EA Forums - Banner

Do not ever tap squidport entrance with floating tile when visiting friends!!

Replies

• lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    Pchorsedoc wrote:
    bump

Lol was just logging in to bump this. I hope this issue gets fixed
    quick! Right now I'm not building a boardwalk tile
    because I can't be home when it finishes :-( I really don't want to delete
    my neighbors.

Yeah I know, I don't wanna delete anyone either. Hope EA fixes this. Wonder if anyone said anything on FB aswell?

Yes it looks like there are some comments about this on the FB fan page.

It's a double-edged sword. The more people talk about it, the more people will know about it, and the more jerks will do it. The other side of that is that those who are doing it by mistake will be informed and stop.
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited June 2013
    adruralo52 wrote:
    Take note the time when your tile is ready and grab it quick before a 'nice' neighbour arrives.
    Not lost a tile yet.
    I have visited my friends and noted the floating tile on their squidport sign and I thought 'they need to grab that quick'.
    I came across 12 friends who had floating tiles this very morning.

This is true, if it is not finished building yet they cannot Steal it... Once it's completed you need to log in to make sure no one gets it... Try to time it just right when it finishes.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Don't touch that 'tile', we'll be back after these brief messages! :mrgreen:

MI0002769394.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Don't touch that 'tile', we'll be back after these brief messages! :mrgreen:

MI0002769394.jpg?partner=allrovi.com
    tumblr_mfpb1hTLd71qh59n0o1_500.gif
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    phil4run wrote:
    I just deleted almost all of my friends. Feel free to add me if you accept the rule, never touch on squitport entrance. I have place for 95 new serious friends, i'm a daily player on level 30. :!: My ingame name is Phil4Run

Unfortunately, I'm about to do the same thing. I've lost three tiles already. I don't care about the in-game cash, but I'd rather not waste so much time for nothing. How can we progress if we can't continue to build?
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I keep track of when the tile will complete then minutes before it's done I log in to click the tile-
    Doesn't seem that difficult a thing to do to keep anyone from clicking a tile.
    Next tile done at 10:04pm
    And yes I work.

But the bug should be fixed.
    I wait until I have the time to be around for the next tile to be ready before starting a new tile generation, but this is a real time waster doing it this way. Methinks EA figures we waited so long for Squidport that we will be willing to speed up each tile with donuts! Good thing the few neighbours I have now appear to be aware of this and are NOT mean-spirited enough to tap the gate when they know darn well the tile will be lost. I will keep those I have, but I won't be adding any new until after the end of this event (if then LOL).

BTW, someone earlier said to check the inventory, but if the comment was not meant to be funny, I think the tile appears in inventory only at the start and if we decide not to apply the generated tile immediately. I keep my tile there until I have enough to complet a row because I don't care how he boardwalk looks otherwise.
  • AwesomeMallis
    1104 posts
    edited June 2013
    tumblr_m7u9gk5Kie1rzjlc4o1_250.gif
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    21 neighbors and about a 3rd of them had tiles hovering, I'd be too paranoid to let that happen. I was surprised to see that many.

I'm also trying to make sure I time the tile completion for when I'm home but sometimes things come up. Like yesterday, the tile should have been completed at 1pm but then my husband called and asked if we (me and the boy) wanted to meet him for lunch in town.

He has been working crazy hours and isn't home all that much right now due to his ship being in the yards (means it's getting repairs) so when he calls that he can take an hour or so off? We go running to see "dad". He also managed to leave work in time yesterday to take the kid to the golf course for an hour.

ANYWAYS - point is that we can't always finish the tiles as planned and with people stealing them? It's disheartening and frustrating as all get out. I'm wondering if it isn't better to just hold off on building the tiles till this is fixed? It's not like they are limited time and have to be done immediately.
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I've just been visiting my neighbours and was surprised at how many tiles were hovering so it's obvious people don't know about the bug. People dash over to see what you've done with Squidport and that hovering tile is so tempting I'm not surprised people are tapping it. I too am timing mine carefully. Caught once hopefully not again.
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • adruralo
    3291 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    21 neighbors and about a 3rd of them had tiles hovering, I'd be too paranoid to let that happen. I was surprised to see that many.

I'm also trying to make sure I time the tile completion for when I'm home but sometimes things come up. Like yesterday, the tile should have been completed at 1pm but then my husband called and asked if we (me and the boy) wanted to meet him for lunch in town.

He has been working crazy hours and isn't home all that much right now due to his ship being in the yards (means it's getting repairs) so when he calls that he can take an hour or so off? We go running to see "dad". He also managed to leave work in time yesterday to take the kid to the golf course for an hour.

