EA Forums - Banner

Feeling Swindled !! Gil Donut Offer - Purchased donut's within last 24 hours

If you went to a store in town and bought something, then you saw it the next day for a cheaper price on sale, you wouldn't then go back and say 'I want the difference in price back because it's on sale today and not yesterday'

I know it's a bit of a downer, but that's how sales are with everything, and purchasing stuff in general.

Replies

• mrnohnaimers
    24 posts
    edited May 2013
    stuart0wen wrote:
    If you went to a store in town and bought something, then you saw it the next day for a cheaper price on sale, you wouldn't then go back and say 'I want the difference in price back because it's on sale today and not yesterday'

in the US you would. Most retailers usually allow price adjustment within 30 days after purchase and even for the ones that do not allow price adjustment in their policies they will usually honor such adjustment if requested (eg Amazon, Newegg etc)
  • Canyoneerroo
    60 posts
    edited May 2013
    stuart0wen wrote:

in the US you would. Most retailers usually allow price adjustment within 30 days after purchase and even for the ones that do not allow price adjustment in their policies they will usually honor such adjustment if requested (eg Amazon, Newegg etc)

Totally true. Target, Walmart and really any major store does this. They do it so you can feel comfortable with the price of the product and keep you shopping with them. It works.
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    It is worth a shot to contact Apple get a refund and then purchase the sale. Worse thing they can say is say no. Other users have said Apple refunds money one time no questions asked. If you are using Droid, just ignore my post, lol.
  • Henchman0
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    My problem is slightly different. Gil showed up and I bought 300 donuts but I never got them. It's been almost 12 hours and the only thing i received is the email confirmation for payment. Really wanna buy some stuff with those...
  • ohserin
    106 posts
    edited May 2013
    It is worth a shot to contact Apple get a refund and then purchase the sale. Worse thing they can say is say no. Other users have said Apple refunds money one time no questions asked. If you are using Droid, just ignore my post, lol.

I know for a fact you can do the same with the Google Play store. With a different app, I purchased an in-app add on that ended up not even working and I emailed them about a refund. They will refund the money once, but if you purchase again, they will not. They were very nice and super fast about it. I doubt you even need a very good reason and they will refund your money.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.