EA Forums - Banner

You have to see this ~ My game is completely ruined

Prev13
I have been playing TSTO since 2012 when it was first released. Earlier this week, EA pushed through the new land upgrade which proved to be a complete disaster. I literally have no words for how badly this upgrade destroyed my town. The scope of the damage is beyond measure.

Have a look for yourselves....

drukPzL.jpg

NxOKnHr.jpg

FEq5rfL.png

You got a great looking town~168sean... Checked out your town, WOW! ~daved

Replies

• Oh no! The ‘new’ land has been placed over the ‘old’ land? I’d expect this’d be patchable, I hope so for your sake!
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    Oh no! The ‘new’ land has been placed over the ‘old’ land? I’d expect this’d be patchable, I hope so for your sake!

I don't even have a clue where to start with this. The water-way was placed quite far from where it should have been. The "shack" is inside another building...

GSPSqgs.jpg
  • Hi Jonalinn , I’m sorry to see this. Hope the guys at EA can sort it out for you.
  • You hacked your account. Should have moved everything before the update started.
    You can use the group move tool and turn off decorations so it only moves the buildings and leaves the new items.
    You can group store and then only place back the new stuff.

LoL maybe hang around the forum a while before commenting.
  • o god that's a NIGHTMARE
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • KeithEl777 wrote: »
    Hi Jonalinn , I’m sorry to see this. Hope the guys at EA can sort it out for you.

@KeithEl777, how are you my friend? Isn't this something? I'm wondering if my game got corrupted somehow? I saw this and thought.. what on earth? lol!
  • o god that's a NIGHTMARE

@LPNintendoITA, I recently loaded this game on a new iPad Mini 6... but I doubt that would have caused something like this? The rest of the game seems to play fine with the narrative boxes coming up as they should. The additional land is unlocking as it should. What fun, right? lol!

• I am quite surprised it isn't possible to move the canyon.

• Yikes! what a mess. Is it worth removing the game & re-downloading. I had to do this a few years ago….it takes hours to complete,so perhaps overnight so you’re not tempted to check how it’s going😆
  • I am quite surprised it isn't possible to move the canyon.

Yes! I was hoping I could do exactly that! But, sadly, it won’t let me.
  • niahunt wrote: »
    Yikes! what a mess. Is it worth removing the game & re-downloading. I had to do this a few years ago….it takes hours to complete,so perhaps overnight so you’re not tempted to check how it’s going😆

Great minds @niahunt! I did try that, but no luck. I’m wondering if they do another update on their side if it might correct itself (?)
  • Where did they place the canyon in your game? Mine is at the border of where the original Heights land ended, and luckily it was right at the edge of my construction.

What you could do is use the edit screen to hide everything you don't want to pick up then go through collecting the trees, buffalo and donut veins then either store or move to empty land elsewhere. At least that way you wouldn't miss out on the donuts and would have clear land to play with...

...the canyon itself is another story. If it is close to a natural break in your design, maybe you could move the design across once the rest of the land is unlocked? Then build within the borders so it isn't an inconvenience.

Otherwise no idea. Although I'd guess that using the group storage to save everything then nuking would/might reset the game to the correct position. Drastic solution though. No option is quick or easy with this.
  • You hacked your account. Should have moved everything before the update started.
    You can use the group move tool and turn off decorations so it only moves the buildings and leaves the new items.

I've been around for while.
  • lucienleon519
    1331 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    :| .....
  • Is it possible that you had a plot in SH that was not purchased?
    The new land might have "seen" that as the place to start.
  • Where is the waterfall in relation to the far left edge mountains?
  • You should contact EA to get this fixed immediately
  • Where did they place the canyon in your game? Mine is at the border of where the original Heights land ended, and luckily it was right at the edge of my construction.

What you could do is use the edit screen to hide everything you don't want to pick up then go through collecting the trees, buffalo and donut veins then either store or move to empty land elsewhere. At least that way you wouldn't miss out on the donuts and would have clear land to play with...

...the canyon itself is another story. If it is close to a natural break in your design, maybe you could move the design across once the rest of the land is unlocked? Then build within the borders so it isn't an inconvenience.

Otherwise no idea. Although I'd guess that using the group storage to save everything then nuking would/might reset the game to the correct position. Drastic solution though. No option is quick or easy with this.

It seems to be relatively in the center (?) I spent some time this morning storing donut veins and buffalos. I'm not even sure.. do I need them in the game? Should I find a way to put them back in?
  • Jonalinn
    1806 posts Member
    edited November 2021
    You hacked your account. Should have moved everything before the update started.

I've been around for while.

@amfstone904 While I didn't do anything to my game, I do appreciate you trying to help me fix it.
    Post edited by Jonalinn on
  • willp_70 wrote: »
    Is it possible that you had a plot in SH that was not purchased?
    The new land might have "seen" that as the place to start.

Very interesting! I don't believe so though.