EA Forums - Banner

Jasper & The Springfield Community Center: Are you debating on a purchase?

Prev1
Seriously debating. 120 might have been a more reasonable price. 150 is a little bit high. But I guess I'm going to cave in and buy it.

Replies

• bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited May 2013
    I went ahead and purchased this item. Very happy to have it, but like you said, the downside is noone uses it as a task, which is a bummer. But I like the way it looks and Jasper is a fun character to have.
  • bobbell234
    95 posts
    edited May 2013
    I spend the donuts to get characters that have tasks. (I stay away from the Funzos!) So even though the price seems high I'll do it. After all, ALL the content is priced too high.
  • stevieort
    608 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I purchased immediately. Can't help myself. Took advantage of Gil's deal last week 'cuz I knew this was coming. Hopefully the increase to the Bonus Multiplier will offset the Ratings decrease in Gluttony and Consumerism (which I'm not going to worry about until Squidport).
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2013
    Reasons against purchasing:

2. The building he come's with could have easily been a no-character building like Zesty's! Not so exciting!

But the building Jasper comes with wasn't a no-character building...so how is that a valid reason?
  • KyleCollins444
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    It's not exactly as exciting as the building's that you would usually pay donut's for. Very dull building.
  • dazzlesparks
    31 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm just so glad Jasper is voiced by Harry Shearer of the main cast as it means he gets a speaking role in this. Be no fun having Jasper unless he talks :)
  • KyleCollins444
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm just so glad Jasper is voiced by Harry Shearer of the main cast as it means he gets a speaking role in this. Be no fun having Jasper unless he talks :)

Thanks for bringing that up that's another valid reason to purchase.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited May 2013
    I guess community centers are usually among the finest examples of cutting edge architecture and aesthetic design. :-P
  • DukeEsqIII
    78 posts
    edited May 2013
    stevieort wrote:
    I purchased immediately. Can't help myself. Took advantage of Gil's deal last week 'cuz I knew this was coming. Hopefully the increase to the Bonus Multiplier will offset the Ratings decrease in Gluttony and Consumerism (which I'm not going to worry about until Squidport).

^Same. Lol, I didn't been think about it, I just bought it! Thank God for good 'ole Gil!!
  • HomerSwapMeet
    726 posts
    edited May 2013
    Let me guess you clicked on this post because your debating on purchasing Jasper with your precious donuts... mmmm... donuts.

Sorry, off track... Where were we? Oh right, Jasper! Jasper is a new premium character that has been delivered by EA in today's new update! Jasper has been a long awaited character for some and are most likely in joy he's been added... If your not one of those joyous Jasper fans and still not sure if you'll make the trade off with your sprinkled pastries than here are a few reasons why and why you shouldn't buy Jasper!

Reasons for purchasing:

1. Upon purchasing your delivered with a very medium sized story-line with innovative tasks!
    2. Speaking of task's 3 out of 5 are outdoor task's while the indoor one's are still very cool.
    3. His payout is 50% more than the regular character.
    4. Not only do you get Jasper but you get the Springfield Community Center a long with him!

Reasons against purchasing:

1. Jasper is a very neat character, but for 150 donuts that almost made me push away from the purchase.
    2. The building he come's with could have easily been a no-character building like Zesty's! Not so exciting!
    3. I have went through most character's and not one person use's the community center for tasks.

Notes: 3 may not be 100% correct

Nope no debate. Just bought it. :lol:
  • BlackVariant
    17 posts
    edited May 2013

This is definitely another up side.

Another down side (although small) is that the community centre is oddly sized (5 i think?). Makes placing it a bit more difficult.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    It's the first thing I bought. But I bought a boatload in preparation for the next few updates. There have been more expensive items so the price, although high, isn't that exorbitant.
  • PhenomTT
    478 posts
    edited May 2013
    while I agree the prices are a bit high.. folks should remember those Popular Voice actors demand a bit more cash for their services than some schlep off the street. thus higher costs to use in game..
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited May 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    It's the first thing I bought. But I bought a boatload in preparation for the next few updates. There have been more expensive items so the price, although high, isn't that exorbitant.
    first thing I bought was a few of them missiles they're awwwwsome lol there shud be a task for homer to ride one with a cowboy hat on lol
  • KyleCollins444
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    first thing I bought was a few of them missiles they're awwwwsome lol there shud be a task for homer to ride one with a cowboy hat on lol

+1
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Skyrim-mrp wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:

I got one too, right after I got the community center. Since they're not limited time, I'm gonna wait till after Squidport comes to see how many more I get.
  • vic147
    617 posts Member
    edited May 2013

Bought it as soon as the update came, for me it was a must have no matter what.
  • crazyant18
    57 posts
    edited May 2013
    Hey everyone finally bought some doughnuts. I have 900 and was debating if I should get jasper or wait till another update comes out. Or should I get other premium buildings/characters?
  • paul4ro
    50 posts
    edited May 2013
    PhenomTT wrote:
    while I agree the prices are a bit high.. folks should remember those Popular Voice actors demand a bit more cash for their services than some schlep off the street. thus higher costs to use in game..

What a lot of nonsense. They could simply take existing sound samples from the TV show and use those in the game.

Stop defending the EA exploitation.
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited May 2013
    I used a portion of my boatload on him and the building... not a big deal... i like the character the tasks are pretty cool, nice animations.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.