EA Forums - Banner

Do you delete neighbors??

Replies

• GeekJen
    38 posts
    edited May 2013
    I deleted a few people with horribly, **** towns. Just abominations, like everything cramped into each other, randomly thrown somewhere, no streets, no style, no planning, house farmers with hundreds of houses. It literally hurt my eyes when I visited them.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    Oatmeal832 wrote:
    Potentially dumb newbie question: what's the easiest way to tell who's visiting my Springfield and helping me get points/cash?
    You can't. Some "social" game, eh? ;)
  • pharrah2003
    920 posts
    edited May 2013
    To delete or not to delete neighbors is completely up to you.

I prefer to have neighbors that play often and have a decent town.
    I mentally mark certain people when it seems that their guys are not on task a lot. If over a week or two their guys are not on task and their town is not improving, I tend to delete them. i go through and delete such neighbors about once a month or every two months. Now that I have been on the forum, I have been making more neighbors that are on the forum which is nice especially when the next event arises because then I can coordinate with them in regards to the event.

If you need to delete neighbor due to their lack of activity, do feel free to. There are many people on the forum that would be happy to be your neighbor and are very active. Just add yourself to the primary Add Me threads now and then and you will get filled up fast with neighbors.

Hope that helps. :)
  • mike_k737
    28 posts
    edited May 2013
    How can you tell how long it's been since a friend has logged in to play their town? Where do find that info? I haven't been able to find it. (I'm on Andriod version.) Also, how can you tell which friends are actually visiting your town and which aren't?
  • GeekJen
    38 posts
    edited May 2013
    mike_k737 wrote:
    How can you tell how long it's been since a friend has logged in to play their town? Where do find that info?

- Click on the friends button (Bart&Milhouse)
    - Click on the orange Origin button
    - Go to "my friends".

done.
    mike_k737 wrote:
    Also, how can you tell which friends are actually visiting your town and which aren't?

You can't. Not really. Except excluding people who weren't online a long time.
  • mike_k737
    28 posts
    edited May 2013
    GeekJen wrote:
    - Click on the friends button (Bart&Milhouse)
    - Click on the orange Origin button
    - Go to "my friends".

done.

The orange Origin button must only be on the Apple versions and not available on the Andriod version of TSTO (at least it's doesn't show up on my phone). I think I remember seeing the different setup on a friends' iPad, but I'm not finding it anywhere on this phone. Does anyone know if that is correct, and how to tell how long it's been since a friend has logged in to play their town using the Andriod version of TSTO?
  • drilette
    18 posts
    edited May 2013
    I typically delete after 2/3 weeks 1 mth max.
    Who knows if one goes on a vacation or what nots I give the benefit of the doubt.

I think i may trim down my list as well, I've noticed lots of ppl with house farms and it can be very annoying
    especially with the whacking day event.

Granted I do have a mini house farm... but its like 4 rows an about 10 down with a total of 40~ houses but that's the max I have done, and I have put it away far away.
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited May 2013
    Z94wzE60x8 wrote:
    I just checked my friends list and there's a couple who haven't been on in a month. Now I know things happen so I don't like deleting people. Especially when people were deleting people after 2 days or so during the whole valentines day thing. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks and couldn't have my phone because my fianc? and I share it. I was worried I'd get deleted.

So should you delete people at all? Or give it a long while? Of so how long?
    I only add active people from he forums who have been here awile. SO I no they're in it for the long run.. I do keep an eye on the times there in. But every one on my list vist there town at least once a day :mrgreen:
  • dellagregg
    42 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't know how to delete. There are a few I would like to get rid of. The ones who have been in my list for a month or more and had no changes. I am on a Galaxy Note 2, so Android and haven't been able to figure out how to delete. I play daily (obsessevely). I am level 30 and I am a premium player. I wouldn't delete after only a week because I myself have had to stop playing for a while when I left my phone in Florida after a small vacation to see family and had to have my phone mailed back to me. But I do want to knew how to get rid of those that obviously don't play.
  • Mitcheeelll
    28 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm just about to do a small purge on neighbours I have seen no activity on. I have given them almost a month and no movement. I think this is a fair amount of time. Feel free to add me if u like. I'm a daily player and an almost daily visitor to neighbours. I do have a small house farm but its only so I can save up for more land. It doesn't detract from my town as a whole though I intend to move it outside the boundaries as I buy more land then get rid of completely.
  • TITCHIEMAGOO
    1 posts
    edited June 2013
    Im still collecting neighbors at the min and have noticed the house farming and the ott ones were everythings just shoved in, really not keen on these, so im after neighbors like me. I take my time to plan mine out, no house farming and ready for future buildings im waiting to get, Im on several times every day so, if you like the way I do things please add me. tichiemagoo :D

Ps please note my Id is missing the T as the origin id wouldn allow the T in my xbox profile tag lol :roll:
  • A_KidAndHisCape
    301 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    GeekJen wrote:
    I deleted a few people with horribly, **** towns. Just abominations, like everything cramped into each other, randomly thrown somewhere, no streets, no style, no planning, house farmers with hundreds of houses. It literally hurt my eyes when I visited them.

THIS.....

Number 1 reason!! Some are so bad an uninspired that I find myself wondering why they're even playing the game or that maybe they're just 5 years old. I have way too much money so I don't need to visit friends often nor do they need to visit me but when I do I like to see a little creativity.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I deleted people who haven't played in a week. However with the Harp of Death effecting so many people if they are on level 26 I don't delete them because they probably are unable to play.

I love love LOVE your avatar. OMG! I love Doctor Who and I can't wait for the 50th anniversary special
  • dellagregg
    42 posts
    edited June 2013
    ok so lets try this again. can someone please tell me how to delete people from the game? I have a few I want to get rid of and dont know how. oh and please excuse the typos from my previous post... doggone auto correct.
  • quakesn1per
    62 posts
    edited June 2013
    Once they go inactive for a week or more I delete them and add a new one. Most of my new neighbors are in the lower levels which I think is great since they are working hard and more active then the maxed out people (including myself).
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    Yes I delete, if they've not been in the game for about 2-3 weeks.
  • swmwshrk
    139 posts
    edited June 2013
    I deleted all my neighbors after whacking day since I got few eggs yet I gave away thousands. I then readded different people who I can communicate with for future events. I will delete anyone who doesn't help out a neighbor.
  • Sudorana
    12 posts
    edited June 2013
    how do you check who or who hasn't been on the game?
  • swmwshrk
    139 posts
    edited June 2013
    Sudorana wrote:

No new buildings, characters just walking around and not doing tasks. There are some other things to look for too.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    Sudorana wrote:

U can also check in the news tab when ur in friends
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.