EA Forums - Banner

Kirk Van Houten in game sound files.

Replies

• Leon2683
    241 posts
    edited May 2013
    How much was kang and the ray gun in the Halloween event?
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    Leon2683 wrote:
    How much was kang and the ray gun in the Halloween event?

Originally 200 donuts, but went down to 150 the last week or so of the event. The ray gun will definitely be premium, there's a message in the scripts that says "you can purchase the ray gun from the store" that appears after Kang says his line about humans being too cheap to buy donuts. If you already have the ray gun, Frink pops up and tells you to get it out of your inventory.
  • jerblah
    58 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the info! I missed Halloween as well, so uber excited for Kodo & Kang!!!
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The ray gun is the relevant point. In any scenario regarding Kang and Kodos, you will need to purchase the gun once to get both of them. So long as the gun costs the same, all things will be equal.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    The ray gun is the relevant point. In any scenario regarding Kang and Kodos, you will need to purchase the gun once to get both of them. So long as the gun costs the same, all things will be equal.

Sounds fair. Bring'em on
  • inthekitchen
    96 posts
    edited May 2013
    cl891 wrote:
    And you will be able to buy Ray Gun
    Donuts or cash?

Kodos will be released as an episode tie-in in the upcoming season 24 finale "The Man who Came to Dinner" on May 19

Kang will also be re-released along with the Ray Gun

Really? I saw nothing in the files about that!
  • crazybrad100
    56 posts
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone see anything about ITCHY AND SCRATCHY being able to purchase for donuts or freebies let in there, these are the 2 i most want really. thanks for looking at these everyone
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013
    I understand it is just a game, but I really dont want Itchy, Scratchy, Poochie, or any other character that doesnt fit into the Simpsons "reality".

Perhaps I could accept someone in an Itchy and Scratchy costume, like at Itchy and Scratchy Land.

I ended up hating the Funzos so much that I put them in inventory the first day they made that feature available.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    Cracker Factory debut imminent?

OH GAWD YES!

Put that right next to the Plant and Brewery in my industrial district.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6292 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone see anything about ITCHY AND SCRATCHY being able to purchase for donuts or freebies let in there, these are the 2 i most want really. thanks for looking at these everyone

There is an Itchy & Scratchy Store as part of the Squidport update. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they add the actual Itchy & Scratchy characters.

There's still Itchy & Scratchy Land. They can both come with that.

Then have Roger Meyers Jr. come with Itchy & Scratchy Studios
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6292 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I understand it is just a game, but I really dont want Itchy, Scratchy, Poochie, or any other character that doesnt fit into the Simpsons "reality".

Perhaps I could accept someone in an Itchy and Scratchy costume, like at Itchy and Scratchy Land.

I ended up hating the Funzos so much that I put them in inventory the first day they made that feature available.

No different than having 2 aliens from Rigel VII walking around. *cough* Kang & Kodos *cough*

Or even the Burns Monster, Mayan God or Evil Krusty Doll
  • mcorway
    419 posts
    edited May 2013
    When are we going to get Surley from Duff Gardens!?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6292 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when were gonna get the Sarcastic Clerk with the Gas Station

sarcasticclerk.gif

• toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited May 2013

No different than having 2 aliens from Rigel VII walking around. *cough* Kang & Kodos *cough*

Itchy and Scratchy dont fit because they are a fantasy element within the fictional "reality" of Springfield. Kang and Kodos fit because they are part of the "reality", however absurd they might be.

I know it get's confusing when discussing an animated show within an animated show. Krusty is real in the Simpsons Universe, whereas Itchy and Scratchy are not.
  • show416
    28 posts
    edited May 2013
    This is fantastic news. I've wanted Kodos and Kang so bad. I get so jealous when id see him in other people's towns. DROOOOOOOL
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    mcorway wrote:
    When are we going to get Surley from Duff Gardens!?

+1. Forgot to mention earlier, but there's a new Duff item coming too. The Duff Blimp is in the files!
  • cheesypasta1
    698 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I want to know when were gonna get the Sarcastic Clerk with the Gas Station

sarcasticclerk.gif

I would love the sarcastic guy hopefully he will come sooner or later
  • CactusEater
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2013

Itchy and Scratchy dont fit because they are a fantasy element within the fictional "reality" of Springfield. Kang and Kodos fit because they are part of the "reality", however absurd they might be.

I know it get's confusing when discussing an animated show within an animated show. Krusty is real in the Simpsons Universe, whereas Itchy and Scratchy are not.

Actually Kang and Kodos are non-canon characters, they've only ever appeared in Treehouse of Horror episodes, which aren't considered to have actually occurred in the simpsons universe.
  • jbkon_92
    87 posts
    edited May 2013
    Awesome! Kodos for the find! They need to release Snowball :3
  • mattperiolat
    676 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    And speculation picks up again. Will Kirk come out with Kang and Kodos based on the sound file? Will we also get Agnes for Mother's Day? And which of these updates will be level 29? Or will 29 come with the Squidport for Memorial Day?

One thing is for sure, I am not using dounuts for a while. May need them.

Kang & Kodos will be released for the season 24 finale episode tie-in for May 19

I'm guessing Agnes will be level 29. Maybe Kirk & Jasper too. Jasper for sure is gonna be premium

There's also the Squidport update that will release Captain McCallster, Ranier Wolfcastle, Handsome Pete & some street performers

Yeah, I went on tstappedout.proboards.com and read the spoilers. I agree with you with a small variation - based on quests, Ranier Wolfcastle has to come out before Herman. Plus, Herman has a level joke. So, here are my guesses:

Agnes will come out with Jasper as premium for Mother's Day weekend. This will be level 29.

Kang and Kodos will be the tie in on the 19th with Kirk as a premium.

Squidport will be level 30, probably in early June. Herman will follow in July as level 31.

Just what I am feeling at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!