EA Forums - Banner

Slow boardwalk production

13Next

Replies

• BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited June 2013
    everything they added for the squidport itself, the buildings, the characters, the decorations....they're all quest related which means they're all free, well free as in it will likely not cost donuts...i'm sure it'll cost in game money. lol

but my point being, maybe more boardwalk tiles will come with the quests. i mean they give you like 4 tiles free off the bat which came from building the entrance. so to those who've built things already, do you get tiles for every item you add? because if so, i imagine thats how you get your first batch to make a proper squidport. and then after then you go the long and crazy route to add more.

hell this 1hr to 2 days waiting for the tiles is just for the update and once this ends and squidport is just another part of the game, they will be cheaper and quicker to build.
  • daveguinan
    111 posts
    edited June 2013
    Unless something change for the patient no they only way to get the tiles is from the squid port entrance there is 100 to get and the last tile takes 3.5 days to generate
    BouncyX wrote:
    everything they added for the squidport itself, the buildings, the characters, the decorations....they're all quest related which means they're all free, well free as in it will likely not cost donuts...i'm sure it'll cost in game money. lol

but my point being, maybe more boardwalk tiles will come with the quests. i mean they give you like 4 tiles free off the bat which came from building the entrance. so to those who've built things already, do you get tiles for every item you add? because if so, i imagine thats how you get your first batch to make a proper squidport. and then after then you go the long and crazy route to add more.

hell this 1hr to 2 days waiting for the tiles is just for the update and once this ends and squidport is just another part of the game, they will be cheaper and quicker to build.
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited June 2013
    poppaswan wrote:
    I was soooooooo excited for the squidport. Now, this is I'll be stuck with for the next 36 hours or so until I get another square. :(:(:(export_01_zps0a049564.png[/URL]

thank GOd for people like you. keep spending those donuts so we can keep getting new content
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this should be your cue that you should take your time and enjoy it as is instead of rushing through everything then complaining about how you're bored and want the next update already.

BRAVO!! BRAVO!! MARVELOUS! haha thank you deadshot hit em right between the eyes. I call these people the guinea pigs. :twisted: muahaha
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited June 2013
    daveguinan wrote:
    Unless something change for the patient no they only way to get the tiles is from the squid port entrance there is 100 to get and the last tile takes 3.5 days to generate
    BouncyX wrote:

well that surely sucks.
  • jcmc968
    23 posts
    edited June 2013
    It's surely not essential that you have every single tile anyway - you will be able to fit on all the buildings and decorations in not too cramped a way with less. In time you'll end up with them all anyway but why the panic to get them all in a hurry and moan that they take time to achieve?
  • BouncyX
    114 posts
    edited June 2013
    jcmc968 wrote:
    It's surely not essential that you have every single tile anyway - you will be able to fit on all the buildings and decorations in not too cramped a way with less. In time you'll end up with them all anyway but why the panic to get them all in a hurry and moan that they take time to achieve?

having to wait on them isn't the problem with me...its the fact the waiting time expands and so far some are saying as long as 2 and half days once you reach a certain point. thats a little long for ONE TINY lil tile you know? now if it was 1hr everytime but the price increases then that would make sense. either way we have no choice but to wait so yeah. lol

• jcmc968
    23 posts
    edited June 2013
    To build a brown house is almost instantaneous (from memory) whereas building a white house takes 24 hours. They are both houses of roughly similar size.

So yes; since the very inception of the game there has been an element of progressive time for similar items present. This isn't really any different and actually it's probably smart by the developers who will have made a fortune from those people who have to have all 150 odd tiles right away.
  • david328ci
    86 posts
    edited June 2013
    Maybe this should be your cue that you should take your time and enjoy it as is instead of rushing through everything then complaining about how you're bored and want the next update already.

Waiting for tiles is boring. ZzzzZZZzzzz
  • snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited June 2013

AMEN!!!! Agree with every word in that comment.
  • daveguinan
    111 posts
    edited June 2013
    Me neither
    Wow! People are done with Squidport already? I am not even done with Hernan's tasks! :oops:
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited June 2013

THIS. Have some patience people.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited June 2013
    I'm not speeding anything up, but I set my Squidport to build the 4 hr piece and when I came back an hour later it was ready. Is there a possibility that Neighbors may be clicking on the Squidport causing the pieces to finish?

If so, that would be great incentive to get people to visit neighbors again.

Edit ~ There may be a board producing glitch, this time I came back and the tile I had in production was no longer building.
  • jjluv1500
    307 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Do these new building all have to be placed on the boardwalk??!
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited June 2013
    jjluv1500 wrote:
    Do these new building all have to be placed on the boardwalk??!

I got a message when I tried to place my first building somehwere else. so yes, they are only for the boardwalk.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.