EA Forums - Banner

What premium item would you buy and why?

Buy a character. Their jobs pay out more than regular jobs. :)

Or better still, buy a building that comes with a character. Otto and the school bus are great value. Same with Frink.

Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Was going to get something with my 79 donuts, as a free player, to have 79 donuts is like your rich, might just hold on to the for squid port.
  • crazyant18
    57 posts
    edited June 2013
    Jasper and the community center for the win!
  • cbecker13
    20 posts
    edited June 2013
    Personally I'm a free player too. I have so far spent 40 doughnuts on the burns limo, and when I get another 40 will buy the news van. For me, I look at it from a math perspective. The best I can do with my doughnuts is get a 1% bonus for every 20 doughnuts I spend (5% per 100). That's the best that ea offers. I would rather get a % increase as opposed to a new character when I spend my doughnuts because I am level 30 and have lots of characters and buildings. The increased pay and Xp applies to EVERYTHING but a premium character's job is just 50% extra pay for one task.

Example:
    I spend 60 doughnuts on a character (Hans mole man, bumblebee, whatever). Each hour task pays out 105 instead of 70.
    I could also increase my bonus by 3%. Each hour I would need to have a town which produces $3,500 in order to break even. ($3,500 * .03 = 105). That's like having 50 characters, or whatever combination of characters and houses etc.

So my thinking is that as the game progresses over the next few months etc, i will get to the point where I am generating much more than break even at which point the % increase is a better deal mathematically. Right now I am pretty close to that number anyway and I really wanted the burns limo because I think it looks cool.

In conclusion, buy what you want, but I personally think investing your doughnuts in a % increase (make sure it's 5% per 100 rate, some items are less) is the better long term investment for free doughnuts because every town is bound to expand beyond break even if you play long enough.
  • shaunareid
    721 posts
    edited June 2013
    I personally like buildings as in my view it adds more to the aesthetic of my town on the whole, but ultimately it's all down to personal preference! :lol:
  • mirage21701
    51 posts
    edited June 2013
    I am hoping that someday they make the cool brown house with cool homer a premium item as it is the one thing that I really want in my town, yet was not able to get.
  • Cotvan_tikal
    128 posts
    edited June 2013
    Any building with a character...preferably one who has vocals.
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited June 2013
    What about the stage ? It does have the most character tasks. I think?? But if not I'd say Otto and his bus personally he's one of my fav.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I am hoping that someday they make the cool brown house with cool homer a premium item as it is the one thing that I really want in my town, yet was not able to get.
    4uhysz.jpg

I love it, especially this task, homer drinks duff blue ribbon, he looks wasted. Lol
  • Z94wzE60x8
    313 posts
    edited June 2013
    Cool Homer & House would be awesome!!! But as I can't get it I am leaning towards the community center.
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Frinks Lab & Community Center is the best out there. If you can afford Duff Brewery, that is great especially if you have Duff Stadium. There is an extra 2 hr task.
  • Mjr1124
    654 posts
    edited June 2013
    Frinks is my favorite, sideshow Mel would be my second choice.
  • JoshJHunter
    437 posts
    edited June 2013
    I wouldn't look at it from a mag point.. more of what you'd like to see more in your *... I'm getting my fav once I get to 90 I'd just buy what makes you happy.
  • Tawhid123
    716 posts
    edited June 2013
    If you were to purchase the 300 Donut package from the donut store, that's exactly enough to get you 5 premium characters! But bear in mind that they don't come with any buildings, they come separately, and they also interact with other normal buildings you may have.

Squeaky Voiced Teen - 30 Donuts
    Moleman - 60 donuts
    Kearney - 60 Donuts
    Bumblebee man - 60 donuts
    Dr. Nick - 90 Donuts

But my favorite at the moment is probably Jasper, his quests and voices are the funniest yet. Still contemplating whether to get him or not...? That's a paddling!
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    Otto is awesome, Dr. Nick is hilarious, and Jasper is one of my new favourite characters.

I'd stay away from the volcano lair, as Hank isn't voiced and the building doesn't really fit anywhere.
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    Tawhid123 wrote:
    If you were to purchase the 300 Donut package from the donut store, that's exactly enough to get you 5 premium characters! But bear in mind that they don't come with any buildings, they come separately, and they also interact with other normal buildings you may have.

Squeaky Voiced Teen - 30 Donuts
    Moleman - 60 donuts
    Kearney - 60 Donuts
    Bumblebee man - 60 donuts
    Dr. Nick - 90 Donuts

But my favorite at the moment is probably Jasper, his quests and voices are the funniest yet. Still contemplating whether to get him or not...? That's a paddling!

I could live without Kearney and Bumblebee man in my town. Too bad I need to have everything!
  • Z94wzE60x8
    313 posts
    edited June 2013
    amauthe8 wrote:
    Otto is awesome, Dr. Nick is hilarious, and Jasper is one of my new favourite characters.

I'd stay away from the volcano lair, as Hank isn't voiced and the building doesn't really fit anywhere.

Yeah. I don't really like the mountain.
  • jone52
    17 posts
    edited June 2013
    I personally like characters over buildings (more fun doing tasks) and Kearney is the best value in my mind, because he has 10 and 30 min tasks, which are useful. Plus 4h dancing the jig is my favourite :-)

But everyone has their own view
  • Rattrap007x
    41 posts
    edited June 2013
    it depends on what you want.

I tend to look for items that get more than one use.

Community Center with Jasper - I get a building and character. Character has tasks, building earns money.

Aztec Theater - earns money, new tasks for Bart, CBG, and SVT.

Bumblebee Man - New character, and new option for Channel 6.

Stage - new way to earn money from tasks.

and so on. I avoid pure decoration things like fountains, S.L.H., etc. It is pure vanity things it is not worth it right now.

It depends who how well you like a character. I'd go for either a building that gives you several new tasks, or a character building combo. The latter can be expensive, but you get a building that earns you money and a character that earns money. Win win.

Sprawl-Mart is more or less a one character building at the moment so it can be passed.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!