EA Forums - Banner

Those that have lost their towns - how do you feel?

We all know that the new email verification that EA has implemented has caused a lot of long term players to now not be able to access their town, many who have been playing since the games commencement in 2012.

Whether it is defunct email addresses (like in my case) or login codes that are not sent or don’t work, many towns that have had years and years of work and real money spent on them have now been lost.

I know that many long term players that are now locked out of the game still read this forum (as I do) - and after cursing that ‘why does the login to post in this forum work no worries, but the exact same login account to open the game asks for a damn code that’s impossible to retrieve’ - I ask, how are you coping now that your town is lost?

For many, many years the thought of me losing my town was unthinkable - all that daily tapping and hard design work through the years, and real money spent on donuts - I actually thought that if game was taken away from me it would be unimaginable how angry and withdrawn I would be.

Well, now it’s happened - I am ANGRY - but surprisingly not as withdrawn as I thought I would be. As mentioned in other threads, my phone battery is lasting much longer, I’m interacting with people around me more without feeling the need to constantly check on my Springfield - and I have the realisation that life goes on - just as it did before tapped out appeared in the App Store back in 2012.

I’ve spent a few hundred dollars on the game over the years, and on average about 2 hours per day on the game when I could access it - it was somewhat therapeutic to tap through Springfield after a long day at work, but at times I guess it did become a chore.

For those that are still on this forum but have lost their towns - tell me - how do you feel about it? Is it better or worse than imagined? Remember- you are NOT ALONE ON THIS!

Replies

• 5g7m55.jpg

It was good while it lasted!
  • I feel like i should avoid games made by EA on all my console and portable devices as well as my phone.

They wont be getting any money from me at all until they fix this problem. If its never then its never.
  • Same thing happened to me. I’m gutted but surprisingly okay. More irritated than upset. I’ve tried to retrieve it but EA are having none of it. The email I used for it has long gone, I’ve tried to get that back but to no avail. EA don’t believe that my account is mine. Which is laughable. It’s possible I input my DOB wrong but it’s hidden in my EA account so I can’t see what it is. Why is personal information hidden on an account that you have to log into?? Where’s the logic in that?
    I’m not starting the game all over again. Perish the thought!! So they either fix this or they’ve lost my custom on any of their games. Their choice.
  • I wonder, with towns that are now inactive because of players like us that can no longer log in, will they ever be permanently deleted by EA if a certain timeframe elapses without the town being logged into? That would have to border on being illegal wouldn’t it it, especially considering real money has been spent through these accounts?
    Ah EA, this new login procedure you have now implemented was a master stroke - NOT! 🤣
  • gocatters wrote: »
    I wonder, with towns that are now inactive because of players like us that can no longer log in, will they ever be permanently deleted by EA if a certain timeframe elapses without the town being logged into? That would have to border on being illegal wouldn’t it it, especially considering real money has been spent through these accounts?
    Ah EA, this new login procedure you have now implemented was a master stroke - NOT! 🤣

I took a break from the game for around 2 years (after being hit by the 'Glitch' for the third time and never logged in and my game was still there when I returned so if they do delete then it's in excess of a 2 year time frame.

• Gutted. And angry at EA to the extent that I will never give them a single penny ever again. No EA games, nothing.
    I had a lovely town I was really proud of, and a lot more that I wanted to do. I have deleted the app and this will probably be for good. There's only so many hundreds of times I can try to log in, in all kinds of different ways, before I just give it up.
    Its frustrating. I've been a loyal customer, I've defended EA when others were criticising them, I've paid real money and I've been playing this game for eight years, and I loved it. But EA are one of the nastiest, most uncaring companies in the world, and I've known that for a long while now.

I consider this to be stealing, as I've put money into this game that they now won't let me access. What frustrates me the most, is EA insisting that they're working on a 'fix'. Because they aren't. I'm pretty sure they're lying. If they were working on a fix, surely they would have told us five weeks in, when loads of us have missed an entire event, what progress they've made.

Even if it was just a 'we're finding it difficult to fix this, and might not be able to. We won't have a fix for a long while,' or something like that, it would have completely settled me. It would have completely calmed me. I'd be able to say 'nothing more I can do, they're trying.' But they won't even give us even a small message saying what progress they've made. But no. I don't believe they're working on a fix in the first place, otherwise we would surely have gotten something. I think they're lying.

They haven't even given us an explanation for the new system and changes in their service, which really companies should be obligated to by laws governing online sales and whatnot. Certainly its a question of morals, too. I even responded to their survey in response to customer service, and have I gotten even an automated message? No. They're not listening, and that's what upsets me the most. Eight years of playing, and they just. Don't. Care.

If I ever get back into the game, which is unlikely as I've deleted the app and probably won't go back even if they fix the issue, I'll just spruce it up a little, take one of the panoramic photos of the town, and then delete it again. I can't be dealing with this, especially with all the much bigger stresses in my life at the moment (which are not exactly few in number.)

Its nice to be reminded that we're not alone in having lost our games.
  • nhr115
    2 posts New member
    Angry that it happened with no prior warning & totally p*ssed off that they've done nothing to rectify the issue!

Been playing for 9 1/2 years, spent money on the game, played pretty much every day & that's it, 2 fingers from EA!
  • I’m doing better than I thought, but am totally disappointed. I get how it’s not their problem if the email addresses weren’t updated but there’s so many veteran players affected by this situation and they don’t seem to care. Why is it when you can sign into your EA account with user name and password but any changes you need to make require a code to be sent. The whole situation is absurd and beyond ridiculous. I’ve moved on. They can take their game and put it where the sun don’t shine!
  • erok311
    1 posts New member
    Yeah, totally sucks. But, it is what it is. Probably 6/7 years on my idyllic Springfield just to find this morning that I'm no longer gonna journey back. I'm in the "e-mail outdated for several years" group.
  • If they made a system where you could update to your new email without needing access to your old one, the problem would be solved. Surely that would be possible?
  • frogger53 wrote: »
    I’m doing better than I thought, but am totally disappointed. I get how it’s not their problem if the email addresses weren’t updated but there’s so many veteran players affected by this situation and they don’t seem to care. Why is it when you can sign into your EA account with user name and password but any changes you need to make require a code to be sent. The whole situation is absurd and beyond ridiculous. I’ve moved on. They can take their game and put it where the sun don’t shine!

All very true here.

My email address that I used was working fine and it still doesn't work for me. I managed to change it to a new email address, and it still doesn't work. So even if your email address was current it doesn't work!
  • I think they should hire coders that can FIX the game that THIS team broke.
  • I feel like i should avoid games made by EA on all my console and portable devices as well as my phone.

They wont be getting any money from me at all until they fix this problem. If its never then its never.

Never forget what trash EA is. Don’t ever give them a dime. And do all you can to ensure that no friend, family member, coworker, acquaintance, or random passer-by ever gives them a dime.