EA Forums - Banner

One of my "friends" is terrible, wish I knew who...

Prev1
Only during the Valentine's Day event were our visitors made known to us. Very sorry you experienced that!

Replies

• jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Even though I would like an in game messaging system, this is one of the reasons I don't think it would be a good idea.

I'd report this to EA so that next time they introduce an idea where you can leave items in a town, they'll re-think it a little more and appreciate how imaginitive some peoples minds can be, or in the case you've experienced, very un imaginitive.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    **** man that's just wrong,how dare they push there own beliefs onto other people,not only that but to write a curse word,why would you? It's a shame someone has to be so pathetic but don't make your other friends suffer for it. If I were you I'd leave it and see if it happens again,then yeah unfortunately I would then have to delete the "newer" and more unknown friends, due to some clown. Makes me wanna
    tumblr_ll22xcgn7V1qg1rkjo1_250.gif
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Being you have no way of knowing who sent you those eggs, if you feel that badly/upset by it delete all your friends and start again, I only have forum friends so I can contact them :) Plus I "kinda" know them :) Sorry to see you got messages you didn't like but there will always be people out there that find things like that funny, its the way of the world, delete & move on :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    A highly "mature" neighbor drew a * in my town near the start of the event, and I've read about plenty of offensive pieces of egg art since this started. Anonymity can be awesome (sarcasm). ETA: There's not much you can do about those people now than just hope they leave your town alone for the rest of the event, since you can't identify them. It's up to you whether or not this is worth deleting everyone and starting over on friends.

I'm pretty sure these things are against TOS. (It's hard to tell in the TOS what is forum and what is game, IIRC.) You could try reporting it as PP suggested and see if EA actually listens. That is harder to push off as "boys will be boys" than a piece of anatomy. Perhaps it will help push them to reintroduce the "so and so visited your town" notifications with the next social event.
  • africanfuse
    13 posts
    edited May 2013
    While visiting my neighbours a while back i saw that one of them made a swastika in their springfield using decorations, a bunch of burning bushes if i remember correctly & in another neighbours springfield someone did to them what was done to you, eggs laid out in the shape of a swastika, i added extra eggs to the pattern to get rid of it. not quite sure why people do these things.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the person that says u need to report this to EA. They need to do something about ppl who does this stuff.
  • Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Place brown houses in your open space just for meantime

Or any other Deco to obstruct users

Open land is just an invitation to some abuse im afraid ... As I learned
  • Kizenix
    298 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    This event should really been like valentines, with names above eggs would been a lot easier to thank and delete lol
  • linsey_nichole
    14 posts
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate everyone's replies very much. I like the suggestion of putting a brown house in the space in the meantime so it can prevent further egg-art obscenities.
    Sorry to ask what is probably a "duh" question, but how do I report this to EA? I took screenshots with my phone, so I could provide that with the report. Maybe reporting will help EA find a way to help people filter their friends and reconsider the " so and so visited your town" notification.
  • username5641
    293 posts
    edited May 2013
    I appreciate everyone's replies very much. I like the suggestion of putting a brown house in the space in the meantime so it can prevent further egg-art obscenities.
    Sorry to ask what is probably a "duh" question, but how do I report this to EA? I took screenshots with my phone, so I could provide that with the report. Maybe reporting will help EA find a way to help people filter their friends and reconsider the " so and so visited your town" notification.
    Actually, that's a good question. I did a bit of digging over at answers.ea.com, which is the support site. You can open a support ticket at this link: https://help.ea.com/?sso_redirect=1. One of the options as you go through is "Report Cheating/Harassment."
    I didn't go all the way through to opening the ticket, so I'm not sure if you can attach the screenshots, but I have opened tickets with tech support before using their system. You can email in a response to an open ticket, so that, at least, should let you add the image attachments.
  • SirLew1s
    197 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ive had a few, and my football pitch has been ruined so much I cba making it again aha.

Thinking of doing a clearout of friends and having a small amount I actually talk to on here or whatnot.

Is it easy to delete friends with Android yet?
  • linsey_nichole
    14 posts
    edited May 2013
    I have a sense of humor, and tend to have a sailor mouth. Curse words wouldn't upset me like the egg-art word left in my town did. Grrrr. People suck. Oh well.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • linsey_nichole
    14 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thank you tons "username 5641" for the reporting info. You are a whole bunch of awesome.
  • paullloydjo
    47 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't mean to be rude, but I think you need go grow a thicker skin. I wouldn't waste any time on this, collect the eggs and move on.
  • varejka555
    18 posts
    edited May 2013
    Before May, 9 when i thought that W/event was about to end, i donated all my eggs to some of my friends. And since i was trading with 2 people on a regular basis, I decided to give them a message that i'm done and have no eggs. So i wrote "NO EGGS" with bushes.
    Some of my very nice friends still left 2-3 eggs in the middle of the letters and it was really amusing :)

and then in the morning i was really shocked to find some strange figure (can't really say what it was..) in my town and words "SUCK IT" written with eggs..

so.. BE A MAN, SHOW US YOUR FACE, YOU FUNNY GUY!
    OR AT LEAST BE A LITTLE GIRL AND DELETE YOURSELF FROM MY FRIENDS QUIETLY!

• ecneralc
    3182 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I've seen some pretty awful stuff from eggs but I've also seen people write awful messages in their own towns with hedges and such like "f Jews" but was actually spelt out needless to say but that friend was deleted.
  • Jeebus42
    246 posts
    edited May 2013
    Anonymity + Internet = total *zzhat
  • linsey_nichole
    14 posts
    edited May 2013
    I can appreciate what paullloydjo means by grow a thicker skin. But posting this helped me get suggestions of how to at least help prevent this. I just wanted to know if there was a way to still get the notifications that I had a visitor. So then I could at least get rid of them if it happened again. And yes, get over it and move on. Deleting all my friends is overkill, but "f" "a" "g" was enough to ask for advice, to me that is highly offensive.
  • Dyl26
    171 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sorry to hear that, some people go to far with their joking and don't know when they've crossed a line. Don't think too much into it they probably just had to much free time on their hands to pull this stupid stunt and didn't think too deeply into it.
  • ozwald5
    231 posts
    edited May 2013
    I've had a VERY large obscenity spelled out in eggs toward the beginning of the event and I was quite impressed with the amount of time and eggs they spent to make it happen.
    Before breaking out the pitchforks and torches, we have to remember that there are plenty of children playing this game and kids will be kids. I think it's much more likely that some kid thought they were being funny by being offensive, rather than some adult trying to make any kind of philosophical statement.

Worse case scenario:
    A Bigoted **** left you some eggs. So what? They still gifted you something. If you stepped outside in the morning, looked down and saw piles of cash spelling the most offensive thing you can imagine, would you demand an apology or thank them for the money? :?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.