EA Forums - Banner

Rate Christmas Event: 1 to 10

Replies

• wadebear wrote: »
    HawleyBDB wrote: »
    Need help. I got the character ‘Deep Freeze’ from this event although I can’t finish his storyline as I need the ‘Snow Bank’. That isn’t in the yearbook either is it. It’s going to really bug me having that permanently in my task book without being able to get rid of it. I’ve tried storing the character but it stays in my task book... Any ideas anyone?? UGH! Would rather have not won the character!!!!! :(
    The Snow Bank is in the Holiday 2020 Mystery Box.

@wadebear

How strange I just logged on and I had a little update and when I got into the game I was given the snow bank... Did everyone get it who didn’t have it?? Strange but well happy I can finish that task now. THANK YOU EA 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
    Username: KidHawley
  • Just seen this is an update in @LPNintendoITA post! So glad we got given the bank after finishing task 5 with Deep Freeze. Having that in my task book would have driven me insane hahah!
  • When does part 2 start?
  • txrabbit3737
    1163 posts Member
    edited December 2020
  • I'll give it a 6 1/2
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • frosted1414
    2578 posts Member
    edited January 10
    Lol, you changed the title
    dbvb1y3acrqs.jpg 😜
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • I’d prob give it an 8... I really enjoyed this event actually... Picked the game back up after a couple years off last March when we first went into lockdown and this has been my fav event since. 🙌🙌
  • I thought it was pretty much par. Far from terrible but kinda forgettable.
  • I really liked this event. I thought the dialogues were great and avoided pitfalls, not easy with players from all over the world with different religious points of view. I’ve been really pleased with the prizes and the whole set up for obtaining them. Best xmas event for a while, well done writers and designers. And I love the snow.
  • Lol, you changed the title
    dbvb1y3acrqs.jpg 😜

Is this your rating?
    Make Nightmare Pile like Zombie Sandwich. All kids trick or treat at once.
  • KLmaker
    1498 posts Member
    I would give it an 8 as well.
    The dialogue hasn't been too bad with highs and lows, but my favourite bit, Santa's Wonderland obviously plus the Donuts.
    Not like previous events of course and it could have been better, but at least there is still someone in the building working here.
    I wanted to do it yesterday but I will invariably do it tomorrow (ish).
  • bluntcard wrote: »
    Lol, you changed the title
    dbvb1y3acrqs.jpg 😜

Is this your rating?

Maybe. Mostly just a drunken mid afternoon post.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa – I only accept cash, bitcoin, or GameStop stock.
  • TheRealTiminator
    416 posts Member
    edited January 11
    For me it's been the best event of the year.
    1. I scored a handful of new Christmas building skins,
    2. I actually saw a mystery box for the first time in ages and it actually had 3 items in it,
    3. Andre, one of the characters on my wishlist and I love his 4hr animated job,
    4. SNOW!

Stuff I'm not so keen on:

1.Yahweh only has 4hr tasks, so when the novelty wears off he's gonna end up hanging with all the beasts and the parade floats cos I need more donuts like fish need b o o b s.
    2.Three "drive-thru" buildings in one event, these things are not my favourite and severely restrict how creatively you can arrange stuff around them.

Obviously these are personal opinions based on where I am at in the game, but I also feel a decent amount of love and excitement (tempered with more than a few frustrations) from the community on here in general.
    I think that the devs have tried to add a few more aspects than the regular events with special daily tasks, Snowkens and building skins and these have obviously brought an extra portion of bugs & glitches with them.

On balance then I'm gonna give it a solid 9/10. It made me feel good and smile on more than one occasion, whether that was just the Christmas spirit who knows but after this past year I'll take it.
  • I’ll give this a huge

giphy.gif

I really enjoyed this event one of my faves
  • Castiel_Touk
    4467 posts Member
    edited January 11
    It was an okay event, great prizes but lost interest in the story. I'd give it 4/10
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • 8/10 it would have been 10/10 if it would have had the old format of friend visits and crafting.

However it was fun for a lot of reasons. There were some returning items I did not have or I missed in previous events:
    Elf Bart/Elf Lisa bundle, Turkey, Christmas Racoon, Tropical Island and Rigellian North Pole. Also I could buy multiple bundles and the event itself was fun.
  • Solid 9...
    Got a LOT of things I missed from previous events, and really enjoyed the fact that there was a separate mystery box for daily challenges.
    👍
  • It's a solid 8 from me!
  • It's been good. Lots of things, enough time, easy mechanics and nice daily tasks to give you donuts. Two thumbs up. Ready for the snow to go away now though!
  • I enjoyed it greatly! At least a solid 8 or even a 9.

However, today when everything ended/expired, a lot of my "usual" jobs disappeared -- Nana Sophie can't "Slap Kirk Around" anymore! There were several others that disappeared, as well -- for example, Rachel Jordan can't "Spread the Word," either. They finished doing those jobs, and then I couldn't start 'em again.

It makes me sad.