EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only Old Fart playing this game?

1235Next

Replies

• Pixxxa
    429 posts
    edited May 2013
    Nisajane wrote:
    Just turned 44 and had my daughter 7 months ago. My 9 year old got me into this and I play more than he does :)

LOL... Then his plan worked! Now that you're preoccupied... :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
  • mcdl1450
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    36 years old here... and I don´t dare thinking about this app as childish
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited May 2013
    26 for me. Ugh!
  • bkopp1
    353 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    53.5 as of this week. Older than the average player I guess.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Hello Old Fart! (your words, not mine) :D
  • LettuceNTomatos
    35 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't find it odd for the older generation to be submerged into The Simpsons culture. The Simpsons, much like the sitcom Roseanne, originally was masked as a "family" show that also catered towards the older audience with it's own subtext (in each episode) on issues such as social class, family bonds, infidelity, domestic violence, obesity in America and etc. Most oblivious case of this older audience catering, besides the sublime sexual references, is the sprinkling of late 60-70's era (aka Generation X) references like the Carpenters, the Beatles and Jimmy Hendrix.

TL;DR: The Simpsons was made for Generation X, so don't feel ashamed of being the Old Fart who enjoys the show.
  • Lukeyboy554
    31 posts
    edited May 2013
    I actually think there are more "Older" players than Young it seems! I'm 18 and looks like I'm in the minority :P :shock:
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited May 2013
    Nope... I'm 34 and play multiple times a day, got my Mom addicted to this crack-addict game and she's pushing 70 (which still isn't old btw)

Mom playing-that is awesome! :thumbup:

I am 40, in college we had our ritual Sunday night Simpsons viewing party-so great, lots of shall we say "fun stuff" going on during those get togethers. Also the era of Herman's Head, Get A Life and In Living Color on Sundays, good times!!! :mrgreen:
  • chucknukles
    29 posts
    edited May 2013
    48 and cant wait

come on updates :?:
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    I might be an old fart and I'm 33. :(
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited May 2013
    Sigh. It takes me 2 hours to upload a photo. :(
  • hasanmohamma
    1801 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    im 23 and my wife is 22
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited May 2013
    cjryder625 wrote:
    my brain thinks I'm a teenager. I try not to think about how old my body is :roll:

Lmao!
    Yep... Feel like this on a daily basis!
  • cathyfitz245
    43 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm definitely NOT an old fart, and not the oldest that has posted (but really close), but I'm a 61 YO female that loves this game. And yes, my brain is younger than my body~!
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited May 2013
    tlindfors wrote:
    Nope... I'm 34 and play multiple times a day, got my Mom addicted to this crack-addict game and she's pushing 70 (which still isn't old btw)

Mom playing-that is awesome! :thumbup:

I am 40, in college we had our ritual Sunday night Simpsons viewing party-so great, lots of shall we say "fun stuff" going on during those get togethers. Also the era of Herman's Head, Get A Life and In Living Color on Sundays, good times!!! :mrgreen:

Haha, In Living Color! Loved that show!
    And yeah, got mom addicted and I was wrong on her age, she's 71 now. Can't believe it myself considering she's still such a kid. Of course, Aren't we all still kids at heart at least?
  • VAYA28
    51 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    sometimes i feel old - i´m 38

But i´m addicted in this game :shock:

VAYA
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.