EA Forums - Banner

Just got the thanksgiving update

Replies

• SPARTAAAAAAAA
    29 posts
    edited November 2012
    lol now the balloon is 40 doughnuts. last night it was like 1000 game money.. LOL
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    Silly question in the Thanksgiving update what happens to Burns Monster and Krusty doll? Still Nov. 7 here in the U.S
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited November 2012
    talk375 wrote:
    Silly question in the Thanksgiving update what happens to Burns Monster and Krusty doll? Still Nov. 7 here in the U.S

They stay if i remembered right.
  • talk375
    124 posts
    edited November 2012
    SirEdgarA wrote:
    talk375 wrote:

They stay if i remembered right.

Is it possible to at least place them in storage?
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited November 2012
    That i don't know , seems very unlikely. You can't even put the Duff race car in storage so i think it's safe to say No :/
  • SPARTAAAAAAAA
    29 posts
    edited November 2012
    now the other scratchy balloon is 20 doughnuts and the itchy is 40 doughnuts. for the unaware.

all halloween things you purchased stayed. also if it hasnt been mentioned the cemeteries give you money now.
    same as the bad dreams house and anything else that gave candy. its cash now.

but now it is crashing constantly
  • entoo
    51 posts
    edited November 2012

So it's not just me then. Good to know the problem isn't on our end.
  • linguo60
    271 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm in US also.
    Got an ingame update a few hours ago which changed nothing obvious, then just did the store update.
    New load screen, takes ages to load now and crashes constantly, and still with kang ship flying around, zombies, and treats.
    No balloons yet. Plus I can still buy all the Halloween stuff.

I am hoping all that is needed is for it to turn November 8.
  • ncwriter
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    Got update, nothing changed but the opening screen, still in Grandpa loop. Hope it changes at midnight.
  • Senorian
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    linguo60 wrote:
    I'm in US also.
    Got an ingame update a few hours ago which changed nothing obvious, then just did the store update.
    New load screen, takes ages to load now and crashes constantly, and still with kang ship flying around, zombies, and treats.
    No balloons yet. Plus I can still buy all the Halloween stuff.

I am hoping all that is needed is for it to turn November 8.

i have the same problem minus the crashing constantly. I have all halloween stuff including kang flying around, zombies, treats etc. My Simpsons characters can still do tasks to earn more treats. I thought the update was going to fix this.

There is no Thanksgiving stuff like balloons to purchase. But there are new decorations like "Hail Ants" sign, volleyball court, graffiti walls. Also, i'm in California and I got the update at 5:00pm which seemed a bit early.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6372 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    So this "Balloon" update is only for Aussies at this time correct?

Us Americans still have to wait properly for this? At least those of us who don't want to advance our clock to a different time zone
  • cpsdude
    46 posts
    edited November 2012
    Im in canada. On the i phone, with you home button, completley close down simpsons. Change your phone setting time to adelaide australia. Open game. Dont read or do anything, keep hitting until lisa/homer finish talking. Close app, then again using home button close app fully. Change your time back to usa/canada. Reopen simpsons. Voila!!! Back to begining of halloween, answer zune. 10 free donuts!! Then repeat!!! Lots of free donuts!!
  • SPARTAAAAAAAA
    29 posts
    edited November 2012
    entoo wrote:

So it's not just me then. Good to know the problem isn't on our end.

yeah. i will give it a rest till later. i managed to get in and set 12 hour jobs.
    crashes worry me cause thats how towns get erased and your game gets goofed.
    even if you are playing logged into origin this is Ea we are talking bout

i also see that after they changed the balloon's to doughnuts. they now offer like 0.50% and 0.25% on jobs.
    i still probably will not be spending money on balloons. its wierd that Oz gets this. & gets it first for that matter. lol.

ea be trolling the yanks.
  • bbk_2212
    8 posts
    edited November 2012
    pretty sure all it needs is for your timezone to become November 8 as the update came this morning here in Australia.

But don't stress, the balloons don't do anything but improve your vanity rating haha. Your treats also vanish, so anything you had has no purpose.
  • miakat69
    2 posts
    edited November 2012
    Is this a forced update? And what happens to the treats? I'm trying to save up for the heck house 300 treats I'm almost there but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time..
  • bbk_2212
    8 posts
    edited November 2012
    I would say its a forced update. I just opened up my game and when it says "synchronising" and checking for updates" on the home screen, I assume that's when its updated. It wasn't an update through iTunes app store. And my treats just disappeared. So unless you absolutely want the heck house and can get them before november 8, it might not be worth it. The Heck House is a facade that can be used interchangeably with the church, so it's not its own building.
  • Medreser
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    So I rolled my iPad to Sydney time today. How this is considered "cheating" is still idiotic to me. Anyway, the candy, tp, and eggs are all gone without any payout (not shocking even though I had 3500 treats) yet my mausoleums and cemeteries still have timers counting down until zombies show up. My main screen is still Halloween even after two hard disconnects. The balloon prices are as follows and you can buy as many as you want but cannot sell them:

Scratchy $760
    Blinks $2500
    Snowball 2 $8300
    Itchy $15000
    Santa's little helper $21000

Interesting. I wanted to see if changing the time zone would work for me, so I tried it as well. The treats and stuff were gone, as stated above and the balloons are there, but the prices are all different. For me, the prices were as follows:

Scratchy: $1000
    Blinky: $16,500
    Snowball II: 20 donuts
    Itchy: 40 donuts
    Santa's Little Helper: $30,000

How does that make sense?
  • mitsuhoney
    261 posts New member
    edited November 2012
    Well this sucks, now I have to use my donuts to get the balloons which do nothing (this is why I hate being a perfectionist/collector because I need to have everything lol) :x
  • MegumsASU
    63 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm playing in the US and just got the update about 20 minutes ago. Just balloons. Candy, tp and stuff is gone like everyone else has said. Still has the halloween loading screen.
  • newrango
    13 posts
    edited November 2012
    I had the first update - balloons for money.
    I managed to buy 4 then ran out of money.

Lisa said "We need just need one more before the parade is complete" or something along those lines.

Now it's all the same as you guys - some for donuts, some for money.
    And the Quest in the Task Book saying to buy the 5th balloon is now gone...so not sure if it's still a quest or not?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.