EA Forums - Banner

Springfield coming to Universal Studios Orlando

Prev1345
Rosshk
729 posts Member
Rosshk wrote:
"Springfield is coming to Universal Orlando Resort! An all-new Simpsons-themed area will open at Universal Studios Florida this summer – allowing guests to step into the world of The Simpsons like never before.

It will be the only place in the world where you can walk the streets of Springfield, grab a Krusty-certified meat sandwich at Krusty Burger, go nuts for donuts at Lard Lad, imbibe at Moe’s Tavern and more! Plus there will be Duff Beer – brewed exclusively for Universal Orlando - and a new attraction called Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl that will take you “foolish humans” on an intergalactic spin designed to send you into orbit!"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151462094232852&set=a.208747882851.130990.90867402851&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf

I am only a couple hours from Orlando.... This is very interesting. Hmmmmm...

Thanks for the post!

Replies

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Woohoo! Another reason for me to visit Universal Studios Orlando! :D
  • show416
    28 posts
    edited May 2013
    When does it open!!
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    show416 wrote:
    When does it open!!

It just says "2013". I thought I read somewhere else it'd be ready around Sept. I know they've been working on it for a while now.
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_lfca8jJard1qfi0ijo1_400.gif
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Can't wait to see my favorite superhero Duffman! :D
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    That's dope.. Definitely gotta check it out next time there. I want a Krusty Burger now lol
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited May 2013

Hopefully he'll be serving beers saying, "Duffman is here to refill your beer!"
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited May 2013

I'm not sure if they'll have a character in a suit, or if its just a statue. You can see the Simpson Family suits in that pic. They've always been there.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    bryantvb84 wrote:

Hopefully he'll be serving beers saying, "Duffman is here to refill your beer!"

+1 LOL
  • TheGreatOne76
    43 posts
    edited May 2013
    Bah! I miss living in Orlando!
  • jturner10536
    108 posts
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the post!

wooohooo! me too. im sooo there.

still under construction.

thats Cletus's chicken shack between moes and KwikEmart
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    I love that place. We'll be going back soon, methinks.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited May 2013
    It does look good. Id like to go see that
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6292 posts Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I'm in Miami & will definitely be there as soon as they open it. Would be cool to get exclusive content for Tapped Out for visiting the park
  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I've been to universal a number of times, since they did the ride and Kwik e mart. I'm trying to remember exactly what is in that part of the park at the moment bum sure all the stuff on the waterfront is currently just a few carts for drinks etc. they must be building right onto the water.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013

Thanks for the post!

wooohooo! me too. im sooo there.

still under construction.

thats Cletus's chicken shack between moes and KwikEmart

Hope we'll get a Chicken Shack in TSTO! Love hot wings! :D

• SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    Will it replace Amity or World Expo (amity was shut down and World Expo is where the Simpsons Ride is.)
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm going in August this year, if it opens in September ill be so p...ed, I mean really? It looks amazing.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    I'm going in August this year, if it opens in September ill be so p...ed, I mean really? It looks amazing.

It may open this Fall in time to celebrate The Simpsons' 25th anniversary! How time flies! I'm 25 years older now, too! :)
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    L_B_123XD wrote:

It may open this Fall in time to celebrate The Simpsons' 25th anniversary! How time flies! I'm 25 years older now, too! :)
    I'm off on the 20th of August to the third of September, I'm so close to its potential opening, if I'm there and they open it in like on the 5th ill be so annoyed. And I probably won't be able to go again for a few years after that too.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!