EA Forums - Banner

Resolved (thanks): Can i get a quick opinion on this design?

4junk3000
5552 posts Member
edited August 11
2nd update: I've chosen design D, which can be seen in my last post at the end.

UPDATED:
I came up with a third design, so please choose A, B, or C.

Thank you very much for your input. Sometimes trivial decisions like this will paralyze my thought process for hours.

A) disqualified
B.) jccc216pdg7w.png
C) n0i5my6mtliy.png

Thanks for your help!!!
Post edited by 4junk3000 on
"You're the most negative person I've ever seen on here. Constantly."

Replies

• Right
  • I'd say right. :)
    TOUK is the best also have you considered Nuking. Don't forget about the Springfield Showcase
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    Thanks! I think so too.
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    Well as usual, i came up with yet another variation. So I'm going to redo the post as A, B, or C. iwhrwpwv5sti.png
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    It wasn't easy getting those bushes to look like they follow the curve of the wall, because technically the wall isn't curved as it appears. This design has a very high item count, with very low revenue, and no tasks. But I've been saving those 3 buildings since the day we got them, to build a little ritzy 'hood like this, so here it is.

I'm trying to load up this area just outside SH with higher income housing, and trying to manipulate the 3-D techniques to make this terrain appear more hilly and less flat.
  • C. I think.
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    A is OUT. But I'm still undecided about B or C. Should they be single, or multi- family homes???
  • Can’t say I see a difference between B and C, same buildings. However..!!! Gotta say, what you did with the bushes is brilliant! They totally look like they’re weaving with the wall. Nice work!!

I used to have you as a friend but seem to have misplaced you. So more pics would be welcomed ;) I still haven’t been able to post pics so…I’m still lame ;) 😆
    Nothing as loud as the silentmiaow.
  • 4junk3000
    5552 posts Member
    Thank you! You (and anyone else) are welcome to send me a friend req, if you remember to next time yur logged in. I always add new friends, and occasionally drop some if I see they havent logged in for longer than a week. I try to support ppl who play every day and design a nice town too so I can borrow your ideas! :)

The main diff in design B or C is the orientation of the building, which also changes whether it appears to be a large single family home w backyard, or a multi-family townhome w small parking lots. I have decided i am going w the larger single family method.
  • C. The front of each building shouldn’t be facing the back of the other IMO.
  • jofre_nash
    1179 posts Member
    edited August 7
    I don't know if you have decided. But I also vote for C, it looks more aesthetic. Specifically, the parking area per building look better in C than B.
  • Thank you all so much!

I just now had another look at this townhouse 'hood in my SF, and I almost changed it back to B! I came here to see what you folks thought, and most seem to prefer C.

My main hangup is whether these are too large to be single family homes. Are they 3 apts, one per floor? Do they then need multi family pkg lots, rather than driveways?

Im stll unsure, but im going to leave it as C for now. Thanks for the support. Simple decisions always fluster me lol
  • Google: French buildings in Paris, typical old style architecture
    Most of these are apartment buildings (condos) where more than one person lives there.
    Most of the time they are side-by-side with no gap (buildings touching).
    I’m sure you could gain some inspiration by looking at some pics if you are trying to follow a more realistic approach. Good luck!
  • Google: French buildings in Paris, typical old style architecture
    Most of these are apartment buildings (condos) where more than one person lives there.

This is what i was thinking too, so i added a building and made a new design based on your input. The pavement spacing didn't quite line up with the rear doors when directly touching each other, so i spaced them like this. What do you think?

This will be my final design, I'm very happy with this now. Thanks, everyone, for your input here!
    qjkloj48gy4m.png
  • Looks great! Well done.
  • I found an extra one of these buildings and added it as a fifth unit at the very end of the street. 5x3= 15 apartments, which should justify four tennis courts. Everyone's playing tennis in my SF this year! 😄