ANYWAYS - point is that we can't always finish the tiles as planned and with people stealing them? It's disheartening and frustrating as all get out. I'm wondering if it isn't better to just hold off on building the tiles till this is fixed? It's not like they are limited time and have to be done immediately.

Unfortunately for those who lead busy lives can be frustrating when they return to find their tile is stolen, particularly as you pay cash and wait some consirable time for the tile to generate. If you can be around when the tile is complete then it's a good tip. But the best solution of course is EA to fix this problem very soon.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I can't believe people are suggesting you babysit your tile. Sorry, but I'm not setting my alarm for 3:30am to wake up and collect my tile before a neighbor taps it. If EA wants me to sit and watch it, then make the duration five minutes and not hours or days. Hopefully this was an oversight on their part and will be corrected (like the disappearing snakes during Whacking Day).
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Jedihntr wrote:
    I can't believe people are suggesting you babysit your tile. Sorry, but I'm not setting my alarm for 3:30am to wake up and collect my tile before a neighbor taps it. If EA wants me to sit and watch it, then make the duration five minutes and not hours or days. Hopefully this was an oversight on their part and will be corrected (like the disappearing snakes during Whacking Day).

Of course it's an oversight/bug whatever you want to call it, so what would you suggest? Keep losing the tiles? Either babysit them, speed it up, don't build tiles till the bug is corrected, delete all your neighbors, or risk losing them. That's it. Those are your options till it's corrected.

People are trying to help, remember that.
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

Of course it's an oversight/bug whatever you want to call it, so what would you suggest? Keep losing the tiles? Either babysit them, speed it up, don't build tiles till the bug is corrected, delete all your neighbors, or risk losing them. That's it. Those are your options till it's corrected.

no need to babysit just carefully time. Tomorrow is the weekend so I know at 8am I'll be sitting up in bed drinking coffee so I'll start my next tile (12 hr) at 8 pm this evening.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    cjryder625 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

no need to babysit just carefully time. Tomorrow is the weekend so I know at 8am I'll be sitting up in bed drinking coffee so I'll start my next tile (12 hr) at 8 pm this evening.

Which is the exact same thing everybody has been posting, that's babysitting. If you have to time your tile completion to when you are going to be around when it completes? Then you are babysitting it.

Same thing.

Nobody has suggested actually sitting there for the entire time build but instead babysit the completion time by carefully timing it (which isn't always doable since most people have busy real lives).
  • cjryder625
    1425 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    cjryder625 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    Jedihntr wrote:

Which is the exact same thing everybody has been posting, that's babysitting. If you have to time your tile completion to when you are going to be around when it completes? Then you are babysitting it.

Same thing.

Nobody has suggested actually sitting there for the entire time build but instead babysit the completion time by carefully timing it (which isn't always doable since most people have busy real lives).

actually it's no different to what I do with jobs for my characters. I time them for when I'm about to get maximum payout. As for babysitting I think you would find parents wouldn't be too impressed if you just dropped in for 30 seconds in 12 hrs!! EA will get it fixed in the mean time work around it.
  • gregbuc350
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Just lost one from a "helpful" neighbour. :(

Good thread, here. Hope EA gets a fix -- I see free donuts/free tiles in our future --- I HOPE.

Til then: Time to commence "The Neighbour Purge of Summer 2013"... :(

• LtType77
    642 posts
    edited June 2013
    Do you think this is really a glitch? Or do you think EA is trying to get the inactive users that haven't been logged in for about a month to stay and want to complete this update?... Maybe they are trying to get the daily active users up?

Btw, I got a mystery box today and got ten donuts... Crash.... And then got a gazebo... Such ****... :roll:
  • edited June 2013
    Just lost mt second tile. So annoyed. If this happens one more time I'm going to cull my neighbours. How is it that EA always come up with the most arsebackwards bugs?
  • snugglesNY
    22 posts
    edited June 2013
    lissarv68 wrote:
    ANYWAYS - point is that we can't always finish the tiles as planned and with people stealing them?

This is a huge misnomer. Neighbours are NOT actively stealing your tiles, when they tap on them. No tiles are added to their inventory. Before I was aware of the bug, I mistakenly tapped a tile (early on when squid port had just became available). In doing so, nothing was added to my inventory and the compensation was the same as tapping on a neighbour's building. I regret my mistake as I now know I set someone back. And I have experienced the same issue, where someone tapped one of my tiles after a 12hr build time.

This is obviously a glitch in the game, that wasn't found in the QA testing. But it's important that EA become aware of it and resolve the issue. And it's also important that we all spread the word to as many players as possible. But saying that 'neighbours are stealing tiles'. May only encourage people to try it out on their neighbours in a quest to increase their own inventory.

BUMP
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • peteriscoo69
    16 posts
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know how to check who's visited your town? I'm basically one dropped tile away from deleting all my neighbors.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.