EA Forums - Banner

Verification code is not working

Replies

• pvnksdad
    1 posts New member
    Have played this game on and off for 9 years, cannot believe how badly EA have messed up this time.
    I have tried typing in the code from my main device swapping to email, I have tried typing in the code from another device staying on the log in page. Both failed.
  • I have the same issue and its lasted for 4 weeks I have contacted ea they say they are trying to fix this but no luke ,its been weeks
  • lipper80
    2 posts New member
    Any luck? I still can't log in?
  • Same here, can‘t logon due to missing verification code :-(
  • EA customer service told me thy‘ve got problems with these codes (2 days ago) but nothing happened yet.
  • I recommend to send an e-mail to [email protected] - maybe if enough customer complain something happens… I can‘t stand how bad ea manage their platform.
  • robertcass
    3 posts New member
    Hi everyone, this isn't a new issue i haven't received verification codes from EA for about 3 years for things like changing email addresses etc.. and it was reported at the time. The issue just got extended to simpsons tapped out with a recent update. If they've not fixed it in 3 years, chances are it will never get fixed.
  • Thaïs situation si ridiculous, to log in in ordre to write this message I had 4 options to receive the code, my main email (username) a secondary email and my phone (text and call). But to log in the game, the only option alter more than 2 months of waiting is still only the main email and I don’t get codes on that email. I suspect because that email has not been validated. I have 2 other accounts and I get codes, no problems. When I asked for support I got help to add add ways to get codes to log here but not to validate my main email. EA has no respect for us, they could at least put back the old login procudure until they fix that bug!
  • My database experience tells me that the users that have verified their email address with EA tech support but still don’t receive a verification code email during login, likely table that contains the user data (i.e. the email address) for their record is corrupted an needs to be rebuilt)

It can be time consuming to do this correctly so I can understand that they might be reluctant, but they aren’t getting any closer to resolving the problem with THRIE methodology (MORE THAN TWO MONTHS?!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!)

• 11EEvey
    2642 posts Member
    If you get the code is not valid error, make sure you have 4-6 gbs free space, uninstall the app, reset your password at ea.com, reboot your device, then reinstall the app. Do not play while downloading.
  • Is it verified that your workarround works - btw is this the official bug-fix from EA to solve the problem (which still exists)?

> @1EllieG7294 said:
    > If you get the code is not valid error, make sure you have 4-6 gbs free space, uninstall the app, reset your password at ea.com, reboot your device, then reinstall the app. Do not play while downloading.
  • 11EEvey
    2642 posts Member
    @bouvier68 it works for codes the app says are wrong or the error occurred during login issues. Verified by a couple users but is not an official fix
  • techsans
    2 posts New member
    no matter how many emails I add as alternate and switch back and forth do I ever get the code to the primary and verified email. If I try and make any change on EA profile and select the verified primary email I never get the code, if I select the alternate email or my phone # I do get the code. So if I change the primary to the alternate email I don't get codes after the change to the new primary but do start getting codes to the new alternate email. Problem is the Simpsons game you cannot sign in with the alternate email only the EA primary (which never gets a damn code) - almost 3 months now this is beyond stupid. Class action lawsuit to recover real world money spent on this game??
  • 11EEvey
    2642 posts Member
    @techsans
    Whitelisting the ea email address and clearing the blocked senders list worked for some people. Worth a try.
  • pattack99
    2 posts New member
    Same issue here, tried all the methods already mentioned. Changed my EA email to a new address and still no email, its not arriving because its not being sent.

I am also unable to receive any verification email from within my EA account so I guess that the issue is not with the game but with EAs own global verification system.

The obvious quick solution would be to provide support with the ability to send the verification email to us as any emails they send come straight through but I guess that would need a mayhem ID which people dont know they need (or even exists) until they cant get in the game to retrieve it.

The solution I was provided with by support was to come to the forum and complain as they are also fed up with the amount of people asking them the same thing. They did also add that a fix had been put in place but if it ever was its clearly not working.

A reply from EA would be nice so we can see a transparent method of how they plan to fix this. Its not much to ask.
  • tony
    9 posts New member
    > @techsans said:
    > no matter how many emails I add as alternate and switch back and forth do I ever get the code to the primary and verified email. If I try and make any change on EA profile and select the verified primary email I never get the code, if I select the alternate email or my phone # I do get the code. So if I change the primary to the alternate email I don't get codes after the change to the new primary but do start getting codes to the new alternate email. Problem is the Simpsons game you cannot sign in with the alternate email only the EA primary (which never gets a damn code) - almost 3 months now this is beyond stupid. Class action lawsuit to recover real world money spent on this game??

same problem for me.. never get a code to my primary email but the secondary one i get easily... dont make any sense other than a big glitch in their system
  • techsans
    2 posts New member
    made 7 separate attempts yesterday with 7 different EA reps to have them move my Springfield. All 7 said this was impossible to do.

This is not a Simpsons Game issue - It is an EA account issue. I have changed my primary EA email 8 times and every time I get the first email from EA profile to confirm the new email is me. After that first email if i try and make any other change on my EA profile and it wants to send a code (or sign into my EA profile and choose the primary email to send code) ..I NEVER get the code, I can only make a change to my EA profile or sign in to my EA profile by sending the code to my cell #.

If EA would fix their EA problem, the Simpsons game would naturally resolve
  • tony
    9 posts New member
    its clearly a problem with Primary emails linked to users accounts never receiving the code to actually get into the game.

our secondary code will get the magic code .. but no as soon as you flip that to the primary one its never getting a code again... so its not our emails being faulty EA Help

Yes we will get a code to change our email back n forth or any replies from ea help etc , just never the elusive game verification code to restore our game to its previous level before all this was dumped on us.

i'll play from level 1 just in the vain hope one day its fixed but wont ever be buying any donuts from EA agai
  • As many others, have this issue too.
    Tried all of the suggested fixes, even deleting the app, reset my password on the EA Website, downloaded the app, let the updates install, and still get the incorrect code message.
    Kinda give up now, doesn’t seem like a fix will be coming out any time soon!!