EA Forums - Banner

New log on problem-Verification codes

Replies

• Did the new update. Still no code. It's not in trash or spam. Used both an Android and an iphone. Neither one would send the code to my yahoo account.
  • Did the new update. Still no code. It's not in trash or spam. Used both an Android and an iphone. Neither one would send the code to my yahoo account.

I get a code, then I am told a confirmation email will be sent, and that never arrives.

EA is trash.
  • mjc0117 wrote: »
    Did the new update. Still no code. It's not in trash or spam. Used both an Android and an iphone. Neither one would send the code to my yahoo account.

I get a code, then I am told a confirmation email will be sent, and that never arrives.

EA is trash.

use that code?
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Yesterday I received the dreaded code message ! With a feeling of fear I typed the requested information and waited anxiously for my code . To my surprise it immediately arrived in my email box. I typed it in and miraculously it was all right ! What a relief ! Hopefully this is an encouragement to all players that things don’t always go wrong . But my heart goes out to anyone who’s in trouble.
  • I still cannot log in on any apple products, but I was able to log in using BlueStacks on my PC today. I continue to get the same error message on my ipad and phone. Regarding the email code, I found it in the 'Updates' folder under 'Categories' in my gmail account. Hope this helps a little. BlueStacks is not really an everyday option for me. Consistent 9 year player upset with EA's response...signing off.
  • that thing you use is not to be talked in the official forum just so you know it's one of the rules as it's not a supported media to use it on
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • Thanks for the heads up. I didn’t know. I don’t ever use that platform unless trying to trouble shoot on my own after no responses from EA. I guess if I get the boot, it was meant to be.
  • mjc0117
    36 posts Member
    joe444 wrote: »
    simpsonare wrote: »
    1MikeyM wrote: »
    Was in the same boat but then realised Google isn't case sensitive but EA is. I had my address as GMail and I couldn't get on till I changed it to gmail.
    This change has probably come about to try to thwart hacking groups so we'll have to live with it.

I was thinking the same thing. /freedonuts is no longer active

Couple people I know who can no longer access their games also confirmed w/ EA this is an attempt to limit/stop cheating (swap login info so another can add illegally obtained content). So I guess we can all thank those wonderful people over at that subReddit (& FB) for killing the game for those who no longer have access to their original emails. I still don't understand why people would publicly and openly break the law - do they think because it's digital that it's no big deal or something? Or because they are online their info can't be found out to pursue legally? Still never understood why EA doesn't ask Reddit (and FB) for their IP/ISP info and go after the people who are openly stealing their digital product(s). Perhaps those who lost their games should pursue a class action lawsuit or at the very least initiate chargebacks for any donuts / other items purchased.

Yes, people suck. But EA could have informed and tested this all out before implementing an obviously flawed system.

Again, my wife’s city, played since 2012, gone without warning due to a defunct email. My city, also since 2012, gone as my verification code leads to a notice that a confirmation email is being sent and that email never arrives. Request new code, enter code, and again I’m told a confirmation email will be sent that never arrives.

The cheaters do suck, but not nearly as much as EA does in all of this.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    I had to get another verification code on my iPad today, so I thought I'd pass along the email address it came from:
    reply-febc177871610274-25_HTML-978100684-7229410-1765521 at e.ea.com
    So maybe you people who aren't getting the emails could put in a filter that automatically approves anything from e.ea.com
    And while I'm passing along advice: Always check for wasp nests when working outside. 12+ stings and I had to go to the doctor because of the swelling. And they still itch like crazy.
  • Did you resolve the problem because I have same issue
  • Nicknd84
    2982 posts Member
    If you mean the verification issue EA are still working on it. Once they do everyone will know so keep your eyes on here
    My friend list is full

Live life to the full

Love you Davo Rest in paradise
  • Is anyone else still getting problems loggin - security code etc? If anyone knows how to resolve this can you let’s us know?
  • haroldthompson15
    7 posts Member
    edited June 21
    This is being looked at by EA who are trying to do a fix for this. Please don’t make multiple threads on the issue. Just read the forum.

