EA Forums - Banner

SQUIDPORT Tile Progression

Replies

• DIrishB
    613 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    On the bright side, you don't need to build anywhere near ALL the boardwalk tiles to fit all the current Squidport buildings on it. You can easily cram all of it on 40 tiles, maybe 50. 60 if you really want to space it out. So it won't cost as much money and time as you think (though admittedly it does take quite awhile).

As they release more buildings that can only fit on the boardwalk, you might have to go beyond 60, but we'll see. So figure between 2-3 months depending on how much you space out your buildings, and that includes space for ALL buildings, regular and donut.
  • toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited June 2013
    I think they should have at least started us off with more tiles, I dont know, maybe 25 or so, just so we can have a little fun with our shiny new update before we realized how long the rest would take to build.
  • Linkster79
    82 posts
    edited June 2013
    sherryt07 wrote:
    HEY!!!!
    I was waiting the first hour for a tile. A neighbor (handshake over the top) got there first and I got "NO TILE". I've got to do the hour again!!!!!

Same here, if this keeps happening I will be emptying my friends list and play Han style.
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited June 2013
    Is it a quest to buy more tiles? I've got Homer swearing at the ocean, but can't see an option to purchase more tiles anywhere.

I almost had enough for Hermans military antiques (missed a week of game play thanks to tonsilitis and house move :x ) - I'll be waiting a while for that now!

Wish I'd clocked about the tiles before buying several beach and water expansions!

Ah well, all good things and all that!
  • Jay_Wayne_2
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Is it a quest to buy more tiles? I've got Homer swearing at the ocean, but can't see an option to purchase more tiles anywhere.

I almost had enough for Hermans military antiques (missed a week of game play thanks to tonsilitis and house move :x ) - I'll be waiting a while for that now!

Wish I'd clocked about the tiles before buying several beach and water expansions!

Click on the Springfield Squidport sign to buy more boardwalk pieces. You should see that and the time for Homer swearing.
  • angeladevil
    141 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    This is a bloody joke, talk about extortion, it looks like its slowy turning away from a free app. I just went out a brought my first ever lot of donuts, ea you make me sick, you can screw that idea if you think i buying more,this is purely unfair, I understand donuts are used to speed things up,but this is a joke, so it will cost about $500 to get everything if you want it within this year. Your kidding,severely disappointed. I just can't get over how much it will cost, it's just mind blowing,considering this app could shutdown at anytime compared to a console game you buy. Sorry for venting, guys but you can't tell me it's not a rip off.
    Springfield_squidport.png
    1031051467_1361795630.jpg
    kramer-reaction-seinfield.gif

Agree!!
  • alexgravener
    88 posts
    edited June 2013
    Everyone claiming about the nonexistent price needs to get a grip, it's a game. If you don't want to pay money on a free game, then don't. It really is that simple because that's what I've done. I've been playing nearly every day since February and I haven't spent a single penny and GUESS WHAT! The game's just as enjoyable for me as it is for all of you who are spending real life money on a free and virtual game.
    The other point I want to make is a simple one, why do you feel the need to speed through all the content in days, then complain on the forums when the next update isn't out fast enough? I played through the level 30 content in real time without speeding anything up and also I missed a day when I was too busy to get online, and d'you know when I finished? YESTERDAY. I finished the day before the next update release. That tells you something.
    Also on the part about time, this content isn't end game content, it's unlocked at level 16 or somewhere around then and so it's designed to be built up gradually over time with the rest of your town and so by this point I believe that what EA has done is designed a very good and most likely enjoyable content update with weeks of play time if you choose to play it the correct way.

Well done, EA. :D
  • albertronnie
    93 posts
    edited June 2013

Click on the Springfield Squidport sign to buy more boardwalk pieces. You should see that and the time for Homer swearing.

