EA Forums - Banner

how are you guys so rich?

Replies

• missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the tips! is more or less what I've been doing, but I didn't realize premium chars were better than multipliers.

I only have 17%...
    kelekod wrote:
    I agree about the house farm. There are only 2 ways to go.

1) utilize the shorter tasks when you can. If you can log in every hour, using those will help a lot. Try to make a realistic schedule and try to assign tasks close to their completion. Longer they are finished and not assigned, the less money you can generate.

2) acquire more premiums. Typically, characters>buildings>decor. Characters get tasks, and earn much more than buildings. The decor is stuff like the springfield sign, greenery, etc. This gives you a bonus %. You will make additional cash from buildings (&tasks?) by just tapping on them. 1% will give you an extra buck per $100.
  • stevieort
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing since August. I have over $7MM in the bank, and that's after buying some additional land this morning; I only buy land as needed. I don't "house farm", although I do have a ton of houses in my 11.2 x 13 neighborhood. My bonus multiplier is something like 106%, so that certainly helps. I play twice a day (lately my characters are on 12- or 24-hour tasks).

I guess all this is to say be patient. House farming is certainly an option (except that it looks atrocious). I've secured every premium item there is via donut purchase, and sometimes in multiples (police cars, Channel Six news van, for some dumb reason I only obtained one of "Moe's" limos), so that's what has helped me.

Hang in there! This game rewards patience.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Many reasons:

1 - I've been playing since the 1st week of October 2012.
    2 - I have a very high multiplier due to all the premium items.
    3 - I was around for the multiplier farming
    4 - My town generates 100K day by just having them all on 24 hour tasks. I could make more if I had them on shorter tasks and constantly played the game.
    5 - I don't buy every high priced item that comes down to pipe (I did not buy the magnifying glass, for example).
  • Skyrim-mrp
    3684 posts
    edited May 2013
    I'm ritch because I built a
    Stupid farm
    but I'm not the one struggling :mrgreen: if u want money either spend money on more premiums or have a farm. Or just wait it out. Don't worry about what others think. If they delete u for having a farm dosnt matter there's plenty of others that need friends
  • vic147
    624 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The important thing here is that you have to be very patient, you will get there in time, when you finish buying all the land you will se a significant increase in your game cash, also when you reach the last level and do not need to spend money on houses, decorations etc.

Also if you want to have all stars on the confortmetr you need to have at least 30 houses on level 29, some consider this house farming, I don't beccause you need them to get the 5% and that helps a lot when collecting rent.

• FoG-1s1k
    7 posts
    edited May 2013
    kateslexis wrote:
    Why people waste their time with the brown houses is confusing to me. Sitting around collecting chump change every five minutes. Though the brown houses do look like barracks, so that helps with you want a military theme.

Chump Change? You've never seen some of the farms people have then lol.
    I added random strangers from the play store comments who just posted their usernames, and I have seen some INSANE farms.
    This one woman has over 100 browns.
    She also has all the premium chars/stuff.
    Her browns make her $15 every 5min.
    x100 (actually it's 108 but lets keep it simple).
    That's $1500 every 5 minutes.
    That's 1500x20 (number of harvests in an hour) for $18,000/per hour.
    That's not chump change.
    Considering she has 72 blue houses.
    She has 40 purple houses.
    Plus, again, every char on missions.
    And she often does 1hr missions which as everyone knows, the shorter the mission, the more money you get over time.
    IE: two 1hr missions makes more money then one 2hr mission.

Is she insane? Absolutely. But just saying.
    Another guy has somewhere around 200 browns (but no other house farms).
    It makes the town look like crap sure, but most people do it to power to a few million, and then sell them all back, or store them.
    It's just a cash gaining tactic until it's time to make the town look nice.

Also, think of it like this.
    When you start out, say you're around lvl 15 or so, whatever, you have say 10 chars (non-premium).
    A brown house with normal-ish bonuses make $7 in 5 min.
    So have just 10. That's it, only 10. That's $70/5min.
    Basically you're making as much money in 5 minutes as a char is doing when they're on a 1hr mission.
    Over an hour those measly 10 houses will make you $840.
    Or $140 more than all your chars combined (assuming 10 non-premium, standard chars).

SO yeah, if your ONLY goal is the accumulation of as much cash as you can, at the fastest possible way, then browns are the way to go.
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    I see... playing for a long time helps for sure! :D

I've been playing since the end of march.. but probably got addicted during whacking day. I'll be a little more patience, but everybody is mentioning limited time items in squidport I just dont want to miss them if they come. And the numbers are freaking me out.

I just added 8 blue houses to my springfield and started a mini farm. I will probably transform it into a neighborhood as soon as I can buy more land. Uhh it sure looks ugly, but I will keep them for now. However it will take 3,5 days just for them to pay themselves out. :))

maybe it will help my conform o meter since indolence is at 3,5 stars right now... and consumerism has dropped to 0,5% this morning! :O

So hard being a newbie in this game....
    stevieort wrote:
    I've been playing since August. I have over $7MM in the bank, and that's after buying some additional land this morning; I only buy land as needed. I don't "house farm", although I do have a ton of houses in my 11.2 x 13 neighborhood. My bonus multiplier is something like 106%, so that certainly helps. I play twice a day (lately my characters are on 12- or 24-hour tasks).

