EA Forums - Banner

So are you people ready to admit that Squidport is a horrible update?

Replies

  • mattmcshane
    428 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    It's unquestionably my favourite update. It's going to take a few weeks to get squid port looking nice which is excellent.
  • P003htb
    947 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You can't fit anything on the boardwalk pieces yet. Maybe in 4 months it'll be better but that's waaaay too long. There are so many food stands and other things (premium content too) that I can't buy since I have no place to put it. EA is delaying getting paid by us. It's just so unbelievably stupid. I had to move stuff so much just to fit that huge premium building on the boardwalk I have. What a joke.
    Aaaaand what are we going to do?
    You're just annoying people with a stupid thread, period.
  • ddashrock
    210 posts
    edited June 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You can't fit anything on the boardwalk pieces yet. Maybe in 4 months it'll be better but that's waaaay too long. There are so many food stands and other things (premium content too) that I can't buy since I have no place to put it. EA is delaying getting paid by us. It's just so unbelievably stupid. I had to move stuff so much just to fit that huge premium building on the boardwalk I have. What a joke.

    Actually it feels better not having to constantly obtain a goal in order to get buildings before a certain date, this time we can just take it easy. The tiles may take long but the buildings ultimately aren't going anywhere.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    ddashrock wrote:
    Actually it feels better not having to constantly obtain a goal in order to get buildings before a certain date, this time we can just take it easy. The tiles may take long but the buildings ultimately aren't going anywhere.

    Exactly. The developers clearly did not want people rushing through squidport.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    While I don't think this is a horrible update, I'm definitely not as excited about it as I was. I think the tiles were purposely set out this way in order for players to spend donuts. Its like they've said here's all this cool stuff but you won't be able to use it right away....unless you spend donuts. The Captain even suggests using donuts to speed up the tiles. That screams money grab to me.
  • inthekitchen
    96 posts
    edited June 2013
    Honestly I like the update good concept but flawed
  • TheKingChivas
    207 posts
    edited June 2013
    I seem to fall in with the majority of players on here...great update, wish the boardwalk tiles came a bit faster (I'd have been fine with 24 hours per tile after the first 10...it'd still take about 5 months). I'd also like a second entrance so I can have north and south entrance points. Other than that, how can anyone complain about this?
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited June 2013
    No sir......I like it !...........
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Also the squidport sign is a bit on the large size, but then I gave up caring about scale months ago ;)
  • bette3900
    913 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    I love it. After whacking day, which really had me "tapped out", I like moving forward slowly. I have not done much by way of redoing my SF after the Squidport update, but I do have plans.

    Yes, I am excited and can hardly wait to get all the new stuff (I have unlocked most of it, but will not be getting it before I have room on my boardwalk), but I enjoy having the time to redo things.

    I had read so much about the money needed to buy land etc. for Squidport and am now sitting on 2.5 millions and making about 100K a day, which more than covers my "daily expenses" as I can only get one tile a day. I will have a nifty SF once summer is over.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Turnkee123 wrote:
    WillWWhite wrote:
    Personally I'm really enjoying the update! It's a nice, long chain, sure, but it's actually more satisfying if you're *not* speeding things along. I will probably buy some of the premium stuff eventually, but if you're updating your boardwalk crafting whenever it's up, it builds at a rate that's just about right to match the main quest line.

    Not sure why everyone is in such a hurry to blow through updates as fast as possible. It's a long form game, best enjoyed in small bursts throughout the day, not long marathon play sessions. I'm having fun with Squidport much, much more than I was the frenzy of Wacking Day, for example :)

    I agree that it's much better than Whacking Day but I think having to wait X amount of hours for the boardwalk tiles is lousy. I'm at the 24 hour tile and I certainly hope that this is the longest wait for a tile.

    simpsons-awkward-collar-pull-o.gif

    lol, try 3 days!
  • david328ci
    86 posts
    edited June 2013
    I don't think horrible is the correct word. May disappointing or anti-climactic. It's just very frustrating having a tiny boardwalk and cramming a bunch of buildings onto it.
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    Its a good job there isnt a health and safety official in my springfield because its going to be a while before I have room for a handrail ;)

    Isn't Homer a Safety Technician?? :shock: :shock:

    May God have mercy on us all! :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You do realize that this game has a finite lifespan. Anything that can extend that is good in my book. Just sayin'

    They can expand it by making the buildings take a year instead of the freaking floor. That would have been far more satisfying to everyone.

    Who's to say they won't release further buildings for the boardwalk, throughout the year, in further updates? :-)
  • mwdalton
    11545 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    paves4 wrote:
    the squidport update is out?

    Lol, paves, always good value :lol::lol:
  • ohserin
    106 posts
    edited June 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You do realize that this game has a finite lifespan. Anything that can extend that is good in my book. Just sayin'

    They can expand it by making the buildings take a year instead of the freaking floor. That would have been far more satisfying to everyone.


    You've got some good ideas. :thumbup:

    Can you imagine if they had put these kind of timers on the plots of land and made them so small you couldn't even fit one building on it. Peoples tunes would be a little different after that altered their perspective a bit.

    In other games I've played, you have to wait like 24 hours after clearing a plot of land. Can you imagine if that happend with this game? People would RIOT
  • lanza1919
    7 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    It would have been better if they had done an event for Squidport and gather shells in jobs
    like gone fishing ,swim , and for Burns throw nuclear waste on the Sea
    This update sucks and the time for jobs is too slow
    I wish the next update have more premium stuff with betters story lines
    Or the update of Back to school gone with more peolpe of Springfield and more houses and buildings
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited June 2013
    lanza1919 wrote:
    It would have been better if they had done an event for Squidport and gather shells in jobs
    like gone fishing ,swim , and for Burns throw nuclear waste on the Sea
    This update sucks and the time for jobs is too slow
    I wish the next update have more premium stuff with betters story lines
    Or the update of Back to school gone with more peolpe of Springfield and more houses and buildings

    I am glad it is an expansion and not a limited time event......because "I don't have time for that" !!!.....knowing that all of this squidport is not going anywhere anytime soon will let me take my time and plan everything out properly.......
  • paves4
    222 posts
    edited June 2013
    JoshSherer wrote:
    You do realize that this game has a finite lifespan. Anything that can extend that is good in my book. Just sayin'

    They can expand it by making the buildings take a year instead of the freaking floor. That would have been far more satisfying to everyone.

    so if a building took a year to finish, you would have no problem with that?
    rubbish. you would have 27 threads complaining about how your gulp n blo wouldn't be done for another 12 months and you want to reorganize now.
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited June 2013
    mwdalton wrote:
    Its a good job there isnt a health and safety official in my springfield because its going to be a while before I have room for a handrail ;)

    Isn't Homer a Safety Technician?? :shock: :shock:

    May God have mercy on us all! :lol:

    Drat, forgot that. Well at least he's a lousy one!

    With a little bit of rearranging I have managed to squeeze in a handrail at the moment so I'm a little happier with how it looks. Few more hours until I can start production of the next tile, its my first 24hr one and dont want it finishing in the middle of the day. Haven't had a task to build the next building yet which is a good job because it will be a couple of days before I can start the build. Looks like I might just manage to balance production of tiles with buildings as long as I dont lose any more tiles.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.