EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• Genie_B88
    16 posts
    edited May 2013
    Fianc? is trying to play the game on my iPad while I play it on my phone because his broke, tried to login for the past week, put the password in and it acts like it's login in, and then says network error and says he needs to make a new username, but if he clicks the forgot password it send hi his Screename and password to be changed to his email, and no matte how many times he does it it doesn't accept it! He couldn't finish the wacking day which was frustrating! Please fix this!
  • hungriachris
    14 posts
    edited May 2013
    Hi guys, it's a little late now, but I thought I'd mention that the game has totally blocked me from whacking snakes in my neighbors Springfield's for the past 3 days. I added a number of friends 3 days ago to try to help myself attain Willie but after I added people I was no longer allowed to whack snakes in any of my neighbors games. Was wondering if anyone else had this problem. My husband has been playing just as much as me and he hasn't been blocked from his neighbors snakes...It has cost me 300+ snakes at least. Very irritated at this, doesn't seem very fair. :(
  • ramini2000
    3 posts
    edited May 2013
    When i make Legs and Louie do the hour quest and close the app, and re open it they are not doong the quest. They are jobless. So i cant choose that option of them working together.
  • InkSlinger xx
    16 posts
    edited May 2013
    Found this today while visiting friend.

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-16-42.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-17-04.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-17-18.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-17-31.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-18-03.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-18-09.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-19-23.png

Screenshot_2013-05-10-10-19-53.png
  • dandinfree
    69 posts
    edited May 2013
    please finally remove the snake event.. people get sick of the snakes and i agree.

would be nice to have a normal town again.. next time make sure you get an info which person placed something in your town!

• funkysweetx0
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    Friends can put eggs in my town but I can't put any in their towns.. And can't even see their towns. It says I have no friends? Would love to get rid of some eggs!
  • darthyranis
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sometimes when I try to load my Springfield it crashes to the home screen. I am playing on android and my device is an ASUS ME301t. This only happens when I reboot my tablet and I have to delete the game data every time to get it working again.
  • CallMeAceRag
    183 posts
    edited May 2013
    Is it just me or does the town lag considerably more when Burns is walking the hounds? Never had any almost freezes like that, only when I have it running as quest.

@mods: Sorry for creating a separate thread, feel free to delete it as I didn't check the sticky threads first.
    dandinfree wrote:
    next time make sure you get an info which person placed something in your town!
    Definitely agree with that one, as its a little re-assurance for trades etc and also to give back the generosity.
  • sampsar564
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    My town was reset 9.5. sometime between 1-2am GMT and it still hasn't been fixed...
    In the time I've had my town reduced to ashes (from level 10 to the tutorial) I could've made enough money to buy the Willie's Shack and whatnot...
  • craigjth
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    When I acquired the Respectable Moe outfit in my inventory I used it and got a confirmation the outfit had been unlocked. But I never got the quests nor do the actions/costume show up under Moe when I tap on him.
    Maybe this occurred because he was doing an action when I used the suit?

Is there anyway EA can fix this bug? Am I posting in the right place for this?

Game ID is: craigjth
  • itsmevinny
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 bugs:

1. My snake rock that I got (from collecting a certain amount of snakes) just disappeared. How can I get it back?
    2. When I put Smithers on the 60 minute "Make Smithers work out for Mr. Burns" task, they will bike for a couple of minutes, and then they'll just start walking as if they're not on a task. This has happened 90% of the time. If I put them on the 60 minute task again, then they'll stay on that task for the entire hour. But several times, I'll put them on the 60 minute task and close the game, and when I get back, they're just walking around and I don't get to collect any money or XP. Please help!
  • itsmevinny
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    ramini2000 wrote:
    When i make Legs and Louie do the hour quest and close the app, and re open it they are not doong the quest. They are jobless. So i cant choose that option of them working together.

The same happens with me with Smithers and Burns.
  • CallMeAceRag
    183 posts
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to cancel your own pending requests that you sent out? Because now I can't add friends anymore due to about 30 people never checking their invites despite posting in the add me threads last two days :evil: :(

Update: Tried the Origin app on PC and there I could delete some friends to accept the new requests but that is obviously not the point as you also can't see the sent out requests either to cancel them. :roll:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CallMeAceRag
    183 posts
    edited May 2013
    Is there any way to cancel your own pending requests that you sent out? Because now I can't add friends anymore due to about 30 people never checking their invites despite posting in the add me threads last two days :evil: :(

Update: Tried the Origin app on PC and there I could delete some friends to accept the new requests but that is obviously not the point as you also can't see the sent out requests either to cancel them. :roll:

Emailed EA and they in fact replied within a couple of minutes and suggested to reinstall the app on my iPad - unfortunately that did not solve the problem and I still have 29 pending requests that I sent out and cannot access anymore. I have 18 incoming invites that I'd love to switch against, but not sure if they can do anything to reset those sent out -.-
  • mikewilkew711
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    Hi, I have a problem. I was playing when my battery died and now when I log in, the game starts from the beginning :evil:. I was at level15 with a good town going. Is there a fix for this? How can I get my springfield back?

thanks
  • jimboc1981
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    Hi Gypsy

I am having trouble with the game crashing about every 5 - 10 mins whilst visiting friends, hope you can sort this soon as it really spoils gameplay. many thanks.
  • cokewithvanilla
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The games performance slowly gets worse as I visit multiple friends towns in a single session (laggy / jerky movement when scrolling) Eventually this leads to either the game crashing or my phone reboots itself as I'm playing (Huawei Mercury / Gingerbread 2.3.6).

I haven't went a single day without the game crashing at least twice. It will continue to run smooth without crashing if I stay in my own town.
  • Dene-RFC-1873
    1 posts
    edited May 2013
    The whole app crashes for me quite regularly all of a sudden.

I'm on the first generation iPad, I think it might due to the oddness of it?.

• CallMeAceRag
    183 posts
    edited May 2013
    Had the above crashes happen from time to time as well, but probably just once or twice per day.

Follow up to mine: The pending requests went down to 23 as some seem to have seen em over the course of the day, but still unable to access the drop down. EA emailed me back quickly to request further details and its currently escalated, will probably be too late to still get all prizes of the Whacking Day but at least they are aware of the glitch and try to fix it for everyone.
  • meags_312
    4 posts
    edited May 2013
    Hi Gypsy,
    After the recent updates, buildings that take longer than 24 hours to complete, stall at 1 day. I built the Learning Annex and it stalled at 1 day. I deleted and re installed my app, but it did not work. I ended up having to use 14 donuts to workaround the glitch and complete the building. Now, I am faced the same issue with Fat Tony's Compound. It is stuck at 1 day. I don't want to waste another 14 donuts to complete.
    Please advise.
    Thanks in advance.