EA Forums - Banner

Error Processing Login - cannot use new EA account with prev Anonymous game

DiggrB14
2 posts New member
Hi - I have been playing TSTO for a year or so as an anonymous account - just click the screen and go straight in. I now want to connect my newly created EA account so I can either switch to a different device or just not lose my game data if the current device gets wiped. When I login using my EA account (and go through the verification ID), I then get an error message saying "error processing login. Please Try again". EA keeps telling me there is something wrong with my email/password but that cant be the case because I can get the verification ID and login to EA website (ie this forum).

Anyone able to help??

cheers

Replies

• 11EEvey
    2641 posts Member
    usually the work-around for this is to uninstall change your password and reinstall do not play while downloading, but I don't know if that is wise since it is a new account
    did you make the account through the game or at ea? I think it works better if you make it through the game instead of trying to connect one. Just make sure to use an email you will not lose access to.
  • DiggrB14
    2 posts New member
    I cant uninstall because then I will lose the game data. Yes I did make it through EA itself. In hindsight I should have made it through the game but that really shouldnt be the solution..... it should link properly regardless. thanks for your insight.
  • 11EEvey
    2641 posts Member
    you can always make a new one through the game just use a different email
  • DiggrB14
    2 posts New member
    SOLVED - ok... for anyone else with the same problem in the future. @1EllieG7294 pushed me in the right direction. I went back and 'signed up' through the game with the same email as my existing EA account, even though it was already created. So instead of logging in, I selected Sign Up through the game. It asked me for the email address (i used the already registered EA one) and my age. It then said it was done. I logged in again using my EA account (sign in) and this time it worked.
  • 11EEvey
    2641 posts Member
    yay!!