EA Forums - Banner

Ugh! Not this screen again.

I've been having the "Ugh! Not this screen again." message for the past 3 days, pretty much since I downloaded the whacking day event. I've looked as much as I can for a solution but I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to know if EA have released a solution yet cause im getting annoyed with looking.

What kind of connection are you using?

Replies

• Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've been having the "Ugh! Not this screen again." message for the past 3 days, pretty much since I downloaded the whacking day event. I've looked as much as I can for a solution but I am unable to find one. Does anyone happen to know if EA have released a solution yet cause im getting annoyed with looking.

Have you created an account? I notice that if u play without an account it Normally come up with this message....for me anyway...on ipad work fine on iPod tho :mrgreen:
  • nathanpartlow
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm using Talktalk wireless connection, I have made an account that was when the errors started, but I have confirmed my email address once or twice and im using a Samsung S2 phone.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm using Talktalk wireless connection, I have made an account that was when the errors started, but I have confirmed my email address once or twice and im using a Samsung S2 phone.

Have you tryed using 3G just to see if it logs on? If not could be maintenance work going on!?
  • nathanpartlow
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    I have tried using 3G and its unlikely that it would be maintenance as its been happening for a few days, other people are able to connect to thier accounts via my internet and I have also tried to login into my account off other peoples phones but the same problem happens.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited April 2013
    I've been getting it as well since the update. It has nothing to do with connection, at least not on my end. It hasn't been too bad since there is reconnection countdown, the screen just comes up and goes away after a few seconds. If anything, it's just annoying having the app close and reloading it. With how this game goes, I'm sure I'll enter a town, lose 50 snakes and have this thing yank me out of the app before I can retrieve them.
  • nathanpartlow
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    Yea it is annoying, I got like 150 eggs waiting for me :/

Any sort of closure would be appreciated even if its infixable and I just have to wait it out.
  • Ponderance
    2 posts
    edited April 2013
    I'm getting the same problem. Put in a ticket to EA with no response at all of any kind. I can't log on my galaxy S3, my wife's S3, my brother in law's. They both can log into tapped out through mine.

So that rules out any connection problem or game version problem. That means it MUST be something to do with my account / game save / whatever. Sooooo..... I wait? ... Wish I could take back the $20 I dropped on donuts.
  • Scrapcin
    1 posts
    edited April 2013
    Ponderance wrote:
    So that rules out any connection problem or game version problem. That means it MUST be something to do with my account / game save / whatever.

That's right. I got the same problem and it's something wrong with my / our accounts. I hope we will get our springfield back soon.
  • edwardaggie9
    43 posts
    edited April 2013
    I had the same issue a couple of months ago, and it took three weeks of my yelling at EA to get anything done. By the time it was all over, the issue had almost fixed itself and I had missed most of the Valentine's Day thing.

In the end, what seemed to work was turning off the game's notifications (go to Settings>Tapped Out and click all of them OFF), then delete the app from your device. Turn your device off and then on again and reinstall the app.

That seemed to work for me - hopefully it does for you, too.
  • nathanpartlow
    6 posts
    edited April 2013
    Do you happen to know how to turn off notifications on a Samsung S2? I have been looking for a way since yesterday and am having no luck :/
  • Sman52
    108 posts
    edited April 2013
    Do you happen to know how to turn off notifications on a Samsung S2? I have been looking for a way since yesterday and am having no luck :/

I think it is an in game option for the S's
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.