EA Forums - Banner

monorail

dcadamb
192 posts Member
As of now its just a pipe dream. It could quite possibly never come to see the light of day.

If it is coming, I highly doubt it'll be any time soon

Replies

  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    why not? the escalator, magnifying glass and the skyscraper were added.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    dcadamb wrote:
    why not? the escalator, magnifying glass and the skyscraper were added.

    Those were added months ago, one after another, if the Monorail was coming with them, it would have been soon after the Magnifying Glass. I'm not saying it's never coming, it could definitely come in the future, but to be saving space for it is a waste. Its not in the files, and there's never been any mention of it, so I can guarantee you it's not coming anytime in the next couple of months. I would love to have it too though!
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The train they had at the finale last night was nice! Don't mind paying premium for that.
  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The train they had at the finale last night was nice! Don't mind paying premium for that.
    me too
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    dcadamb wrote:
    why not? the escalator, magnifying glass and the skyscraper were added.

    Those were added months ago, one after another, if the Monorail was coming with them, it would have been soon after the Magnifying Glass. I'm not saying it's never coming, it could definitely come in the future, but to be saving space for it is a waste. Its not in the files, and there's never been any mention of it, so I can guarantee you it's not coming anytime in the next couple of months. I would love to have it too though!

    +1 :thumbup:

    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • potatocato
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    The monorail is a little different to the tower, escalator and magnifying glass. They take up very little space on the ground. The monorail would have to take up a lot of space, and It would probably block out the view of other things, seeing as most people would want to build it around the whole town. That's assuming you can even build it like you would a road or pavement...
    Personally I don't think it's coming...
  • poppaswan
    53 posts
    edited May 2013
    I don't know why, but I always assumed that if they did add the monorail that it would be a couple of junked out cars in a rusty heap that may take up as much land as the Springfield sign but not as tall. I just don't see them being able to do a fully functional monorail.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    poppaswan wrote:
    I don't know why, but I always assumed that if they did add the monorail that it would be a couple of junked out cars in a rusty heap that may take up as much land as the Springfield sign but not as tall. I just don't see them being able to do a fully functional monorail.

    This is exactly how I pictured it. I mean , it broke down in the show, why should it work in our springfields? :) this was such an iconic episode, I do think they'll release something Monorail related at one point in the future. But id prefer it if they could do it in a way that doesn't take up a lot of space, unless they add a land expansion with it :)
  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    Would train tracks be better because they don't take up as much space?
  • Shadiest_one
    607 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I call the big one "bitey"
  • heshmonstre
    491 posts
    edited May 2013
    How about 1 main 'building' where the animation would be the monorail pulling in and out of the station, and then have tracks you could buy that would connect to it? That way you can make it as big/small as you want

  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I call the big one "bitey"

    The is my favorite quote from the history of the Simpsons!


    I like the idea about the station animation by heshmonstre.
  • chrisp530
    2611 posts
    edited May 2013
    dcadamb wrote:
    Would train tracks be better because they don't take up as much space?

    I think tracks would be cool. If we ever do get a functioning Monorail, I'd prefer it was elevated like up, over, and around the city. That way it wouldn't take any land away from buildings, except for the land needed for the station.
  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    dcadamb wrote:
    Would train tracks be better because they don't take up as much space?

    I think tracks would be cool. If we ever do get a functioning Monorail, I'd prefer it was elevated like up, over, and around the city. That way it wouldn't take any land away from buildings, except for the land needed for the station.

    I like that idea.
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited May 2013
    dcadamb wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    dcadamb wrote:
    Would train tracks be better because they don't take up as much space?

    I think tracks would be cool. If we ever do get a functioning Monorail, I'd prefer it was elevated like up, over, and around the city. That way it wouldn't take any land away from buildings, except for the land needed for the station.

    I like that idea.
    +1
  • dcadamb
    192 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    dcadamb wrote:
    chrisp530 wrote:
    dcadamb wrote:
    Would train tracks be better because they don't take up as much space?

    I think tracks would be cool. If we ever do get a functioning Monorail, I'd prefer it was elevated like up, over, and around the city. That way it wouldn't take any land away from buildings, except for the land needed for the station.

    I like that idea.
    +1

    I have been thinking and it would have a lot of glitches because of tall buildings like the million dollar items.
  • redwagonner
    91 posts Member
    edited May 2013
    I call the big one "bitey"


    Awesome. Just awesome.
  • jedgeco
    247 posts
    edited May 2013
    chrisp530 wrote:
    This is exactly how I pictured it. I mean , it broke down in the show, why should it work in our springfields? :)

    I'd be surprised if they brought the monorail with them when they <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trash_of_the_Titans">moved the town</a>.

    And on that note, can we get a Burns Casino to blow up?
  • jonas-kramer855
    19 posts
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone remember the old monorail-station from Simpsons: Hit&Run?
    I'd love that old broken station with a few wagons (maybe the "M" anchored in the ground).
    Also there could be Lyle Lanley staying in front of it and make some gil-like offers, changing every 2 weeks or so. That way we could have Gil as a normal charakter
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.