EA Forums - Banner

LOSING SNAKES AFTER VISITING FRIENDS GLITCH (UPDATED 2.0)

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    There has to be a way around this! Something we are missing or doing wrong.

I took a screen shot of my snake count before visiting friends (I'm not posting it because people gotta comment on money/donuts and noneya business lol) .... anyways..... I visited 20 friends and netted 20 snakes.

20 snakes!

For an hour worth of work, I whacked 5 snakes in each town but I could see the total bouncing all over the place.

So between the ratio of eggs to snake and the disappearing snakes? I just wasted an hour of my time.

I hope somebody figures this out and soon because I really want to whack snakes in my friends town and not be out so many snakes.

(I should have had 100 snakes but given the fact that some produce eggs then I could have expected at least 75....instead I seem to have lost over 50 snakes. Also, sometimes I would whack a snake and it was like the 3rd one or something and the total did not change. The snake was not added to the total anywhere).
  • johncolombo
    11570 posts Senior Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I am losing snakes too and in odd amounts, not 5 's and 10's. Just lost 7
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • Allbury86
    26 posts
    edited April 2013
    I keep losing snakes too its rather annoying
  • outOfArray
    4 posts
    edited April 2013
    I have also lost about 50 snakes after dropping off eggs in my friends' towns. :(
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    wooohooo!

I just visited 20 more friends and didn't lose a single snake.

So, I was reading through the posts here and something struck me as repeat theme. "I whacked snakes, I placed eggs, I clicked on buildings."

I decided to visit some more friends and not click any buildings. I took a screenshot before going into the towns and after, didn't lose anything!

Somebody else try it, we need some more tests run.

I also did not place any eggs. Is there some glitch where you can only do one thing? People are talking about losing XP's so maybe....?
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I lose 5 snakes every time I visit this certain neighbor of mine. I tested it three times going in and out of their town three times and my count dropped 5 snakes each visit. In the end after searching for snakes I could only recover 8 of the 15 lost. I think one or two could have turned into eggs, I can't remember.
  • anboy66
    23 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've had 473 snakes. I then went to visit ALL of my friends. Since I have the license, I could whack 5 snakes on each of my 100 neighbours. On some I even got 10 snakes. This should have brought me to a total of at least 1000 snakes. I am now on 586. I have kept an eye on my snakes while visiting neighbours. I never got past 600.
    It took me THREE HOURS to visit all my neighbours to get snakes...and I am left with only a fifth of what I should have had.
    THIS TOTALLY SUCKS!
    I do not even feel like spending one more donut on this game! :!: :!: :hunf:

FROM ONE UNHAPPY PLAYER!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • gjap1390
    11 posts
    edited April 2013
    Just visited a friend and left two eggs. Came back and I had dropped from 210 to 170 snakes!!! At this rate I dont know when I'll even get a license...
  • keza1321
    109 posts
    edited April 2013
    Im at a point of whether to give friends eggs or not? I've got a buddy and we are helping each other out but i don't want either of us to lose out.

Hope this gets fixed
  • Davit001
    19 posts
    edited April 2013
    Just lost all 70 snakes I had after visiting a friend. Came back to find 0 snakes. So this event is unplayable. Bravo!
  • mpc578
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I just lost 35 after visiting a couple of friends...this is just ridiculous...as if getting the 12,500 wasn't going to be hard enough...FAIL EA
  • queenautumn
    65 posts
    edited April 2013
    Dear god people! You let eggs LOOSE and you LOSE snakes. Notice the number of "o's" in each word and use the appropriate word.

Lost 45 snakes in my first round of whacking and laying. Not impressed. Lisa had no task.
  • keza1321
    109 posts
    edited April 2013
    mpc578 wrote:
    I just lost 35 after visiting a couple of friends...this is just ridiculous...as if getting the 12,500 wasn't going to be hard enough...FAIL EA

This is the annoying thing, just taking so much longer to get the required snakes or even grt closer if your wanting to help friends out.
  • IconicCharm
    224 posts
    edited April 2013
    I think I know why it happens, if you have the 5 snake license and whack more than that many in friend's towns you lose the 5 allowed snakes and the other snakes you whack.
  • mpc578
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I think I know why it happens, if you have the 5 snake license and whack more than that many in friend's towns you lose the 5 allowed snakes and the other snakes you whack.

I don't think that is it because I don't have my license yet and lost snakes...
  • mrnohnaimers
    24 posts
    edited April 2013

i don't even have the license yet so I can't whack any snakes in my friends town, but sometimes after visiting their town and depositing eggs I still randomly lose snakes.
  • baylensmom
    786 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm never going to get to 400 snakes. This sucks. I had 189, went and left eggs and came back and had lost 50 snakes.
    Not to mention all the XP Im losing every time I leave and come back.
    I'm kinda over this.
  • brettolmsted
    1095 posts Member
    edited April 2013
    I just lost 14 snakes.

How can this be a social event if, when we are social, we lose?
  • idigshovels
    14 posts
    edited April 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    wooohooo!

I just visited 20 more friends and didn't lose a single snake.

So, I was reading through the posts here and something struck me as repeat theme. "I whacked snakes, I placed eggs, I clicked on buildings."

I decided to visit some more friends and not click any buildings. I took a screenshot before going into the towns and after, didn't lose anything!

Somebody else try it, we need some more tests run.

I also did not place any eggs. Is there some glitch where you can only do one thing? People are talking about losing XP's so maybe....?

I thought about that too... I'll go test it now...

I only put down eggs, don't have the licence yet

STUPID * GAME. just went from 305 to 280
  • keza1321
    109 posts
    edited April 2013
    So are we better not giving away eggs and just collecting from our own town, hoping that a fix will come unless of course it's meant to be this way? I can't afford to lose as many snakes as i am, its just a pain :(
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.