EA Forums - Banner

Have Thanksgiving update EA TOOK ALL MY CANDY!

Be happy you're getting free content updates to keep you entertained. Besides you had over a month to partake in the Halloween event.

Replies

• saggiosrp
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    Be happy you're getting free content updates to keep you entertained. Besides you had over a month to partake in the Halloween event.

True, but would have been nice to trade in candy for something useful.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I agree, but it could be worse. They didn't have to make the 5 Halloween buildings cash & xp earners. But they did. So it's not a bad trade off.
  • killerangl
    16 posts
    edited November 2012
    What happens to the Cemetaries? I don't have the update yet - I assume so because I don't see the balloons yet in my decorations menu
  • saggiosrp
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    killerangl wrote:
    What happens to the Cemetaries? I don't have the update yet - I assume so because I don't see the balloons yet in my decorations menu

You keep everything you bought. I stuck mine in inventory.
  • Busam13
    17 posts
    edited November 2012
    does homer and marge halloween costumes start making money instead of candy?
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6306 posts Moderator
    edited November 2012
    With the new update...

1. You get a Thanksgiving quest where Homer wants you to buy Parade Balloons
    2. Halloween Buildings (Cemetery, Pet Cemetery, Masoleum, Bad Dream House & House of Evil) now become cash/xp earners.
    3. Kang, Mayan Homer, Witch Marge & Devil Flanders now give out cash/xp instead of treats.
    4. All treats/eggs/toilet paper earned are now gone
    5. All Treehouse of Horror "Limited Time" items are now gone.
    6. Parade Balloons of Santas Little Helper, Snowball II, Itchy, Scratchy & Blinky are now available for a "Limited Time"

Not sure what else I'm missing as I don't yet have the update. I'm in the USA over here
  • davidfattore
    11 posts
    edited November 2012
    Just out of Curiosity can you guys connect to the server?

I seem to be having trouble connecting to my game, I'm an Australian player on level 23 and it was working fine two nights ago but now all I get is Bart whenever I try to connect...

Now I'm sure nothing is wrong and I'm assuming its just routine game updates and upgrades as the last thing I saw before it crashed on me was Homer saying something about Thanksgiving and a Scratchy Float!

Just want to be sure that's all!
  • bartap74
    144 posts
    edited November 2012
    Are the zombies gone?
  • davidfattore
    11 posts
    edited November 2012
    if that was in direct reply to my post then I'm not sure as I can't seem to connect to find out!
  • hairdoranz
    21 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm from Australia and since this update I can't access my game....keeps saying try again and all that....man don't wanna lose my progress ey.....
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited November 2012
    I was in midst of building Bad Dream House and its still building. Just spent more donuts for eggs/TP from the Burns Halloween mysterybox and had plenty. Had over 300 pieces of candy and was deciding still what to use em for ... and POOF! Cant connect.

When I reconnect finally, all candy gone; no eggs/TP; no warning. Seems alot of cash is gone too. But Im not sure because i did just build Java shop (that and Bad Dream House have been building half a day) and the 2 baloons i was prompted to build on my return.

I am annoyed the candy didnt convert to anything.
  • lilydalelah
    134 posts
    edited November 2012
    Busam13 wrote:
    does homer and marge halloween costumes start making money instead of candy?
    My no-longer-halloween homer is currently on a Maize Binge in his costume for $70 rather than the 1 pc candy. We shall see how that goes. I never got Marge yet. I hope Flanders still has the Devil Wrath because I love that; it's hilarious. But he's occupied at church for like 12 hours now so have to wait to see.

Im glad i got the Bad Dream house with 300 candy apparently moments before it disappeared.

I kinda want my donuts credited for all the eggs/TP i bought with mysterybox. thats annoying me alot more than it should. Guess cuz combined with blowing donuts on accidental brown house speedups it is irritating
  • emersonh
    64 posts
    edited November 2012
    Can anybody take a screenshot of their Tapped out and send it over as an image or a URL to somewhere? Thanks!!

Add me at emersonh
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited November 2012
    couldn't care less about the missing treats. i had over 1000. they weren't good for anything anyway after you got the few items they bought
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.