couldn't remember how I got them, but it must have been blasting Robo-Funzos, I did like the mini games.

I thought they could be placed on land as well, seem to remember trying it back then.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • KLmaker wrote: »
    I think I got about 50 Ice Tiles.
    Never really sure what to do with them???
    Couldn't remember how I got them, but it must have been blasting Robo-Funzos, I did like the mini games.

I thought they could be placed on land as well, seem to remember trying it back then.

They are the same as dirt and pavement, in that they replace grass they are not placed on it. They stay "frozen" all year do make a great outdoor rink, or a place to put some of the ice buildings. They are paths through my Christmas area.