EA Forums - Banner

Ripped Off by EA!

You really should sync your game before quitting by visiting a friends town. So many people make threads like this and it all comes down to not syncing. It is poor design, I admit.

Replies

• natsfan17
    7 posts
    edited June 2013
    This is the first time that it (knowingly) happened to me. The Android version has an option to quit, but the iOS one does not; something that should be changed in a future update. You'd think that EA would learn, but clearly they don't care.
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited June 2013
    Linky2g wrote:
    You really should sync your game before quitting by visiting a friends town. So many people make threads like this and it all comes down to not syncing. It is poor design, I admit.
    True "sync" is da best! :mrgreen:
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    That's no good...maybe raise it with iTunes, to get a refund?
    Linky2g wrote:

What he said :wink:
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited June 2013
    natsfan17 wrote:
    I wanted to bring a bad experience that I've had with EA and Tapped Out to everyone's attention in the hope that nothing like this ever happens to you. A week or so ago, I decided to build the Sprawl Mart in my town, so I bought it with 90 donuts and built it in the space of my choice. I did a little landscaping around it, sent some of my characters on jobs and then quit the game.

The next day, I log in to the game to find that half of my characters are not on the jobs I put them on the night before, and my Sprawl Mart is gone, as are the landscaping changes I made around it. Safe to assume that my game, somehow, didn't save properly. The 90 donuts I spent were still debited from my account (of course that doesn't get lost), so I contacted EA. The first two replies from them, where they offered tech support and clarification were received within hours, and then they said they'd escalate it to their engineers.

Almost a week later, I get an email from them saying that they have no record of the Sprawl Mart ever having been in my game or the purchase, and I am therefore out of luck, out 90 donuts. My attempts to escalate this are now being outright ignored by EA, as it seems to be clear that they have no intention of even entertaining my complaint further. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no record that I spent 90 donuts that night and I consider myself ripped off by them. As I have bought donuts several times, I would have expected better customer service, but I guess this is not the case. I'm hoping to raise awareness of what may lie ahead for you if you ever have a similar problem. EA only cares about your money, not about you or their integrity!
    EA just loves to milk their "cash cow," don't they?!
  • bryantvb84
    468 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    That doesn't sound right. EA should be able to see that you have purchased something with donuts, let alone see you bought donuts and randomly have them disappear. But like the others have said definitely sync your game, especially after making purchases.
  • SuperMario643000
    1589 posts
    edited June 2013
    EA just loves to milk their "cash cow," don't they?!

Everyone has one.

cow-eating-cash-and-fat.gif
  • ddashrock
    210 posts
    edited June 2013
    Wow I must admit there is no justification for this, and the fact you have to sync is unacceptable..

The fact their so fickle with purchases shows their integrity as a corporation to me..
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited June 2013
    bryantvb84 wrote:
    That doesn't sound right. EA should be able to see that you have purchased something with donuts, let alone see you bought donuts and randomly have them disappear. But like the others have said definitely sync your game, especially after making purchases.
    It's just outrageous! EA just likes the idea of making "dope" from customers and they don't provide great support back to us...
  • am4692
    2253 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    Linky2g wrote:

I believe you are right, I always sync my game especially when I've brought premium items.
  • MumblingReject
    104 posts
    edited June 2013
    Hmm, have you tried contacting iTunes? I hear people have better luck getting refunds from them. You should have had a receipt e-mailed to you as well. (assuming this was on an apple device)
  • shannontj
    92 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I hear you. I never got my day-old donuts that I bought during the sale (the Android glitch many people had), and after the initial response and "escalation" I haven't heard a peep. No donuts, no refund, no nothing.
  • adruralo
    3291 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Reading your story, you certainly have a right to gripe. I would not be too pleased if this happened to me.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited June 2013
    Well on a positive note....

At least the OP received horrible customer service in a much faster time frame than is normal.

Usually you have to wait much much longer before getting blown off.

We have that at least......... Right?

* nah, they still suck.
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited June 2013

At least the OP received horrible customer service in a much faster time frame than is normal.

* nah, they still suck.
    Don't be harsh on EA. They do provide us with nice updates :wink:
  • CounterSniper67
    439 posts
    edited June 2013

* nah, they still suck.
    Don't be harsh on EA. They do provide us with nice updates :wink:

Sorry, I call em like I see em.

*besides..... CS is a totally different department and they unfortunately deserve our wrath.

It's a shame the department heads don't get together to figure out how to provide a satisfying experience at all stages of the game.

I mean really, I'm no Bill Gates but perhaps hiring a CSR or 50, train them to make every customer happy and unleash them upon world. Kind of a no brainer. Would hiring those people or refunding digital donuts significantly impact EA's 50 million dollar bottom line? Hardly.

• mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'd be perfectly happy not having any new levels/big updates for a month to give them time to sort all these glitches out. I'm on iOS and had the 'harp of death' for a few days, but that sounds like nothing compared to what android get.
    The dual task glitch needs to be sorted, continuous server issues need to be sorted etc...

Sadly I can't see it happening though, new levels mean more money. Who cares if you cow is sick, as long as it can still be milked :roll:

(Ps, all livestock should be well treated)
  • XxEpicnezzxX
    1367 posts
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:
    I'd be perfectly happy not having any new levels/big updates for a month to give them time to sort all these glitches out. I'm on iOS and had the 'harp of death' for a few days, but that sounds like nothing compared to what android get.
    The dual task glitch needs to be sorted, continuous server issues need to be sorted etc...

Sadly I can't see it happening though, new levels mean more money. Who cares if you cow is sick, as long as it can still be milked :roll:

Well for server issues it has improved during this update. Thx for that EA! :thumbup: The worse server issues were during WD update. You just keep getting log out every 20 minutes or so. Also, it sucks when u receive a crash while placing for an example, 500 eggs to a neighbors' town. A nice amount would of been lost, I leaned that the hard wayxD C'mon EA fix your glitches ASAP
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited June 2013
    mpwarner wrote:

Well for server issues it has improved during this update. Thx for that EA! :thumbup: The worse server issues were during WD update. You just keep getting log out every 20 minutes or so. Also, it sucks when u receive a crash while placing for an example, 500 eggs to a neighbors' town. A nice amount would of been lost, I leaned that the hard wayxD C'mon EA fix your glitches ASAP

Yeh they've got better with the server issues.
    Not really sure they thought through the whole WD idea. I had the same problems placing eggs. Also receiving them slowed it right down, hence the item limit cap.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.