EA Forums - Banner

Cannot visit friend's Springfields ... Cannot connect to server ...

Replies

• rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    mossejaw wrote:
    I had to completely delete all friends to fix the problem... :hunf: Will allow me to access other Springfields now.
    I just deleted 20 and I got rid of the offender :D 100 friends is almost as good as 120. but 120 that I cant access is useless :thumbup:
  • Nhlman72
    117 posts
    edited November 2012
    Im finally able to visit friends. I took the remove friend advice. I deleted 3 at a time until I got it back. Luckily when I got to 9, I finally got my Springfield visits back. So I would recommend removing 3, then signing in and checking, rinse and repeat until you get it back.
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    Hi, I am mad and disappointed. I had to delete 25 friends 6 days ago to visit my friends. Every time I tapped on friends, the game kicked me out. Today I had to delete 30 friends. How can EA be that much ignorant? Apparently the game is not functioning as it is suppsoed to be, and EA is still offering this game without fixing problems. I really wonder how we will manage to continue to play this game without getting 'corrupted' one day. Now I am scared to be affected by a corrupted 'friend' and also to affect my current friends if I get corrupted. Good luck everyone.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • uk_clipPer
    16 posts
    edited November 2012
    For me it's not just when going to friends springfields, I'm getting it almost every time I try to play and collect from my houses and businesses.

I've been wondering whether to start deleting friends so if anyone on here gets removed, don't be offended I'm just trying to fix my game. Will advise if this works or not, also if anyone hears that this is fixed that would be great!
  • GrimReaper4383
    17 posts
    edited November 2012
    it loses connection alot. ever since i did the update for it.
  • c-rod970
    74 posts
    edited November 2012
    So tonight I am going to delete all of my friends one at a time until I find the corrupted one ... Then I am going to try and add some back ... This really sucks ... So to all my friends that have been accessing my account thanks ... Hopefully after tonight I will be able to return the favor ... Peace out ...
  • nancalmei
    215 posts
    edited November 2012
    It sucks having to delete people who aren't the cause of the problem until you find the corrupted town. Seriously, if you're cheating and getting all the free donuts and money you want then why do you even care to have friends? All you're doing is screwing things up for other people who are playing fair.
  • c-rod970
    74 posts
    edited November 2012
    Check out my solution post ...
  • mattgrondin
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    uk_clipPer wrote:
    For me it's not just when going to friends springfields, I'm getting it almost every time I try to play and collect from my houses and businesses.

I've been wondering whether to start deleting friends so if anyone on here gets removed, don't be offended I'm just trying to fix my game. Will advise if this works or not, also if anyone hears that this is fixed that would be great!

>>> I had both problems .... when I would get into the game, after about 3 houses, I'd LOSE CONNECTION and most times I'd lose the money .. but after that the game would be stable. Also, i could not connect to friends

Once I removed the bad friends -- BOTH were stable again ! I'd give removing the friends a try, from what I've seen here on the Forum that will most likely solve your problem.
  • mmreed11
    35 posts
    edited November 2012
    I fixed this on my game a few days ago. I didn't have to delete all my friends, because I knew there was one town that hadn't been working for a while. I deleted that person, and my access to all other towns came back. My son had the same issue and we fixed his problem today by deleting that same person from his friend list.

So if you have someone named Kentaro Tran on you friend list, that person's account may be causing your problem.

Otherwise, I don't know how to identify which friend is messing up your game.
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    I recently found myself in the same situation as others in this thread, unable to visit any of my friends. After deleting some 60 friends, the problem seems to be resolved -- at least for now. It hurt a bit to delete that many people; some had been decent neighbors and had fairly spiffy Springfields that I enjoyed visiting.

I notice in that in this thread and others the assumption seems to be that the problem is caused by the presence of "bad" neighbors. I'm not saying that this is a wrong-headed theory, but it's often voiced as fact. Is it? In other other words, has anyone from EA confirmed that this is what underlies the current problem?
  • didemlale
    208 posts
    edited November 2012
    BTW, if you want to get rid of pending friend requests (there is a rumor that those pending requests might also affect), go to your origin account on the internet (not on the game) and go to 'my account, and block people by typing their origin name. This action will automatically remove those pending requests.
  • jayalilly
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    I can't even log in on my iPad. And if I do (after trying for an hour or so) I cannot even load the friends page. How did you delete your friends??
  • KrustyBrand
    15340 posts Member
    edited November 2012
    jayalilly wrote:
    I can't even log in on my iPad. And if I do (after trying for an hour or so) I cannot even load the friends page. How did you delete your friends??

I've seen a couple of suggestions. One is through another EA game -- a good example in this regard is Monoply Hotels, which is a free download for the iPad. The second suggestion is through the Origin client. This is available as a download if you have some flavor of Windows.
  • mattgrondin
    12 posts
    edited November 2012
    jayalilly wrote:

The way I did it was this ---- I got into the game... then tried to go to "friends" -- it failed but brought me back to a page where I could LOG OUT --- I logged out -- then logged back in --- BUT AFTER LOGGING IN I DID ***NOT*** go back into the game --- I INSTEAD went to the friends section where I could delete them

Does that work for you ?
  • jayalilly
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    I saw there was another iPad update in iTunes so I downloaded it in good faith it may fix the problem. It didn't.

I downloaded the monopoly hotels app to access my friends list -it told me that the server was down :(

I have managed to log out and log back into origin. It's just taking it's sweet * time to actually load my friends... Hopefully I'm on my way to getting everything back to normal!

I'll be sure to let you all know. Thanks so much for your help :D
  • jayalilly
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    I deleted some people and found it helped in the normal operations of my springfield, but still have the problem of not being able to load the visiting page.

I'm just happy to have my town back!

Thanks everyone
  • maxmimimi
    33 posts
    edited November 2012
    I made everything and i still cannot visit friends
  • jayalilly
    5 posts
    edited November 2012
    Origin / EA games is aware there's a problem and they're working on it - I'm assuming it has to do with not being able to visit friends?
  • ilona73
    25 posts
    edited November 2012
    I'm having the same problem. Deleting friends did not fix anything. I haven't been able to visit friends in two days. :cry:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.