EA Forums - Banner

Why do I always forget Channel 6 tasks?

I pair it mentally with the farm, which seems to help. The animation is easy to miss when doing a visual sweep to see if I've missed anyone.
Edit: what I mean by that is that I set Channel 6 tasks at the same time as farm tasks. That way it's not forgotten.

Replies

• albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited May 2013
    Yep, if I've got Brockman finishing at the same time as the broadcast or a friend has collected on the broadcast then 9/10 I forget and realise 3 days later!
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited May 2013
    And I thought I was all alone.

Phew, I feel better now.

I forget that son of a gun task repeatedly. :oops:

• Don_Have_A_Cow
    495 posts
    edited May 2013
    I pair it mentally with the farm, which seems to help. The animation is easy to miss when doing a visual sweep to see if I've missed anyone.
    Edit: what I mean by that is that I set Channel 6 tasks at the same time as farm tasks. That way it's not forgotten.

I do the same thing...plus I always set those two last so I know when they are done (if I set everybody and everything for 8 hours), everyone else is finished as well.
  • Samwellthefirst
    201 posts
    edited May 2013
    Always forget the farm, but not channel 6 for some reason, prob because 6 gives out tons of money if set on constant 4 hour tasks, although I have missed it a couple of times when playing on my iPhone
  • DJDK-ec
    898 posts
    edited May 2013
    Same here. They should have an indicater when there is no task asinged. Even the downs have one, which I never use.
  • Samwellthefirst
    201 posts
    edited May 2013
    DJDK-ec wrote:
    Same here. They should have an indicater when there is no task asinged. Even the downs have one, which I never use.

Totally agree, like a question mark above it or something. Good idea
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited May 2013
    I normally set Channel 6 to 24hrs task that way it always reminds me to set it as I only appears once a day lol As for the farm I tend to do 8hrs tasks mainly unless I know I aint gonna log in then it 24hr :D
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't really like the idea of a floating icon to indicate no task assigned. After all, there is nothing like that for the farm. Maybe we just need a flashier task active animation? Perhaps radio/TV waves coming out of the dish while broadcasting?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Nope, never forget. Brockman always does 8 and 12 hour tasks, so he's always in the building. So when I clear his task, I clear the channel setting (also matches 12 and 8 hours) and set up the new one when he switches to his other task.

Farm is easier to forget, so instead of messing that up, I put in corn like 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • sahl908
    989 posts
    edited May 2013
    Never forget channel 6 tasks as it's near my favourite part of my town, so I always go there when I finish everyone tasks :). Used to forget farm, until I just kept everyone on 4hr tasks and Cletus reminds me :).
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.