EA Forums - Banner

What beach do you go to in real life?

Stone Harbor, NJ!

Also like: Avalon, Wildwood, Cape May, Sea Isle, and OC NJ. My family and I have enjoyed OC MD, too, and Rehoboth Beach DE, and Bahia Honda State Park beaches in FL, and Westerly/Misquamicut RI, and Cozumel Mexico, and South Hampton and Jones Beach NY, and Hua Hin Thailand ...

Can you tell we LOVE going to the beach?

Replies

• sammercer12
    368 posts
    edited June 2013
    On the ocean Hampton beach Hampton NH

On lake winnipesaukee gilford beach
  • blackgryphon9999
    658 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Lincoln Beaches, in Oregon. Cannon Beach and Seaside are nice as well.
  • VinnyDaDon
    141 posts
    edited June 2013
    graywolfii wrote:
    Stone Harbor, NJ!

Also like: Avalon, Wildwood, Cape May, Sea Isle, and OC NJ. My family and I have enjoyed OC MD, too, and Rehoboth Beach DE, and Bahia Honda State Park beaches in FL, and Westerly/Misquamicut RI, and Cozumel Mexico, and South Hampton and Jones Beach NY, and Hua Hin Thailand ...

Can you tell we LOVE going to the beach?

HaHa wow you guys def do love going to the beach. Which was the most secluded that you been to?? I was in Sea Side and we drove away from there to a pretty secluded beach I forget what it was called it's nice to get away from a million umbrellas and people every now and then.
  • normajeanemm
    44 posts
    edited June 2013
    Ayr beach when down the west coast and Saint Andrews beach when up in Fife.
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited June 2013
    Indian Rocks Beach, Largo, FL...I go about every two days..

Also go to occasionally Clearwater beach, and Madeira Beach.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited June 2013
    Newport Beach, CA!
  • graywolfii
    550 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    HaHa wow you guys def do love going to the beach. Which was the most secluded that you been to?? I was in Sea Side and we drove away from there to a pretty secluded beach I forget what it was called it's nice to get away from a million umbrellas and people every now and then.

Most secluded was a beach in the Grenadines. It was a Spring Break trip when I was in college. Nothin' but conch shells and fallen logs in the sand as far as the eye could see. (Funny story - I dried out as many conch shells as I could and took them home in my carry-on luggage. I got stopped by security because the x-ray apparently made the shells look like the skeletons of murdered children. :oops: )

EDIT: A lot of beaches seem more secluded in the off-season, too. I forgot Napatree Point (also near Westerly, RI) and I can't believe I forgot Montauk, NY. Hubby and I went there in November one year and the beach was all ours MWAHAHAHA.

If you ever go to Stone Harbor, there is a sandbar that's an island at low tide, accessible only by boat. It can be really packed with picnic-ers at the height of the summer, but otherwise it's more private.
  • edited June 2013
    Go to southend on sea, home of the wheel of death. Worlds longest leisure pier and best jellied eels any where.
  • durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Venice Beach
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited June 2013
    VinnyDaDon wrote:
    Figured I would start a topic on which beaches everyone goes to since it's summer and Squidport is finally here !!! haha I will be leaving not this coming week but next with my lovely girl friend and we will be headed to Ocean City Maryland . I usually go to sea side, wildwood and Jersey beaches but I been to Oc Maryland when I was younger and figured I would give Jersey a rest this year. So what about you guys any good vacations coming up or whats your favorite beach/boardwalk/etc.??? :D

My husband is from Columbia, MD and he went to Ocean City every summer while growing up! We went there a few years ago with his parents and our children, it was pretty fun. I am a Midwestern girl, so it was a new experience for me. We live right on Lake Michigan now, I guess I am always technically at the beach...not so much fun in the winter.
  • equiraptor
    52 posts
    edited June 2013
    I rarely go to the beach anymore, but when I do, it's on Galveston Island. Yeah, I know, I know, crappy beach with crappy water. But I grew up going to beaches on the Texas Gulf. I know the beaches, I know the water, I know the sea life, I know the shells. I'm very comfortable in this water, and I go to the beach to swim in the ocean, so comfort with the water and the critters in it matters. Living in Houston means it's reasonably close, too. So much better than swimming in a pool.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Surfers paradise baby!!!
    image_surfing-at-surfers-paradise-beach.jpg
    gallery-surfers-beach-sunrise.jpg
  • dopeydog25
    37 posts
    edited June 2013
    Newport Beach, CA or San Clemente beach in California too. I'd like to go to Laguna Beach this summer. I've lived in Southern California my entire life and have never gone there!
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    On the ocean Hampton beach Hampton NH

On lake winnipesaukee gilford beach

Same here! Also like going to the Cape for Falmouth beaches.
  • SamCarterX206
    898 posts
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately we don't go the sea beach often, it's long trip for us; but we to go to Walden Pond:

walden-in-autumn.jpg
    Beautiful year round- not just for swimming, you can hike around the pond too.

Of course, I don't swim at the main beach because it looks like this during busy season:
    Walden-Pond.jpg

Instead I walk on the hiking path around the pond and find one of the many un-lifeguarded (there are only lifeguards at the main beach) access points.

Bonus points for knowing which literary author is known for staying at and writing about Walden Pond.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited June 2013
    Go to southend on sea, home of the wheel of death. Worlds longest leisure pier and best jellied eels any where.

Go on the Southend Sea Front :thumbup:

I used to go there every saturday night for over 10years car racing :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • robm978
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately we don't go the sea beach often, it's long trip for us; but we to go to Walden Pond:

walden-in-autumn.jpg
    Beautiful year round- not just for swimming, you can hike around the pond too.

Of course, I don't swim at the main beach because it looks like this during busy season:
    Walden-Pond.jpg

Instead I walk on the hiking path around the pond and find one of the many un-lifeguarded (there are only lifeguards at the main beach) access points.

Bonus points for knowing which literary author is known for staying at and writing about Walden Pond.

That would be Thoreau. Growing up in Lowell will do that.
  • kimber_bo
    84 posts
    edited June 2013
    Best beach in the world - Cottesloe. With the Ocean Beach Hotel overlooking for those Sunday afternoon sundowners.

the-cottesloe-beach-perth-australia_zps5b93955f.jpeg
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    146 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    kimber_bo wrote:
    Best beach in the world - Cottesloe. With the Ocean Beach Hotel overlooking for those Sunday afternoon sundowners.

the-cottesloe-beach-perth-australia_zps5b93955f.jpeg

noice :thumbup:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!