EA Forums - Banner

Are you reorienting your town?

Prev1
I just base it on the building and where I am placing it. Whichever orientation looks better, I choose it :).

Replies

• 80sarcades
    117 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have it both ways. Houses facing towards the SE; the rest (to the north) are mostly facing towards the water. Only reason I placed the houses that way was to have the roads lead to a bridge bordering the south section of town.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    I wonder how many will start changing their layout if/when Squiport and the water attractions come out?
  • RenegadeMoose
    308 posts
    edited May 2013
    I actually just finished redoing my town, but m buildings face all directions. I also have the Flander's house on the opposite side of the Simpson's home and the brown house is a few houses down.
  • SeungyeonAngel
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    it depends on what they will give us the next few months. i dont really mind much since i learned how to do 3D stuff just recently thanks to a few creative players out there. if they open the ocean then skys the limit! :)
  • Melies100781
    99 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    hum...may I ask: What Squidport rumors?
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    it depends on what they will give us the next few months. i dont really mind much since i learned how to do 3D stuff just recently thanks to a few creative players out there. if they open the ocean then skys the limit! :)

Ugh. So NOT a fan of the faux-3D stuff. There are a few, very rare cases I've liked something that was faux-3D. But, for me, most of it is a waste of land.
  • mattperiolat
    677 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I tried reorienting, but it just did not look right. So, I am breaking from the 2004 map and will have the Squidport elsewhere. I might change my mind, but that is the current plan.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    @Matt, I'm not trying to match the 2004 map, since this is a *new* Springfield, after all. LOL
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:

Ugh. So NOT a fan of the faux-3D stuff. There are a few, very rare cases I've liked something that was faux-3D. But, for me, most of it is a waste of land.

To each their own. Never a waste of land when creativity is involved.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:
    @Matt, I'm not trying to match the 2004 map, since this is a *new* Springfield, after all. LOL

The goal is to rebuild Springfeild the way you want it, and some people like Matt and me like to re-create Springfeild.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:

To each their own. Never a waste of land when creativity is involved.

Mel, you do have some cool ideas. I just don't have the land to spare on that yet.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Stuff that, made the mistake once of redoing my town and never again, I just make sure I do it all to my liking when iam building in that particular area. But I must admit its hard to leave it alone
  • mattperiolat
    677 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:

The goal is to rebuild Springfeild the way you want it, and some people like Matt and me like to re-create Springfeild.

Yeah, either way, we are having fun, right? None of us are wrong.

Unless all of your buildings overhang roads and you cannot see a darn thing. Then I get grumpy.
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited May 2013
    When I rearranged my Springfield I put it all in storage, deleted all roads and rivers and thought **** have I done. I gave up on the game for about a fortnight, then cracked it out and now just rearrange things mildly. Total redesign is harsh!
  • mattperiolat
    677 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    When I rearranged my Springfield I put it all in storage, deleted all roads and rivers and thought **** have I done. I gave up on the game for about a fortnight, then cracked it out and now just rearrange things mildly. Total redesign is harsh!

Yet another reason to hesitate to do it. At this point, with so many buildings, decor, roads and whatnot, it is a BEAR to do a redesign. Plus, with perspective changes, replacing the decor is funky because it all changes based on building orientation.

Nope, saves me gray hairs just to make do at this point.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    Happily, I'm a relatively new player so I don't have a huge town yet and I started a lot of it oriented to the sea anyway. I also agree about the buildings overhanging roads. That's one of the reasons I wish the buildings had 4 faces and not just two.
  • Jimbeeze
    278 posts
    edited May 2013
    I did a complete re-do of my town when i got all land (in december during xmas update). It took about a week and i ended up leaving about a 1/3 of my town free for new buildings and tried to make it it easy for me to place new buildings where they would 'fit in' to my likings. its been 5 months and I'm itching to do it all over again since we've gotten so many buildings since then. just can't bring myself to do it right now.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    bobbell234 wrote:

The really interesting part about this question is related to a thread I read a week or two ago where someone was wondering why anyone would switch the Simpson's home/Ned's home/Brown house to the southwest because that was (somehow) unnatural. To me, it's just a matter of perspective. I find that, as long as the order is correct, it doesn't matter to me if Simpson's house faces southeast or southwest. To me, I'd rather have most places looking at the water than away from it.

It is unnatural! There is no somehow about it :P

44% of responders agreed with me, with only 13% saying it wasnt. Beaten way into third place by Reindeer Goatcheese Pizza.

Nuff Said.
  • chindogger
    179 posts
    edited May 2013
    I still have my original design from the start..just been moving a couple buildings around but nothing drastic..so far I haven't had to overhaul..trying my best not too.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    Re arranging my town to make room for squidport. It's currently water.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.