EA Forums - Banner

Last Film you watched / Up Coming Movies

Replies

• 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    kWGLPod.jpg

Thunderforce (2021). A light hearted comedy. It was alright, quite family fun except the parts where they promote alternative lifestyles
  • gix4fwnveb2k.jpeg

Has anyone seen this yet? If so is it good. I’ve only seen bits and it seems funny in parts
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • 1nmjx27skk0u.jpg

Binged this new Netflix series this weekend. It was a decent watch with a good mystery at it's core that makes you want to keep watching for answers. Some storylines and characters can become repetitive and tiresome but overall not bad for a semi quick binge.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    0SLvHhB.jpg

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021). Great monster actions. Ludicrous plot though and suddenly created a cognitive conflict on whether you are watching a story set in the present or in the future. Overall not to be missed and best watched on the big screen. I feel it was better than the last film.

One of my earliest and only Cracker magazine was King Kong. I also had my one and only Mad Magazine on Star Wars. My older brother, without my permission, threw them away when I was like 15 to create space for his own books. I was furious. Until now, this would still resurface when I have an argument with him. I think that incident created a dysfunctional hobby I had when I started working. I was collecting some star wars toys if they were on sales. I also especially liked the different designs of the troopers. I finally stopped looking at Star Wars toys after Disney made a mockery of the films.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    flm9Hmh.jpg

Stowaway (2021). A small grounded film driven by story and characters. I actually like Anna Kendrick. She looks like a very intelligent, funny actress with a beautiful smile. The great actress from the scary film Hereditary was also in the film. The Korean guy from Lost and Hawaii Five O too. Great cast. Nice watch
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    03g3Bu2.jpg

The Courier (2020). A nice spy thriller based on a true story. I like the attention to details on the production to make it look like the 1960s. Great acting too with engaging story telling.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 22
    PaGzHKb.jpg

The Walking Dead Season 10 (2019). This has been a very long season due to the Covid-19 disruption. I like the arc on the whisperers. But the last few episodes were boring for me. Due to the Covid-19, they created small simple, personal stories. I did like the one about Negan though.
    Post edited by 168sean168 on
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 12
    lpmf9wo.jpg
    Triads the Inside Story (1989). Actually the direct translation of this HK film is The Days of my life in the Triads.

This was a Cat III film back then probably for its violence. You can see the usual chaotic knife attacks and raw car action scenes expected in a triad film. But there was very little blood though.

The storyline was good. Reminded me a bit of Godfather 2 in some parts.

Chow Yun Fatt's character was also atypical compared to his usual gung-ho roles. I used to spell his name as Fatt but I noted modern Google spells it as Fat. I always thought I might be wrong but in the film, his name was indeed spelt as Fatt in the old days.

tO7dyit.jpg
    The man in the middle has real life ties to the police force and to the triads and could portray a gangster with ease. He also has good martial arts background and appeared in many Kung **** films in the older films.

The man on the right was also famous for portraying big bad villains or gangster due to his big size and a fierce, uncouth looking face. He was also in the triads in his younger days. He had passed away in 2009 from cancer.

7NthFxr.jpg
    This is another uprising star that played mostly villainous roles. He naturally has that mean looking face. I like his role in this film. In fact, I feel that he stole limelight from Chow Yun Fatt in this film.

He was very well known for his role as an evil prison guard in the film Prison on Fire, also starring Chow Yun Fatt.

One of his memorable recent role was in the film Infernal Affairs 2.

This angle was very interesting. The Chinese words at the back says believe in Jesus and achieve immortality. At this point, the character was recruiting a beaten up student on the floor into the triad.

RVC2Pty.jpg
    Robin Shou aka Liu Kang of Mortal Kombat 1995. His role was just a small gangster with little screentime.

This film, in fact, at its core, was quite educational and promote anti-triads. The latter part was rushed and chaotic though. It is a short film at 1 hr 35 mins

Nevertheless, it should be a good watch for those who like HK triad films.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    T75Xl99.jpg

The Closet (2020). A Korean horror genre. Nothing new. Typical haunted house theme and Asian style exorcism. The plot reveal is meaningful though. An average watch
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 16
    EtQRjBd.jpg

Seo Bok (2021). Supposedly a Korean thriller but not thrilling most of the times. A created teenager with abilities. A lot of slow moments exploring the meaning of life, death and immortality. Plot is also muddled. An average watch
  • sor7lm7snxoy.jpg

Another excellent season of this sci fi short film series. Sadly it's only 8 episodes so it goes by quick but each story is well crafted and really immerses you in a world within a short run time. Two horns up!
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 20
    e28rWFd.jpg

Those Who Wish Me Dead (2021). The title sounded very exciting and scary but actually the film didn't meet the expectations. It was quite half baked trying to be an action thriller and also a disaster film but didn't fully accomplish it. By the time I was warmed up, the film ended. It is still a worthwhile watch during this period without much movie choices.
  • 168sean168 wrote: »
    e28rWFd.jpg

Those Who Wished Me Dead (2021). The title sounded very exciting and scary but actually the film didn't meet the expectations. It was quite half baked trying to be an action thriller and also a disaster film but didn't fully accomplish it. By the time I was warmed up, the film ended. It is still a worthwhile watch during this period without much movie choices.

I just watched this too Sean. I enjoyed it but I think I was expecting it to be better based on how good the filmmakers(Taylor Sheridan) previous movies were.
    Fear my pointy horn!
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    @Rhinomix76 Yeah the director has a good portfolio of movies. Luckily I watched it without reading about its background. My expectations would have been higher.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    Pp8L0te.jpg

Mosul (2019). In Iraqi Arabic language, a gritty war film centred on a group of SWAT police against ****. Above average watch. Supposedly inspired by real stories.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    bOgAefy.jpg

Outside the Wire (2021) Quite entertaining. Especially with the robotic soldiers. Quite a lot of action sequences.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 22
    kA2ctag.jpg

Shadow in the Cloud (2020). I like this actress ever since I saw her as Hitgirl in Kickass. She is now a grown woman with a full motherly figure. If you are a fan of her, this film is a good treat as you would practically see her non stop.

7bhKvuN.jpg
    A set photo. A full figure Chloe.

I like this film. A fun crazy ride.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 24
    OghGHfX.jpg

SAS : Red Notice (2021). A campy action thriller. Plot is easy to understand and yet have multiple facets to it. Overall it has the potential to be a serious thriller if they change the tone and the background soundtrack. Overall an above average watch.
  • 168sean168
    3947 posts Member
    edited May 24
    V41dzG9.jpg

Wrong Turn (2021). Quite an engaging film with a good story line instead of just silly killing for no reasons action. This film is a reboot of the previous series.
  • opxkqz11v1c1.jpg

Enjoyable new film by Zack Snyder. It's a bit long but has a ton of good action and a nice change to the traditional slow, mindless zombies. Two horns up!
    Fear my pointy horn!