Thank you.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited June 2013
    Everyone claiming about the nonexistent price needs to get a grip, it's a game. If you don't want to pay money on a free game, then don't. It really is that simple because that's what I've done. I've been playing nearly every day since February and I haven't spent a single penny and GUESS WHAT! The game's just as enjoyable for me as it is for all of you who are spending real life money on a free and virtual game.
    The other point I want to make is a simple one, why do you feel the need to speed through all the content in days, then complain on the forums when the next update isn't out fast enough? I played through the level 30 content in real time without speeding anything up and also I missed a day when I was too busy to get online, and d'you know when I finished? YESTERDAY. I finished the day before the next update release. That tells you something.
    Also on the part about time, this content isn't end game content, it's unlocked at level 16 or somewhere around then and so it's designed to be built up gradually over time with the rest of your town and so by this point I believe that what EA has done is designed a very good and most likely enjoyable content update with weeks of play time if you choose to play it the correct way.

Well done, EA. :D

Yes I finished Herman's tasks yesterday too. I have spend a small amount (£30 or thereabouts) over the 5-6 months I've been playing. However, someone else says maximum pieces is 100 and therefore this is about 90 days to complete. If so that's not too bad.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    I enjoy this much better than whacking snakes. Darn, I still don't like that pet snake...
  • CostcoLawGrad
    9 posts
    edited June 2013
    Linkster79 wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:
    HEY!!!!
    I was waiting the first hour for a tile. A neighbor (handshake over the top) got there first and I got "NO TILE". I've got to do the hour again!!!!!

Same here, if this keeps happening I will be emptying my friends list and play Han style.

The first time it happens, I'm deleting my friends list.

And it turns out there was no reason to save for this update. The waits are the limiting factor for anyone.
    Actually, instead of saving money, I spent every spare dollar since the end of Whacking Day expanding southward and covering the new land with blue houses. I'm already up to $350,000 a day from blue houses alone and will finish buying all of the land after less than two months of playing, so it wasn't a waste.
  • snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited June 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    NDFeeley wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:
    This is a bloody joke, talk about extortion, it looks like its slowy turning away from a free app. I just went out a brought my first ever lot of donuts, ea you make me sick, you can screw that idea if you think i buying more,this is purely unfair, I understand donuts are used to speed things up,but this is a joke, so it will cost about $500 to get everything if you want it within this year. Your kidding,severely disappointed. I just can't get over how much it will cost, it's just mind blowing,considering this app could shutdown at anytime compared to a console game you buy. Sorry for venting, guys but you can't tell me it's not a rip off.

Are you for real? Those are some truely harsh words. Why do you assume you should get every part of this major update instantly? That's like creating a brand new Springfield and saying the game is extortion because you're not instantly Level 30, and to advance instantly from Lv1 to Lv30 would cost $250 in Donuts. Or, expecting to get every square of land expansion at game start.

Just chill man, try to enjoy it as an entirely new part of the game, which it sort of is in a sense. I think once you hit the high tiers of new square construction, you should already have more than plenty of room to place all Squidport buildings and decorations in an aesthetically pleasing fashion.

Why do people take what I say out of context all the bloody time, I understand you don't get everything right away, but over a year to get everything, now that's a bit too much,it's worse than WD, it's ok mate because its a new update,people are sweet with it, but you just wait,people will get over it real quick,mark my words mate. It's just a bit over the top,IMO, I understand its like building a new Springfield, but imagine how krusty land would be like if squidport is like this.

Maybe they take your words out of context, because you are a bloody over-the-top drama queen.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I haven't finished the Herman tasks, lol. I didn't appreciate the storyline being a disabled Navy vet married to an active duty Navy sailor (and no, we are not going down that debate again) so I've not been in any hurry to finish those goals.

Whacking snakes ruined my enjoyment of the game, I'm glad that all we have to do is sit around and wait. It's not like it's true "grinding". Grinding, to me, is when you have to watch your game and click on something every 5 minutes to get ahead. Waiting a day or two? That's not grinding, it's just being patient. Go do something else during that time, least that's what I'm doing.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I haven't finished the Herman tasks, lol. I didn't appreciate the storyline being a disabled Navy vet married to an active duty Navy sailor (and no, we are not going down that debate again) so I've not been in any hurry to finish those goals.