Here is a thread that might help.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/271917/new-log-on-problem-verification-codes[/url\
  • Really fed up trying to log in numerous times!!
  • 11EEvey
    2743 posts Member
    I would say that it is the hackers that charge money for their service that finally tipped EA over the edge to do something about it. EA has left the reddit alone because they don't charge. They have always pursued those that charge money.
    Unfortunately class action lawsuit is out the running because everyone agreed to the Terms of Service that specifies you cannot do that. You could try arbitration though, but I bet there is a clause that you agreed to keep your account info current.
    Yes EA should have gave more notice and in the game too, but everyone needs to realize that their dead email is their responsibility, even if you were a child when you made the account.
    Contact EA directly and give them information from your account. Log in to ea.com and see what they have. If they ask for credit card info and you never gave them any, tell them None On File. Match the answers on file. If that rep won't accept your info, try again to get a better rep. Try during US Central Time Business hours. Try them on Twitter.
  • 11EEvey
    2743 posts Member
    EA has know about the reddit group for years. It is the proliferation of people charging money since the pandemic started that has caused this. I would rather people get if for free than pay some hacker. If they spend money it should go to ea. But you win I guess
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    EA has know about the reddit group for years. It is the proliferation of people charging money since the pandemic started that has caused this. I would rather people get if for free than pay some hacker. If they spend money it should go to ea. But you win I guess

Those who spend a little bit of money on the game illicitly are not going to be paying EA prices for a mobile game whatever happens. It's better taking the money out of those hackers hands by directing them where you are.
    Some people who do spend money on the game to keep it going and for the love of it have been locked out of their games.
    Not really been a stellar move by EA.
  • 1MikeyM
    391 posts Member
    joe444 wrote: »
    I would say that it is the hackers that charge money for their service that finally tipped EA over the edge to do something about it. EA has left the reddit alone because they don't charge. They have always pursued those that charge money.
    Unfortunately class action lawsuit is out the running because everyone agreed to the Terms of Service that specifies you cannot do that. You could try arbitration though, but I bet there is a clause that you agreed to keep your account info current.
    Yes EA should have gave more notice and in the game too, but everyone needs to realize that their dead email is their responsibility, even if you were a child when you made the account.
    Contact EA directly and give them information from your account. Log in to ea.com and see what they have. If they ask for credit card info and you never gave them any, tell them None On File. Match the answers on file. If that rep won't accept your info, try again to get a better rep. Try during US Central Time Business hours. Try them on Twitter.

No surprise here given you continually endorse and promote /freedonuts on the other site. Theft is theft, nothing to do with whether someone charges for it or not. Both groups are knowingly stealing a pay-for-digital product. I guess some assume it’s ok because they don’t charge to steal product. Or maybe because it’s digital so therefore it’s all good.

It's a difficult one. Complete minefield. I pay cash for items in the game. I know Ellie does too. I also know that a lot of people play this game and don't pay anything. Should I be aggrieved at them too? Am I subsiding them? There has already been more than normal cash for character/buildings this year. Is this a reaction to everything? I don't think it's as black and white as painted. When EA is charging £50 for Thanksgiving specials what exactly do they think is going to happen?
    All that we can do is make the choices we're comfortable dealing with. If that is steering people(who would not pay) away from people that would exploit the situation for their own gain then I'm not going to say that's wrong.
  • wadebear
    4183 posts Member
    I have put more money than I could really afford to into this game - both buying donuts and hardware to play it on (5 games now and recycling old tablets that are about to fail).
    But there's nothing wrong about grinding for donuts. The ability to produce donuts - even in the large quantities I'm capable of - are an inducement to keep people playing. The more people who play this game the longer it lives.
    "Yeah, my friend KEM farms for donuts and I could too, but it's too much trouble so I just buy them."
    Meanwhile... EA really plucked up not giving everyone a heads up about this. They could have even made it one of the mini-events with a story line about losing services because of lapsed email addresses.