EA Forums - Banner

The Simpsons: Tapped Out Bugs and Issues Thread

Replies

• SUPERJ23
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    Can't get to friend's page. Can't even see the pages of friends' Springfields. It hangs and then tells me to retry. Obviously having network problems, as I also get kicked out repeatedly while in my own Springfield. When will this be fixed?
  • Sirenyard
    2 posts
    edited November 2012
    SUPERJ23 wrote:
    Can't get to friend's page. Can't even see the pages of friends' Springfields. It hangs and then tells me to retry. Obviously having network problems, as I also get kicked out repeatedly while in my own Springfield. When will this be fixed?

Yeah, am also having unrelenting issues since thanksgiving update. Game *always* crashes on freinds page, and often crashes while in my home town. Have tried deleting app, logging in/out of origin, etc. The only thing I haven't tried was deleting all of my neighbors (as one person claimed was a fix)... Would rather not have to deal with that.
  • Tahaw
    11 posts
    edited November 2012
    Friends page issue seems to be caused by Friends who haven't updated to the thanksgivings yet. Some have fixed it by removing those friends who have not visited in the last few days.

I only had a few friends so I dumped the entire list and it fixed it. (add me if you wish)
  • Gilgorath
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    Every time I try to visit my friends, the game crashes.
  • aeaem
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I still cannot connect. It got worse as in completely hosed after the thanksgiving update. Yea, I purchased the balloons and am still grouchy about losing my level 16 game a few weeks ago. But I built it back up. Still missing maggie, though.

Everything I do at any stage send me back to Bart and his retry. I have not been able to get in at all for a couple of days.
    PLEASE fix your servers and networks and software bugs. Shoddy software and bad hardware are NOT OK.

<rant from curmudgeon> I've been writing software since arpanet was the only game in town. Quickly written and untested software is a horribly common habit these days. Especially with apps. If I had made those junior mistakes when I was junior it would have cost thousands or millions of bucks to have something go wrong. Do it right not do it quickly. OK I'm done.
    </rant>

Sometime real soon I'm going to give up on this stupid game BECAUSE I CAN'T GET IN TO PLAY IT and because my achievements AND PAYMENTS are lost.
  • dlrider63
    4 posts
    edited November 2012
    i too am about to give up on this game. Used to be an avid PAYING zynga player but all their screw ups led me to stop playing, THis game , while i love it, is full of screw ups too, and yet they want my money for all these donuts, which disappear on me frequently. Havent been able to access anything but my screen for 2 1/2 days and they cant even be bothered to post a 'we are working on this message". between that and the lack of option to trade treats for $$, this is about to become one of those games I used to play
  • haks1697
    2 posts
    edited November 2012
    Over 48 hours not being able to connect to the game! What the hell EA!? Get it together or at least tell your customers what is going on.
  • Albertvdwal
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    this "black-box" experience is quite frustrating...
    did they made any anouncement when the game will be back up? longest i have been in the game is for like 5 seconds.

i wonder if they tested this new update before releasing it to everyone...
  • SaferSerpico
    25 posts
    edited November 2012
    Can' t visit my friends... And the Game crashes one time each time i log in
  • Azurfale
    71 posts
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem, 1 crash each login and when I try to visit friends it crashes as soon as the screen comes up.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    So... Is this being fixed? Any status update? :evil:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • metalzone58
    15 posts
    edited November 2012
    Azurfale wrote:
    I am having the same problem, 1 crash each login and when I try to visit friends it crashes as soon as the screen comes up.

Same issue here!!!!! ****
  • robkeri911
    7 posts
    edited November 2012
    Found on another thread that if you delete friends and get down to around 10, you'll fix the problem. I did and it worked. Now in the process of adding friends back as this is a fast way to get XPs relatively quickly. Also, it is easier and faster to remove friends from your account while on a PC through the Origin/EA site. Hope this helps.
  • Azurfale
    71 posts
    edited November 2012
    Just confirming this solution works, deleted most of my friends and now it works. Sorry if you didn't make the cut.
  • lxhford
    3 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm also having the common problem of not being able to visit any of my friends. I am willing to go through and delete everyone if necessary. But I don't want to do that! I like my friends. :( I hope EA will do something and get this fixed soon.
  • peter_norway
    1 posts
    edited November 2012
    Found a small bug. I have put my Mayan Calendar in the Store. When I open the Store and click the "i" for info on the Mayan Calendar, the game crashes out to the iPad home screen. Have been able to repeat this bug multiple times.
  • edited November 2012
    I don't understand why this is so hard to fix. I just wanna play. I heard deleting friends would help and work, but I deleted my friends and I'm still getting the "cannot connect to server" message. If I log out of origin, I can play anonymously, but not in my own account. That's stupid. Come on EA step up your game or you will lose many customers!
  • Ffrogg
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    So I guess EA doesn't want us to play the Simpsons game any more. Is there any point to keeping this app? None of us have been able to play for a week and it doesn't seem like anything is getting done. Hope they worked hard on that update we don't get to see!
  • Colm-OD
    2 posts
    edited November 2012
    LITIGATION seems to be our only avenue of recourse.....let the games begin!
  • Cali-83183
    3 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm having same issue as others....every time I click to visit friends it crashes. So etimes when I click on my own town to do something it crashes telling. E it can't connect to the server. Not a very happy bunny and I notice some of my donuts - which I paid for have gone AWOL. Grrrrr!