Whacking snakes ruined my enjoyment of the game, I'm glad that all we have to do is sit around and wait. It's not like it's true "grinding". Grinding, to me, is when you have to watch your game and click on something every 5 minutes to get ahead. Waiting a day or two? That's not grinding, it's just being patient. Go do something else during that time, least that's what I'm doing.

Doesn't that mean u wanna get rid of the storyline quicker? Or maybe it's just me. I hated school, so I finished uni with good grades at a young age just so I wouldn't have to deal with school, exams and homework anymore :)

I agree with taking the game slow :D
  • ATOMIKHOOLIGAN
    155 posts
    edited June 2013
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Springfield_squidport.png
    1031051467_1361795630.jpg
    kramer-reaction-seinfield.gif

EA is one of the worst money pig company's, most of there play4free games are a huge rip off. Now yes $500 for IOS pixels is pathetic. EA keep this up and you'll end up like Atari.
  • ATOMIKHOOLIGAN
    155 posts
    edited June 2013
    Anyway how big are the tiles?
  • madjestynina12q
    216 posts
    edited June 2013
    A friend visited my town and clicked on my dock and the tile that should have been waiting for me was gone, it was only two hours building so I'm only slightly peeved, but if I'd paid a lot and waited days and someone else took it, I'd be sooooo maaaad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rant over for now but this is really gonna p*** people off
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    A friend visited my town and clicked on my dock and the tile that should have been waiting for me was gone, it was only two hours building so I'm only slightly peeved, but if I'd paid a lot and waited days and someone else took it, I'd be sooooo maaaad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rant over for now but this is really gonna p*** people off

You can either delete all your friends except for those you "know" or you can play strategically. Be sure to log in a few minutes before the tile finishes building so you can click it before anybody else does.

Stinks that you have to do that but you have some people who will do it to be jerks and then you have others who will do it because they think they are helping.
  • FoolishDoughnut
    172 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I have to say,if I was just starting out, that list and time estimate would be pretty daunting. But put into the context of the proper place in the levelling storyline as opposed to being level 30 already and itching for new, fast content. I'm happy so far, and looking forward to the stories that open up!

• TRTX84
    556 posts
    edited June 2013
    EA is one of the worst money pig company's, most of there play4free games are a huge rip off. Now yes $500 for IOS pixels is pathetic. EA keep this up and you'll end up like Atari.
    $500? That's funny, I could've sworn every last boardwalk tile is free. Maybe my version of Squidport is glitched or something.
    I have to say,if I was just starting out, that list and time estimate would be pretty daunting. But put into the context of the proper place in the leveling storyline as opposed to being level 30 already and itching for new, fast content. I'm happy so far, and looking forward to the stories that open up!
    If you were anywhere other than "endgame" you'd still have a lot of various tasks to do through Level progression. If I remember correctly when I was playing, my characters would often be a good couple of levels behind on their tasks. And typically these types of "bonus" updates run parallel to the normal progression.

So if you reached Level 15, Homer would trigger the beginning of Squidport. And you'd still be raising money to buy new land and new buildings to continue those quests. And given the kinds of money that took (at least what it took back when the levels were "new") you'd be busy doing both tasks. So instead of tapping and waiting for Squidport, you're building a new section of boardwalk but also setting up Moe's Tavern or Town Hall. So you'll have things to do while the tile is finishing up. 3 days is a long time if that is the last tile, but in those three days you could still be busy with several task chains. Heck, Herman's takes 2-3 days on it's own.

And like I've been saying, the tiles scale up in cost likely because you fit a LOT of boardwalk in one square of water. So they're treating it like land upgrades and charging more as you build more.

But ultimately I don't see the problem in a free game with free expansions having it take a few days and some escalating amounts of in-game cash to complete. There is literally ZERO cost to building all of the Squidport tiles. Anyone complaining about it costing $500 is just making up crap to whine about because it's entirely on them if they want to speed up free tasks and buildings.

I mean I could complain about the cost in Donuts of speeding up Corn. But that would just be stupid because it's my choice if I want to start building corn and my choice if I don't want to wait anymore to finish it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.