EA Forums - Banner

New log on problem-Verification codes

Replies

• johncolombo
    11515 posts Senior Moderator
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Going to try this: Finally got it working late last night. I deleted the app, downloaded it again then got to the point of the verification code. I got the email via my laptop and entered it without leaving the verification page and it worked. I also emailed ea which was a waste of time as troubleshooting tips were no help at all.

I have talked to three advisors via chat. None of them could help me so far. Still can’t log in. In the endless request a code loop.

• Belo83
    11 posts Member
    **** is going on here? this hit me mid-day and I can't play the **** game now. Do they not test this nonsense?
  • This whole thing is pretty much ****. Been playing since day 1, and this is the worst experience yet. Really surprised they haven’t figured out to fix it.
  • Probably they are not even trying to fix it..
  • Of the 3 help desk guys I talked to: one couldn’t even find my account and just sent me a link to some worthless troubleshooting drivel, one sent me a fix that didn’t work and then claimed success and logged off, and one cut and pasted the same fix, then closed chat. Amazingly bad support.
  • mjc0117
    36 posts Member
    Exactly. It’s almost like they don’t know, or more likely don’t care, that something like this has affected a ton of players. Remember this when you see anything EA. Stay away. And I will make sure all friends, family, co-workers, acquaintances, and random passers-by know this.
  • I’m scared and I really need help here! I’ve been playing since 2014 and have almost every character and building and I’m really scared I’m going to lose them! Microsoft locked my email account over 2 years ago and I’ve tried everything to get them to unlock it phoning and contacting them countless times to no avail! It always gives an error and won’t send any codes to my recovery phone number! Unfortunately for tapped out, this is the email my account is under and I have no way to receive the code it sends! Please someone from EA staff contact me! I need them to change to my new email address! I’ve spent thousands on this game in the beginning and I’m absolutely terrified right now!
  • EA_Lanna
    179 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 26
    Hi folks,

The studio has been aware of the code issue and have been looking into it. They're now working on a fix and hope to have it out as soon as possible! Also they let us know that the Foodie fight event will be extended.

We'll post in this thread on Answers HQ with an update to give you a heads up once the fix goes live. When it does, please check your game and do let us know how you are get on with it.

Thanks ,

EA_Lanna
  • I’m scared and I really need help here! I’ve been playing since 2014 and have almost every character and building and I’m really scared I’m going to lose them! Microsoft locked my email account over 2 years ago and I’ve tried everything to get them to unlock it phoning and contacting them countless times to no avail! It always gives an error and won’t send any codes to my recovery phone number! Unfortunately for tapped out, this is the email my account is under and I have no way to receive the code it sends! Please someone from EA staff contact me! I need them to change to my new email address! I’ve spent thousands on this game in the beginning and I’m absolutely terrified right now! I’ve been freaking out for hours and have been contemplating suicide all night! Please help EA!
  • 11EEvey
    2764 posts Member
    @unununium321 There are only players on this forum
    Contact EA at https://help.ea.com/en/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-tapped-out/
    on Twitter https://twitter.com/EAHelp
    M-F US Central time business hours
    add your me too on this thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Code-Issues-Can-t-log-into-the-game/m-p/10355040#M134894
    If you really were thinking of suicide over this game, you need some help. They are working on it give them some time.
    US National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
    Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish. Learn more
    800-273-8255

• Hi! I think you missed he post from EA that is in the other thread. Here is a (messy) screen cap of that response. In short, they ARE going to fix it. 😁😁😁bzrlzhtk2l9i.jpg
    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • There was an in game update, unfortunately the verification code is still there. Looks like after many years my B town is going to die. Whoever thought this up is nuts. Way to go EA, you've just lost a lot of long time players.
  • ZennGlenn
    1753 posts Member
    🛠️We just got an in game update🛠️
  • yea this temp update just extended the event by 1 week to June 9
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    There was an in game update, unfortunately the verification code is still there. Looks like after many years my B town is going to die. Whoever thought this up is nuts. Way to go EA, you've just lost a lot of long time players.

They're definitely working on getting that fixed, so hang in there if you can. Here's a screen cap of a post from them yesterday.

48najsucde4n.jpg

• annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    ZennGlenn wrote: »
    🛠️We just got an in game update🛠️

😢😢 Just went to check. It extended the ending date of this mini-event, but didn't fix the verification problem. 😕
  • cool2006
    780 posts Member
    It's happened to me this morning it's signed me out and now i cart get past the code any news when we be able to get on?
  • Nicknd84
    2982 posts Member
    cool2006 wrote: »
    It's happened to me this morning it's signed me out and now i cart get past the code any news when we be able to get on?
    No news as the message from that screenshot says they’re working on a fix and hope to get it sorted as quick as they can and when it goes live they’ll let you know.
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • update the game and you'll be. read my post
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord