EA Forums - Banner

How to run TSTO on your PC

Replies

• mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    JRSly wrote:
    Oh, I didn't think about Macs, maybe try the other modifier key, it's been a long time since I've used one...whatever the equivalent of Control is...Apple? Option?

I'd assume the functionality is still there, just a matter of the right key.

It's the Command key, usually.
  • philiweiss
    378 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    So with this Bluestacks, which is an Android emulator, you can access your town from your iOS device on your PC? Or do you have to start a new town?
  • TheAdipose
    37 posts
    edited May 2013
    I made a video about this a few days ago that some of you might find helpful for installing or troubleshooting.

In answer to some of the questions above - yes you can login to your origin account and continue your city (or start a new one with a new account). I found that for zooming in if I held control and spun the wheel FAST it gave me the result I wanted, but spinning slowly didnt do much - or just selected a random building. I think its probably because a 'part' gesture kinda starts with a tap so the game/emulator has problems knowing which you are doing.

I found visually the game emu's perfectly (as you can see in the vid) but the sound was choppy.
  • eddy96
    8 posts
    edited May 2013
    Ive been playing Tapped out with bluestacks for the last couple days and it works flawlessly! So much better than my ipad 3... everything loads really fast and its much easier to click snakes and place eggs. Ive also been able to log out of the game on bluestacks and open it up on my ipad with no issues
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    This works with Windows 7?
  • Thy21
    9 posts
    edited May 2013
    i just tried it, because i was sick of it to load my iPhone....

and it works!!! i logged in to my origin account an its awesome!

thank you!
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thy21 wrote:

thank you!
    Have you used Windows 8? Or 7?
  • kelekod
    415 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Thy21 wrote:

thank you!

I got it to work, and I only have Windows 7.
    I'm GamerGD3. Lost all 3000+posts for my (now) former name.
  • Thy21
    9 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thy21 wrote:

thank you!

i used mac osx. but i think on win7/8 it will be working better.
  • TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited May 2013
    How about Vista? I know I know...ancient history. But that'd still be pretty cool.
  • PlacentaSandwich
    1148 posts
    edited May 2013
    Working fine for me on Windows 7.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited May 2013
    i need some help, i just downloaded it, was loading and everything... after a while i restared my computer. and so when i go to open Blue stack my screen just flashes... and nothing happens it doesn't open or anything.

meed a bit of help? is it my anti virus or something?
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    How do I 'save' my springfield? When I try to load my account on origin it tells me my other device did not save my springfield and gives me an option to play.
  • oman2302
    50 posts
    edited May 2013
    i need some help, i just downloaded it, was loading and everything... after a while i restared my computer. and so when i go to open Blue stack my screen just flashes... and nothing happens it doesn't open or anything.

meed a bit of help? is it my anti virus or something?
    Try right clicking the icon for bluestacks in the task manager or whatever its called at the bottom right of your screen and click restart bluestacks
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited May 2013
    it doesn't even open. it's not in task manager or at the bottom of the screen it wont open
  • oman2302
    50 posts
    edited May 2013
    it doesn't even open. it's not in task manager or at the bottom of the screen it wont open

Maybe you should uninstall it and try downloading it again to see if that helps
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited May 2013
    It work but won't load on ny computer now... This sucks.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    kmendo88 wrote:
    How do I 'save' my springfield? When I try to load my account on origin it tells me my other device did not save my springfield and gives me an option to play.

Just hit the play now option, and you'll be fine. It always says that when you switch between devices.
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited May 2013
    The software is working for me but it loaded up a random mid-level town that wasn't mine with thousands of snakes slithering around.

Just gonna stop before I have more origin problems. I'll wait till tomorrow to see if the dropping continues to try anything different.
  • hugodl
    74 posts
    edited May 2013
    i have two Springfields, one on iPad where I play fair lol, and the other one was this, with bluestacks and a hack where everything is free.

The problem is that with the update the hack stopped working :( anyone know what to do? should i just wait for a patch or something?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.