EA Forums - Banner

SQUIDPORT Tile Progression

Prev1345
but you can build multiple tiles at once right?

Replies

• Jay_Kay_4747
    2866 posts
    edited June 2013
    Far out..
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    cjj425 wrote:
    Not counting sign.
    First 4 are free.
    Tile 5 takes 1 hour $250
    6 takes 2 hours $450
    7 takes 4 hours $850
    8 takes 8 hours $1700
    9 takes 12 hours $2500
    10 takes 16 hours $3350
    11 - 15 take 24 hours $5000 (5 days)
    16 - 30 take 36 hours $7,500 (22.5 days)
    31 - 60 take 48 hours $10,000 (60 days)
    61 - 90 take 60 hours $12,500 (75 days)
    91 - 120 Need to redo my Springield!105 take 72 hours $15,000 (90 days)
    121 - 151 take 84 hours $17,500 (108.5 days)
    About 345 days total time.

That's just ridiculous.. I know they want to spread things out and take time to play but a whole year? C'mon EA.. No bueno and even more boring then having nothing to do.. Waiting that long turns people away from the game
  • ladyak47
    121 posts
    edited June 2013
    Omg, almost a whole year to get all those tiles without speeding it :shock:
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited June 2013
    I was expecting it to go into the millions, and take 90 days to complete
  • ddashrock
    210 posts
    edited June 2013
    Judging from the building menu change, they may keep this around for a while but maybe they'll change the loading screen down the line..
  • ladyak47
    121 posts
    edited June 2013
    Is there any character that can speed that tile making? Like witch Marge with the crops. Maybe Handsome Pete? I'm not sure if he has tasks tho.
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    I sped up to the 61-90 stage, but leaving it there and saving my dwindling lot of donuts for future updates. That's just enough room to get a good sized Squidport going. :shock: :twisted:
  • Vs1976
    875 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    The tile building is way too long.
  • BillionDuck
    159 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Glad I saw this before buying more waterfront property.

Geez... Hope they add speed-ups or add character quests for tiles.
  • exo873
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    ladyak47 wrote:
    Is there any character that can speed that tile making? Like witch Marge with the crops. Maybe Handsome Pete? I'm not sure if he has tasks tho.

From what I've seen and heard all the new characters on Squidport are mainly decorations and have no tasks, except for the Sea Captain.
  • ladyak47
    121 posts
    edited June 2013
    exo873 wrote:
    ladyak47 wrote:

From what I've seen and heard all the new characters on Squidport are mainly decorations and have no tasks, except for the Sea Captain.

I was hoping to see him do some tasks as he will cost donuts... Too bad :(
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    This is a bloody joke, talk about extortion, it looks like its slowy turning away from a free app. I just went out a brought my first ever lot of donuts, ea you make me sick, you can screw that idea if you think i buying more,this is purely unfair, I understand donuts are used to speed things up,but this is a joke, so it will cost about $500 to get everything if you want it within this year. Your kidding,severely disappointed. I just can't get over how much it will cost, it's just mind blowing,considering this app could shutdown at anytime compared to a console game you buy. Sorry for venting, guys but you can't tell me it's not a rip off.
    Springfield_squidport.png
    1031051467_1361795630.jpg
    kramer-reaction-seinfield.gif
  • KristinMJ78
    292 posts
    edited June 2013
    So much for building all the tiles first. Geesh!
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    HEY!!!!
    I was waiting the first hour for a tile. A neighbor (handshake over the top) got there first and I got "NO TILE". I've got to do the hour again!!!!!
  • johncolombo
    11565 posts Senior Moderator
    edited June 2013
    It will be fun building the boardwalk in the snow this Christmas can't wait.
    Volunteer EA Forum Senior Moderator/Hero EA Answers HQ
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    I hear ya, emmcee1. EA is definitely getting a bit too cocky on how much they are willing to charge us more and more. I hear it'll take literally a year to get all the tiles if none are sped up by donuts. I'm just relieved I bought a couple boatloads when they were on sale a few weeks ago. :lol: :x :evil:
  • NDFeeley
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    This is a bloody joke, talk about extortion, it looks like its slowy turning away from a free app. I just went out a brought my first ever lot of donuts, ea you make me sick, you can screw that idea if you think i buying more,this is purely unfair, I understand donuts are used to speed things up,but this is a joke, so it will cost about $500 to get everything if you want it within this year. Your kidding,severely disappointed. I just can't get over how much it will cost, it's just mind blowing,considering this app could shutdown at anytime compared to a console game you buy. Sorry for venting, guys but you can't tell me it's not a rip off.

Are you for real? Those are some truely harsh words. Why do you assume you should get every part of this major update instantly? That's like creating a brand new Springfield and saying the game is extortion because you're not instantly Level 30, and to advance instantly from Lv1 to Lv30 would cost $250 in Donuts. Or, expecting to get every square of land expansion at game start.

Just chill man, try to enjoy it as an entirely new part of the game, which it sort of is in a sense. I think once you hit the high tiers of new square construction, you should already have more than plenty of room to place all Squidport buildings and decorations in an aesthetically pleasing fashion.
  • kuroashicook
    709 posts
    edited June 2013
    It will be fun building the boardwalk in the snow this Christmas can't wait.

Haha, props to you for looking on the bright side of things. :-)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    NDFeeley wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

Are you for real? Those are some truely harsh words. Why do you assume you should get every part of this major update instantly? That's like creating a brand new Springfield and saying the game is extortion because you're not instantly Level 30, and to advance instantly from Lv1 to Lv30 would cost $250 in Donuts. Or, expecting to get every square of land expansion at game start.

Just chill man, try to enjoy it as an entirely new part of the game, which it sort of is in a sense. I think once you hit the high tiers of new square construction, you should already have more than plenty of room to place all Squidport buildings and decorations in an aesthetically pleasing fashion.

Why do people take what I say out of context all the bloody time, I understand you don't get everything right away, but over a year to get everything, now that's a bit too much,it's worse than WD, it's ok mate because its a new update,people are sweet with it, but you just wait,people will get over it real quick,mark my words mate. It's just a bit over the top,IMO, I understand its like building a new Springfield, but imagine how krusty land would be like if squidport is like this.
  • Keys1980
    393 posts New member
    edited June 2013
    I have no words. :shock:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.