EA Forums - Banner

when does whacking day actually end? (time)

Bump, I'm close and I would like the same info

Replies

• LTruest
    52 posts
    edited May 2013
    Bump. Pretty much used my whole day whacking. Still trying to reach the Sleep Eazy but yeh. Don't know how much time is left. Lucky I had work off today.
  • Samwellthefirst
    201 posts
    edited May 2013
    We don't tend to get much warning, but expect it to be toward the end of the day, pacific time (GMT - 8)
  • ffcchan
    86 posts
    edited May 2013
    if you guys have saved up some donuts over time from levelling up and what not, and are getting really close to it, consider spending some of your donut collection! Considering it has a character as well as a building I would think it's easier to justify a bit of donuts. And for those who haven't gotten it yet and are short on donuts, there's the hidden Homer task/achievement to get 10 donuts!
  • RedDauntless
    5 posts
    edited May 2013
    Looks like we wasted a lot if donuts bump...
  • braains301
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'd like to thank EA for once again (sarcasm intended) for not ending this when it was advertised. I spent hard earned money buying donuts so that I could get the motel before whacking day ended. In the back of my mind I knew that these things go on for days after the end date but I didn't want to risk it. I splurged and then I thought about how stupid and impulsive I was. Imagine my disgust when I wake up this morning and i still have snakes running around. I was only down a few hundred snakes.
  • Churwellowl
    8 posts
    edited May 2013
    Only been playing the game for a few weeks so Whacking Day is my first special event. I live in UK and expected it to end while I was asleep and ended up spending 35 donuts (about 350 snakes short) to get the Colisseum only to find it's still going on as I type this. Someone has left me eggs too in the last hour or so and I have 122 extra snakes already. I could have saved my donuts - grrrr.

Is the Motel available within the game at a leter level (on 22 myself)?
  • Fingerpopping58
    120 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    10:52pm on 10 May here in Australia and whacking day is still going on. Will it ever end?
  • modtl
    77 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    EA have poorly managed the end of ending of this event and many people have spent donuts unnecessarily to get to their targets. They need to have someone post on here or their Facebook page saying: "The event will end at whatever time" and if it's going to be extended then they need to SAY SOMETHING!
  • LettuceNTomatos
    35 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sigh, so all these weeks that I pushed myself and deprived myself of good sleep are for naught. Even brought the snake stump and elite snake license.

Tried of whacking my snake. :wink:
  • Tally78
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    Exactly! I've no idea whether or not its worth a last all out attempt or not. I'm about 2000 snakes from finishing, but I know as soon as I start spending every second whacking the whole thing will end and ill have wasted my time. Obviously, if I don't, the whole thing will go on another week and ill be cross that I could have gotten everything after all.

Not sure which will be worse!
  • braains301
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I bought a couple of stumps, lost sleep and now donuts. Ugh... This really ruins the game for me. I should have trusted my instincts. Never again!!
  • dessskris
    195 posts
    edited May 2013
    exactly! I still remember they posted on FB that this event will end on the 9th! Now is the 10th already and I could still whack snakes!!

anyway, I still need 700 more snakes to get bare-chested Willie :(

Please add me and donate some eggs! Please please please! username is dessskris

Thank you!
  • ATES
    8 posts
    edited May 2013
    new end date MAy 16
  • LettuceNTomatos
    35 posts
    edited May 2013
    ATES wrote:
    new end date MAy 16

Source? Facebook comment?

May 10th is the official date for whacking day in the Simpsons universe. I was expecting something grand to an end to this event today.
  • ATES
    8 posts
    edited May 2013
    go to your game there was a small update and the General Discussion page has a post talking about it
  • RedDauntless
    5 posts
    edited May 2013
    16th??
    Can my wife and I have our donut back?
    We just wasted all those!
  • LettuceNTomatos
    35 posts
    edited May 2013
    ATES wrote:
    go to your game there was a small update and the General Discussion page has a post talking about it

Oh, yea now i see it. It's stated on the whacking guide (questionmark-icon). Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.