EA Forums - Banner

EA can you please make more ways to gain DONUTS that does not cost real money ?

Replies

• runlola19
    71 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I am not at all "complaining" either, I also think that they could do like some of their other games and maybe let ya get a couple here and there for watching videos, doing surveys, or any of that REALLY ANNOYING LOOONNNNG stuff that you can do to earn Premium Currency. Just a thought.
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited May 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    I've bought a couple boatloads myself and still agree with the OP. 8)

They don't cost EA a frickin thing to give out free donuts and the more free samples the more excitement and buzz is generated, more goodwill is generated and happy customers tell their friends.

This is a basic tenant of business and would certainly not effect EA's bottom line in a negative way, in fact it would more than likely have a positive effect.

I also dont see the need to attack the OP for having a thought, need or desire that is different than the "EA groupthink" that sometimes permeates this forum.

Give it a rest. Geez.

Some good points. :thumbup:

Thank you! 8)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    DavidGI99I wrote:
    I saw a suggestion somewhere on here relating to watching videos to get donuts. Would get us donuts at no extra cost and benefit EA as well. Would be very pleased if they did that.

One way or another, your going to pay for something. If its not donuts,it's your data on Internet usage.
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I have no problem with paying for donuts but some of the prices (donuts) are way too much for the premium items. I think at most, a building with character should be 100; a building alone at 50-75; a single character 40-50 etc.

With a ridiculous time frame for it.

What?? :!:
  • redwagonner
    91 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I have no problem with paying for donuts but some of the prices (donuts) are way too much for the premium items. I think at most, a building with character should be 100; a building alone at 50-75; a single character 40-50 etc. [/quote

To go a step further, I think non speaking characters should be cheaper than talking ones. (Lookin at you, Shauna)
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Vs1976 wrote:
    I have no problem with paying for donuts but some of the prices (donuts) are way too much for the premium items. I think at most, a building with character should be 100; a building alone at 50-75; a single character 40-50 etc. [/quote

To go a step further, I think non speaking characters should be cheaper than talking ones. (Lookin at you, Shauna)

Yes Shauna is quite expensive. 90 donuts is sure not a great value.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2013

They don't cost EA a frickin thing to give out free donuts and the more free samples the more excitement and buzz is generated, more goodwill is generated and happy customers tell their friends.

This is a basic tenant of business and would certainly not effect EA's bottom line in a negative way, in fact it would more than likely have a positive effect.

I also dont see the need to attack the OP for having a thought, need or desire that is different than the "EA groupthink" that sometimes permeates this forum.

Give it a rest. Geez.

I don't think anyone's attacking the OP. It's just that this comes up fairly often, and maybe people should just start ignoring the posts rather than responding for a 5th or 6th time-- maybe that's coming through a little. At any rate, it's ridiculously expensive to put something like this together and to maintain it, update it, fix it, etc. And yet you can play for free if you want, which a lot of people do and every one of them is a loser for EA-- but that's the hook, the marketing, the "tell your friends". So the ones that DO pay have to make up the lost revenue, which makes it seem expensive. I'm not saying EA isn't making a profit, but they're entitled to it and shouldn't be expected to reduce it to make the players who generate no or little revenue happy.
  • Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited May 2013
    Agree whole-heartedly with the OP and Counter Sniper. A cool idea would be on top of the Mystery Box already rewarded after five consecutive days of play, after another five days of play, we could be rewarded with a "Donut-Only" mystery box, where you could either get 5, 10 or 15 donuts, or whatever.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Agree whole-heartedly with the OP and Counter Sniper. A cool idea would be on top of the Mystery Box already rewarded after five consecutive days of play, after another five days of play, we could be rewarded with a "Donut-Only" mystery box, where you could either get 5, 10 or 15 donuts, or whatever.

I like
  • Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    Long term repeat play should be rewarded with donuts. Not a lot but the donut box idea above is good. Oraybe an occasional donut reward quest for collecting shop rent etc. 1 donut reward.
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited May 2013
    What I would like EA to do is hold a little event. Simply log in every Thursday(normally the day EA updates) and receive 10 donuts. For a bonus, play just an hour and recieve 25 donuts! :D
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited May 2013
    Well gee I'm not really complaining seeing as I have spent my own money I'm just was putting an idea out there.
    but your idea is stupid and it's not going to happen. this is a free game. premium items are just that. premium. if you don't want to spend money on them, dont. but don't cry that you dont get them. those of us that do buy donuts are paying for you to play this game for free.
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited May 2013
    shaygitz wrote:

Give it a rest. Geez.