I guess all this is to say be patient. House farming is certainly an option (except that it looks atrocious). I've secured every premium item there is via donut purchase, and sometimes in multiples (police cars, Channel Six news van, for some dumb reason I only obtained one of "Moe's" limos), so that's what has helped me.

Hang in there! This game rewards patience.
  • borys1010
    2 posts
    edited May 2013
    I guess people have been playing for a looong time now, and they've found new ways to make the money faster. A couple of people on my friends list have huge house farms, that when i tap on them sometimes my game crashes. I'm sure they make the money, but the town looks horrible and all the quest buildings are squashed up.
  • fuzznugget77
    1037 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I had a house farm early on and it didnt really help me much,

the way i earn't my money was, put all of my spending on hold for a couple of weeks ie, during whacking day i stopped playing the main story and just carried on with whacking day, as the currency was snakes it was fairly easy not to spend
  • MelDesigner
    647 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing people mentioning their millions, or hundreds of thousands....preparing for squiqport...

I can't barely buy any building/land when i unlock them. I just built burns mansion yesterday after saving for 3days And I'm 3 buildings behind schedule. Just made to level 29th in xps.

How do you earn so much money? I have 4 premium chars + 17% bonus.

I play daily and whenever i can i set them to 60 mins tasks. Still... poor as poor can get.

Can anyone give some tips on how to earn more money? :) do you buy it with donuts?

See for yourself
    http://i.imgur.com/oumnqSB.jpg

Maybe you can add a poll to this thread to see where everyone stands.
    Taking the list from kelekod for an example.
    1. Former house farmer
    2. Got premiums early (purchased donuts early on)
    3. Abused money glitch (no longer able to)
    4. Started on day 1
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    I guess you need to be a level 2 do place polls because I cannot find this option here. :)
    1. Former house farmer
    4. Started on day 1
  • SolarDragon2012
    13 posts
    edited May 2013
    This might sound like a rookie question, despite the fact I've been playing from Day One, but how do you check your % increase from premium items?
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    check how much do you collect in fact in gulp n blow. It gives out $100, any extras that you collect show your bonus %. 120 dollars = 20% bonus
    This might sound like a rookie question, despite the fact I've been playing from Day One, but how do you check your % increase from premium items?
  • SolarDragon2012
    13 posts
    edited May 2013
    check how much do you collect in fact in gulp n blow. It gives out $100, any extras that you collect show your bonus %. 120 dollars = 20% bonus

Ah, okay, thanks.
  • mmmmdonuts0
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Best way I've heard is through the Gulp'n'Blow. It gets you $100 a turn. Just memorize your cash amount then click on the Gul'n'Blow when it is done - subtract the old amount from the new and then subtract another 100 and you get your multiplier...I think.

I started mid March too and struggled with money and now got a mini farm since I have no premiums. I warned all my good friends and if others took me off...well, I don't care. I do Purple Houses since I can get 375 per house a day and I can be a bit flexible with it too. It helps a bit but you do have to stop buying stuff for a few days to see it add up.
  • matty68875
    29 posts
    edited May 2013
    House farmed in the beginning but now with 52 characters on tasks, not much effort to make 100k+ in a day. Premium characters and bonuses are key
  • DiNavarro89
    17 posts
    edited May 2013
    A variety of multiple houses help me, I don't have them all bunched up though (I'm not into the house farms) I also have 5 premium characters & that gives me a little $ boost. :)
  • jaffaface
    903 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing since August and was one of the people who benefited from the friend bonus, (now removed) but I've been up to date since with all levels and have invested in premium items which have helped boost my payouts, and I have a lot more buildings than the newer players ie, graveyard, bowlarama, etc, so this adds to my payout. I've been on a steady stream of money for a while, and when new updates come around, I always level up so I have quite a bit of time to make money. I rarely decorate now so I'm not spending as much either so once you reach that stage you'll find it easy to make a million in a matter of days, before you know it you have quite a few million, but whilst your still trying to level up you'll struggle to make that cash but be persistent, it will happen eventually.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I keep seeing people mentioning their millions, or hundreds of thousands....preparing for squiqport...

I can't barely buy any building/land when i unlock them. I just built burns mansion yesterday after saving for 3days And I'm 3 buildings behind schedule. Just made to level 29th in xps.

How do you earn so much money? I have 4 premium chars + 17% bonus.

I play daily and whenever i can i set them to 60 mins tasks. Still... poor as poor can get.

Can anyone give some tips on how to earn more money? :) do you buy it with donuts?

See for yourself
    http://i.imgur.com/oumnqSB.jpg

1. Former house farmer
    4. Started on day 1
    5. Combination of above.
  • missmoleman
    174 posts
    edited May 2013
    Such wonderful replies here. Thank you all!

I'm already on level 29... but mainly because I visit a lot of friends and therefore make a lot of xps, also during whacking day I saw my levels going up and up. :)

I'm still saving for wiggum house tho. a little behind, but anyway its ok. Im trying a mini farm... it looks so bad I just want to sell all the houses I've bought 2 hours ago.

:oops:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.