EA Forums - Banner

Left out of the Wacking Day

Has Homer finished his task?

Replies

  • AKungFuTurkey
    40 posts
    edited April 2013
    Has Homer finished his task?

    My guess is no.
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    Has Homer finished his task?

    My guess is no.

    That's mine too!
  • 10011137
    36 posts
    edited April 2013
    Same thing for me, except I don't even get the Homer task.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    Has Homer finished his task?

    My guess is no.

    That's mine too!
    People conplaining before they've even checked, there's even been topics about this before. Don't complain when you're not even trying to complete the initial tasks.
  • VioletteMe
    5 posts
    edited April 2013
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to just wait for him to finish his task to participate in the rest of the event - didn't know that's how this one worked and its a 24 hour task so seems to take forever.

    Btw, how do you know if you go over the new 3000 item limit?
  • VxMarmitex9
    956 posts
    edited April 2013
    VioletteMe wrote:
    Thanks guys. I guess I need to just wait for him to finish his task to participate in the rest of the event - didn't know that's how this one worked and its a 24 hour task so seems to take forever.

    Btw, how do you know if you go over the new 3000 item limit?

    A window pops up telling you.
  • VioletteMe
    5 posts
    edited April 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Has Homer finished his task?

    My guess is no.

    That's mine too!
    People conplaining before they've even checked, there's even been topics about this before. Don't complain when you're not even trying to complete the initial tasks.

    I am trying to complete the initial tasks - 6 hours left out of 24 hour task. I read 5 different threads on this forum before posting the question.

    Maybe don't assume all of us can spend all day on the message boards or that a question is the same as a complaint.

    I was just asking for a solution since I couldn't find it otherwise.
  • ThomasK323
    548 posts
    edited April 2013
    You can read this FAQ for all your TSTO questions including all Wacking Day information.

    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9043283.page
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    VioletteMe wrote:
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Has Homer finished his task?

    My guess is no.

    That's mine too!
    People conplaining before they've even checked, there's even been topics about this before. Don't complain when you're not even trying to complete the initial tasks.

    I am trying to complete the initial tasks - 6 hours left out of 24 hour task. I read 5 different threads on this forum before posting the question.

    Maybe don't assume all of us can spend all day on the message boards or that a question is the same as a complaint.

    I was just asking for a solution since I couldn't find it otherwise.
    There is a search bar...
    And even if there wasn't I'd imagine it was common sense that if your game gives you an update and starts a task tht links to said update and nothing else- perhaps the task leads to the new ones
    Maybe in being harsh, in which case I apologise
  • splatomat
    81 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, the game shouldn't really rely on people going to the MB and reading someone else's thorough description.

    Other events have had a splash screen explaining how they work (Valentine's, Christmas, Halloween, etc). This one really should have had one too.

    Or...maybe not gated it behind 24 hour tasks. But c'est la vie.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    splatomat wrote:
    Yeah, the game shouldn't really rely on people going to the MB and reading someone else's thorough description.

    Other events have had a splash screen explaining how they work (Valentine's, Christmas, Halloween, etc). This one really should have had one too.

    Or...maybe not gated it behind 24 hour tasks. But c'est la vie.

    Oh you do get a splash screen explaining it, but not until Homer and Lisa have finished their tasks! Crazy.
  • splatomat
    81 posts
    edited April 2013
    splatomat wrote:
    Yeah, the game shouldn't really rely on people going to the MB and reading someone else's thorough description.

    Other events have had a splash screen explaining how they work (Valentine's, Christmas, Halloween, etc). This one really should have had one too.

    Or...maybe not gated it behind 24 hour tasks. But c'est la vie.

    Oh you do get a splash screen explaining it, but not until Homer and Lisa have finished their tasks! Crazy.

    I'm still 3 hours away from that. If I didn't read the MB and didn't really understand this was a month long event, I might not have prioritized sending homer and lisa on those tasks, especially if they were already on other tasks (which they were - mine were stuck in the simpsons house, which can't be lifted into the inventory). No other event I've played has been gated behind a quest like this. They usually just...start.

    If you're super knowledgeable about the game and you read the MB, you don't need a splash screen explaining things. Someone else will have explained it to you already. If you aren't super knowledgeable and don't read the MB, this is a bad start to an event.

    If people are being confused (they clearly are) and their confusion is keeping them from reaching an area where they can spend money on your premium items? Yeah, that's a problem (from a marketing standpoint).


This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.