I don't think anyone's attacking the OP. It's just that this comes up fairly often, and maybe people should just start ignoring the posts rather than responding for a 5th or 6th time-- maybe that's coming through a little. At any rate, it's ridiculously expensive to put something like this together and to maintain it, update it, fix it, etc. And yet you can play for free if you want, which a lot of people do and every one of them is a loser for EA-- but that's the hook, the marketing, the "tell your friends". So the ones that DO pay have to make up the lost revenue, which makes it seem expensive. I'm not saying EA isn't making a profit, but they're entitled to it and shouldn't be expected to reduce it to make the players who generate no or little revenue happy.

What I think you are missing is that EA and the paying players NEED the free players just like the free players NEED paying players. I personally have played free and paid for many freemium games so maybe my experiences are testimony to this.

Popularity and profitability go hand in hand and the game is as popular as it is because of all the free players that downloaded the game propelling it to the top of the charts which of course attracted money players who can afford to buy donuts which then propelled it to the top of the financial charts.

Freemium games die when they lose their base and drop off the charts. Giving out some free donuts is a no brainer IMO.

Giving out donuts to free players reduces their profits how exactly? They cost EA nothing to generate and even if 99% of those recipients still never buy donuts it still doesn't impact their income. In fact they just increased sales of free players by 1% using my example. Even if none of them buy any donuts at all for every friend they tell about the game its another potential customer. They get word of mouth free advertising for giving out some pixels to their customers.

It's a win, win situation.

• Linky2g
    665 posts
    edited May 2013
    also the more small numbers of free donuts they give out the more chances they have at converting non paying customers to paying customers.

if you had 1 donut short of the amount to get a premium building you liked your chances of buying a $1 scratcher increase a lot.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2013

What I think you are missing is that EA and the paying players NEED the free players just like the free players NEED paying players. I personally have played free and paid for many freemium games so maybe my experiences are testimony to this.

Popularity and profitability go hand in hand and the game is as popular as it is because of all the free players that downloaded the game propelling it to the top of the charts which of course attracted money players who can afford to buy donuts which then propelled it to the top of the financial charts.

Freemium games die when they lose their base and drop off the charts. Giving out some free donuts is a no brainer IMO.

Giving out donuts to free players reduces their profits how exactly? They cost EA nothing to generate and even if 99% of those recipients still never buy donuts it still doesn't impact their income. In fact they just increased sales of free players by 1% using my example. Even if none of them buy any donuts at all for every friend they tell about the game its another potential customer. They get word of mouth free advertising for giving out some pixels to their customers.

It's a win, win situation.

I think we're in agreement on your first point, as I said earlier that EA obviously recognizes the importance of the free player and is more than willing to make the investment. But asking how giving away free donuts reduces EA's profits (they're just pixels after all!) completely loses sight of the very delicate and precise fulcrum on which the profitability of a "freemium" game rests. EA already gives away donuts in an attempt to convert the free player into a premium one, and the number isn't capricious-- it's well-researched. Too few and you risk the free player losing interest, too many and it impacts sales (and profits). Whatever you think of the formula EA has settled on, it's obviously working for them-- digital sales are the bright spot is the company's numbers the past few quarters, with packaged games sales off by double digits.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Linky2g wrote:
    Long term repeat play should be rewarded with donuts. Not a lot but the donut box idea above is good. Oraybe an occasional donut reward quest for collecting shop rent etc. 1 donut reward.

What would be good is if people who have lard lads receive a donut a week or 3 donuts a fortnight or something like that, you just collect it like you do your money.
  • jaytay777
    190 posts
    edited May 2013
    Why would ea reward long term play? They're in it to make money. All they care about is selling donuts. They value someone who started playing today and bought $5.00 worth of donuts than someone who plays every hour for a year for free.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Linky2g wrote:

What would be good is if people who have lard lads receive a donut a week or 3 donuts a fortnight or something like that, you just collect it like you do your money.

Now see, THAT makes sense-- a premium item throws off premium currency. Not a lot, but enough to incentivize the initial purchase. God knows the Asia de Cuba should be good for something :D
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    shaygitz wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Linky2g wrote:

Now see, THAT makes sense-- a premium item throws off premium currency. Not a lot, but enough to incentivize the initial purchase. God knows the Asia de Cuba should be good for something :D

That's right it would make people buy it as for Asia de Cuba it's just a decoration like sir put alots,el chemistri and the ice cream shops just to name a couple.
  • shaygitz
    1009 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:

That's right it would make people buy it as for Asia de Cuba it's just a decoration like sir put alots,el chemistri and the ice cream shops just to name a couple.

Yes, my point-- it's a premium item that currently does nothing but throw off in-game currency.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.