EA Forums - Banner

LOSING SNAKES AFTER VISITING FRIENDS GLITCH (UPDATED 2.0)

Replies

• kgoodywr95
    21 posts
    edited April 2013
    This morning I whacked all my snakes and then went to visit all of my friends to leave eggs and collect. When I got back I had lost over 50 snakes.
  • Dean1dean
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    This happened to me lost close to 50 snakes. I guess the only option is to not visit friends or delete them. What other option is there?
  • sisdog
    29 posts
    edited April 2013
    lost about 50
  • jonas_alexan
    325 posts
    edited April 2013
    Lost between 30 and 50 visiting friends. Awesome.
  • edited April 2013
    Yup, it definitely seems to be related to visiting a friend’s town, at least one that has snakes. On and off, trying to pinpoint the cause, I’ve lost over 70 snakes already since yesterday. This is indeed a horrible glitch and I’m very disinclined to visit another friend and if I lose one more snake, I’ll be dropping all my friends until the problem it’s fixed…not fun at all!!

If this not a glitch and done by design, then it's a poor, poor decision by EA. I've earned some whacked snakes by spending real-life money on donuts to buy the snake rocks (premium decoration) and now, those snakes are gone!?

Bottom line, whether glitch or not: I'm pissed and I want my snakes or my money back.
  • Scratch2331
    2 posts
    edited April 2013
    I just lost all of my snakes and am down to zero now. So much for being excited about this update.
  • monkeyman_199059
    258 posts
    edited April 2013
    I visited around 40-50 friends without a problem and then went to one and lost abut 30, tried to tap them all but every time I gained around 5 I'd gone down by about 10.

Presumed it was the Lisa quest but now I'm unsure and guess it could be a glitch.
  • jrush2point0
    91 posts
    edited April 2013
    I lost 60+, which sucks. I would like a stump or log since I have lots of trees, but if I can't rely on the snakes sticking around, forget it.
  • brenner_yes
    1156 posts
    edited April 2013
    Visiting friends is causing ppl to lose snakes? How???
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    NYWOOFR wrote:
    ..so much for all my whacking last night. :(

:wink:
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    so i noticed a drop, and figured I'd do some tracking.

I started tracking my numbers as I moved from town to town and here's what I saw...

visiting 11 friends, and had not drop of snakes.

when I entered the 12th friend, I lost 20 snakes - I went from 917 snakes and 43 eggs, to 897 snakes and 43 eggs.

So that svcked. However - I had a ton of snakes in that town. I don't have the elite license, so I should only be able to hit 5 snakes in a friends town, and that has held true for me so far. I left that town with 914 snakes and 51 eggs.

So although I lost 20 snakes when I went in, I ended up only down 3, and whacked 25 total snakes in that one town visit

I went to 3 more friends after that, and was only able to whack 5 per friend, but didn't lose anymore snakes. I'll keep tracking as I move through, and see what happens.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited April 2013
    @

It's the stealing the lemon tree all over again :roll:
  • sharon973
    48 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, happened to me. I lost 46 snakes- all I had, I just started whacking this morning- after visiting friends to give them eggs. I found 4 more snakes around, went to finish my friends list and they again were gone. Now I have 7 and I visited a couple if friends and I still have those. I'm logging in now to check again.
  • AKungFuTurkey
    40 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure if this is relevant or not but I only have my first whacking license (which is 5 snakes per friend) and in some of my friends Springfields the game lets me tap 10 sometimes 15 snakes instead of only 5. I have no idea what's going on, could someone please explain maybe?
  • deomegus
    595 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    had over 200 snakes. went and did 3 actions to all 100 neighbors. came back and had less than 100.

also, noticed that my egg count went to 0.

gotta be a glitch.
  • aliarmstrong
    15 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've lost around 30.. Didums. Its even when I shut the game down, and re open not just visiting friends. Hope it's sorted soon!
  • hokieborn
    171 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I also noticed that snakes would dissappear while I was in someone's town.

in a town, selected the whacking menu.

had 995 snakes
    Whacked 3 went up to 998
    went looking for #4 and 5
    had 990 snakes
    wacked 8 more in that town for a total of 11 whacks, and 995 snakes (got 3 eggs in that set of 8)

Got up to 1000 (finally, took a few more towns to visit)
    went to my springfield, go the notice that I got the balance beam, placed it, and only had 995 snakes.
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited April 2013
    Bump for bandwagoning
  • arran9710
    15 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Down 50 snakes! But sometimes deduct when I'm looking at the count?
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited April 2013
    Visiting friends is causing ppl to lose snakes? How???
    I think it's related to the XP syncing issues. That or there's some part of the Whacking Day metagame they're not explaining.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.